PDA

View Full Version : ballast switches

pickle311
04-29-2008, 02:46 PM
anyone know what brand the switches are that Moomba uses. I need to order some and wanted to see if I could find them online. I don't feel like driving down to the boat dealer twice just to get some switches.

Thanks

csmsk
04-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Don't know Moombas brand but check these out:

http://i8.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/de/86/75f2_1.JPG

They're on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160214624173&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

pickle311
04-29-2008, 11:28 PM
that's perfect, thanks

K_E_N
04-30-2008, 08:31 AM
I ordered the Fly High switches off of E-Bay and they appear to be the same brand as my other factory switches; much, much less expensive than buying on-off-on switches from your local boat dealer. I have absolutely no complaints.

pickle311
04-30-2008, 08:27 PM
ok, 1 more question. Where can I order the Gravity Ballast plate that the 3 switches mount in? I know my dealer can get it, but I'd rather order it over the net and have it shipped to my house.

Thanks

K_E_N
05-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Here's what I did instead of ordering or building a switch panel just for ballast. Its kinda confusing, but let me try to explain.
In my current switch panel I had 2 switches not being used, one on-off and one on-off-on switch. I moved the empty on-off-on switch to use it for blower or bilge (and yes I did keep the blower diode in line, and yes I know that I now can't operate both at the same time). That gave me 3 "empty" holes in my current switch panel. I had to rearrange the switches so that the ballast switches would all 3 be on one end of the panel. I'm quite please with how everything turned out. I "borrowed" a label maker from work to create some small labels for the "new" blower/bilge switch and for labelling the left, front, and right ballast switches.
Of course, this worked because my boat was a stripped down '04 Outback LSV with unused switches in the current switch panel. If you have other options connected to the current switch panel, consider relocating those switches which you rarely use and place your ballast switches in their place.