PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal after one year? (tower lights rusty)

mvd
05-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi,

Bought an brand new LSV last year and after one season all my 3 towerlights looks likes on the images. My dealer here in Europe says that there is no guarantee on this item, and SC did not answer my questions on this problem.

Why is the quality of the speakerlights so bad. My boat is like new but these tower lights are looking if they are 10 years old.

Maybe next time skip the factory installed tower lights and choose some other brand? I can figure out why SC use such a low quality tower lights?

Please advise

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm304/mvd1968/CIMG4380.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm304/mvd1968/CIMG4381.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm304/mvd1968/CIMG4383.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm304/mvd1968/CIMG4389Large.jpg

spyder
05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Wow, that's bad looking... do you run in Salt Water or anything?

mvd
05-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Nope,

Only run on sweet water but got some rain last year.
Tower and speakers are ok but these light realy look bad.

The quality of these lights is not the standard i expect from SC.

If someone from SC reads this message maybe the can check the quality and durability of the tower light, because this is not good!

spyder
05-01-2008, 02:47 PM
yeah, that's embarassing. i would be reluctant to show off my 1 year old boat to friends with lights like that?

were the lights OEM, or maybe a dealer addon?

mvd
05-02-2008, 02:12 AM
yeah, that's embarassing. i would be reluctant to show off my 1 year old boat to friends with lights like that?

were the lights OEM, or maybe a dealer addon?

OEM lights, these are the standard lights that where on the tower with speakers and lights option.

I send an e-mail to SC again, hope the will find an sollution for me?

tazz3069
05-02-2008, 08:33 AM
That would be nice if they can just send you new ones.

GeauxTigers
05-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Kinda lends credence to the fact that EVERYTHING on the boat must be wiped down after each use. That must be the result of some pretty hard water. I was surprised last week to see how badly the water spots show on the red boat. I never noticed on my old one because the hull was primarily white. I got me some Duckee and wiped her down religiously every evening... including the tower, because the water in Havasu seemed to be quite full of minerals.

mvd
05-02-2008, 02:34 PM
I will keep you updated. If SC send me some new ones that will be great!
I send them an e-mail with this tread so they can see the pictures again.

jonmata70
05-03-2008, 02:59 PM
I have an 05 lsv & everytime i pull the boat out the water i always wipe everything down apply some protection. do you keep your boat inside the garage or outside all year long? it will make a big difference if its in the garage or anything.

moomba_armada
05-08-2008, 04:38 AM
I installed a lights/speakers bar last year and they went the same as yours,need to paint the speakers screens ..I run in salt water though...I used a product to pasivate the metal and it seems to go a bit better.Will check the name of that product and post it here.
Also found some plastic housing lights to replace mines when they look worse.

Sled491
05-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Man looking at those pics I would have swore you rode in salt water! From sweet water that's just wierd! Acid rain...go figure!

mvd
05-11-2008, 12:19 PM
No salt water for sure. The boat is in the water in the summer and we have some rain overhere. I think they used low quality steel on the tower light.
Acid rain?? Don't think so because the tower and speakers are fine.

Maybe the quality of the lights are ok for USA standards (trailering the boat every day and the store it indoors but for keep it in the water, the quality sucks.

bobwells
05-17-2008, 08:43 PM
sure looks like salt...

K_E_N
05-20-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm guessing the boat had to cross the Atlantic to get to the Netherlands. HHMMM, Atlantic Ocean, isn't that a bit brackish, salt water as some would say. I have no clue as to how the boats are packaged for overseas shipping, but I would suspect some salt from the overseas trip.

mvd
05-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Thanks for all the answer.
When i got the boat everything was perfect. I think these lights are not designed for the Dutch weather. I never ride salt water. I am very carefull with my boat and take good care of it

No response from Moomba yet, i don't think they will offer an sollution.
Only 3 new housings and the boat would be perfect again............................
Again, these housings are not desigend for the dutch weather went the boat is 24/7 in the water. But i had expected some more quality on the parts of my new $63k new boat.

I am planning to buy an new supra Launch 22 next year so this problem is gonna be the problem of my dealer.

If my new Supra also have the same low quality parts then it will be my last boat i buy from SC factory. No offense to you guys.

Sled491
05-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Man I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, but I have a hard time believing that my boat on the lift and in the water all summer in the harsh WIsconsin weather is better off than yours in the Netherlands. Also I've never seen or heard of anyone else with this complaint. I mean I get hard water stains on my stianless that is a b$#%*, but you have a problem there no doubt. It's all good though, the Supra Launch is an impressive boat with all the bling!!!