PDA

View Full Version : XLV-where to put the subwoofer?

tlatoani
04-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Anyone have pics of their sub installs? I'm considering in front of the driver, most likely by cutting open the part in front of my feet and building a box into it. Wouldnt the vibration be hard on the dash/gauges?

I also considered right behind the driver, but I think that would be a pain to enclose. I'd rather avoid the port storage area, since I tend to actually use it (and my amp rack will take up a wall). Under one of the side benches or one of the bow storage areas is looking like the easiest option...

opinions please! I'd like to go with a 12", but 10" is minimum.
thanks.

SoTX
04-29-2008, 12:40 PM
I built a box around two 12"ers and placed it right next to my dual battery set up under the glove box.

Aquaholic
04-30-2008, 03:06 AM
I have my sub in the drivers compartment in a custom designed for that space box. It hits like Bond on the Juice. The only shake, rattle and roll is coming from us. :lol: You'll like it in that location real well.

Aqua

tlatoani
04-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the replies. I was just about ready to buy one of the new wetsounds xs-xxx subs...and then I saw that it is dual 2ohm voice coils. My amp runs best at 2ohm, so this sub wont work great with it. darn, it looked sweet.

cab13367
04-30-2008, 02:52 PM
I have my sub in the drivers compartment in a custom designed for that space box. It hits like Bond on the Juice. The only shake, rattle and roll is coming from us. :lol: You'll like it in that location real well.

Aqua
Aqua,

Could you post pics please.

Thanks,

Al

kennedy
03-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of subwoofer that they have installed in any XLV tow-boats.

Looking for good ideas!!!

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!