PDA

View Full Version : Connelly F1 X with double draft bindings.. any comments..

mtvfiremedic
05-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Just bought the F1X with double draft bindings..
I cant wait for water to get warm in Nor cal so I can try this ski out with double draft bindings. For anyone who hasnt seen these.. gone are the days of pushing and shoving with soap to get in the boot.. these are HINGED so you can just undo the locking hinge and OPEN the boot.. then close and lock.. tighten the laces and giddy-up
Anyone try these yet.. opinions?...
Also the Ski guru at the shop set up the ski so my back foot was slightly angled in.. says i'll get a better cut and more control in turns.. any comment?

tazz3069
05-01-2008, 10:56 PM
I was wondering about those boots. I also have te same ski and LOVE it. It is a pain in the arse putting my feet in the boots even with boot lube. Let me know how they feel.

mtvfiremedic
05-01-2008, 11:18 PM
I got in them in the shop with one hand and very little soap on my sweaty feet.. the inside is lined with slippery neoprene so a breeze to slide into.. and tight when cinched but not uncomfortably.. I wore them for about 15 min full tight and standing on them with out any discomfort.. (I'll never be on the water for 15 min at a time.. ) WORTH the money so far.. just getting into them.. Now i'll see how they perform.. My guess is.. this is what they put on the F1 for the pros.. and they ski the F1 out of the box and are doing great things with it with the same bindings..
I also got at the same time the CWB full boot wakeboard bindings with the same hinge idea... wow.. they are like wearing tennis shoes..

tazz3069
05-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the info. When I get into the ski, its work. By the time my feet are in, I am so tired, I do not want to ski. Or when I finish skiing, I m so tired, I can not get themoff. Pain in the arse. I am going to order a set for my ski.