PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter

drewdwn
04-30-2008, 09:27 AM
I have an 05 outback . how often do i need to change the fuel filter and cap and rotor

RYAN
04-30-2008, 06:05 PM
:roll: :roll: I change mine every 6 months or so, a good test to see if you need to change it more often is to remove the fuel filter after running your boat for a while, take the fuel filter off with the fuel inside and poor it into a CLEAR – CLEAN - GLASS vase. Let the fuel sit for a couple minutes, water has a heaver than fuel and it will build up on the bottom. Also look debris or particles on the bottom as well. The fuel should appear a light tan color and of the same consistency. If any of these abnormal conditions are present change your filter..... Hope this helps Ryan.

RYAN
04-30-2008, 06:33 PM
:roll: :roll: I change mine every 6 months or so, a good test to see if you need to change it more often is to remove the fuel filter after running your boat for a while, take the fuel filter off with the fuel inside and poor it into a CLEAR – CLEAN - GLASS vase. Let the fuel sit for a couple minutes, water has a heaver than fuel and it will build up on the bottom. Also look debris or particles on the bottom as well. The fuel should appear a light tan color and of the same consistency. If any of these abnormal conditions are present change your filter..... Hope this helps Ryan. WOW ITS FAT FINGER WEEK HERE AT WORK,, WATER IS HEAVER THAN FUEL. AND AS TO CAP AND ROTOR I HAVE NO CLUE THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH I CAN DO HERE.....HA