PDA

View Full Version : Getting boat built......

Chadr
04-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Hey is Skiers Choice behind on production of boats or is my dealership giving me a run around. I ordered my 2008 LSV from South Austin Marine in Texas back in Feburary. They cashed my deposit check for the boat on Feb 7th and called me so I can comfirm the order of the boat and tell them the options that I want. They told me it should take a month and a half to build the boat and I should have it end of March first of April. I call them middle of april and they told me they had to move my spray date back another 2 weeks and it should be done end of april. So then I called The dealership back middle of april and and they now told me that I have a spray date of April 28 and the boat should be completed and shipped to them second weekend of May.. I was just wondering if Skiers Choice is behind or is South Austin Marine giving me the run around, has anyone had this problem....

maxpower220
04-27-2008, 09:49 PM
I ordered a boat in Feb also. I contacted SC directly through email with details of the boat and dealer. They gave me a spray date in late April. I followed up on Friday and it is in production. My point is, contact SC and bypass your dealer on this. Your dealer is just calling SC anyway, so cut out the middle man.

Chadr
04-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Sounds good I am going to call them tomorrow and see what is going on
thanks...

Chadr
04-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Called Skiers Choice today and they told me all the details on my boat. They were real helpful and great people to deal with. Thanks....

04-29-2008, 01:56 AM
I am experiencing the exact same thing. Ordered same time as you, and might have it 4 weeks from now. I wasn't sure if it was the dealer of SC. My lake is still frozen so I guess it doesn't really matter.

The folks at Skiers choice have been great, Callie in particular.

pickle311
04-29-2008, 07:46 AM
The guys at South Austin Marine won't screw you around. I've bought 2 boats from them and they are by far the best dealer in or near Austin. They have always taken care of my problems right away.

Congrats on the new boat and hope you get it soon.

Chadr
04-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Yeah I talked to Callie at Skiers Choice very nice lady... Yeah our lakes around hear are about 65 to 70 degrees with an air temp of 85 to 90 so it is getting pretty nice. Just ready to get on the lake, been out a couple of times this year in my old boat (2002 Malibu sportster lx). But it does not throw the wake that the fully loaded LSV will...

maxpower220
04-29-2008, 02:54 PM
What are you going to do with the Malibu? That it one of the best slalom boats out there.

Chadr
04-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Yeah it is the # 1 slalom boat in the country for about the last 9 years, but It was a good starter boat for wake boarding. I have had the boat for 3 years now and need a bigger boat and wake. The malibu throws a desent wake but I have to put 1000 lbs of ballast to make the wake of a unwaited LSV. I am going to trade it in, they are giving me pretty good money for it..

aerophoto
05-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Talked to my Dealer today And I was told the boat is in Pre production What is Pre production? I have been told that it would be ready mid MAy but if it is in pre production how long?
Hmmmmm

MasterMind3002
05-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Mine was built the last week of April first week of May. The dealer called 3 days ago and told me mine is at the dealership.

I haven't seen it yet but our weather sucks right now.

Once your boat hits production you'll have it quickly.

Be patient..........its worth it!

Chadr
05-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah I talked to moomba today and my boat is finished and should ship out to my dealer Monday 12th. I am so ready to get on the water and get some hours on it(break in).

aerophoto
05-09-2008, 04:50 PM
YEA Dealer Called looks like June First or so Yahoo She's in production should be done May 25th and shipping is 5 days

tprkolbas
05-09-2008, 08:40 PM
talked to skiers choice yesterday - they said if all goes well, mine should have been done today......but they said a week to 10 days to get to michigan. add a few more days to that for the after market stereo. looks like i'll be spending memorial day weekend breaking the engine in.

MasterMind3002
05-09-2008, 10:31 PM
I finally had time to stop by my dealer today and check mine out. I couldn't be happier.......another masterpiece by Skiers Choice. If all goes well I should have it on the water before the end of the weekend.

ironworker
05-12-2008, 06:41 AM
Hey ,
I'm looking at buying a dealer inventory 07 Lsv that is pretty loaded with all the extras. I'm just wondering if the 43k the dealer wants is a little to high for a boat he's had for a year mor if it a real good price

Chadr
05-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Well it just depends what you are getting with it. I bought my 2008 Lsv custom ordered with every option double axle trailer, upgradered stereo, perfect pass, adj wake plate, cnc wake prop, bimini top(not z3 though) everything besides the heater and upgraded 340hp motor for $43000 out the door with TT&L. I have seen 07 closeouts for $34,995 will all the basic options like single axle trailer, board racks, bimini, gravity 1 ballast, and upgraded stereo. So I think that is alittle high myself...

ironworker
05-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Well Im getting gravityIII, wake plate, docking lights, stainless rubrail,upgraded stereo, solid hull/ inside color, tower mirror bracket,upgraded prop, tower light bar, snap bow and cockpit covers, perfect pass, transom remote, tandem trailer with aluminum steps......list goes on. The boat is pretty loaded up. Just kinda wondering how much I should make salesman squirm!!!!

pickle311
05-12-2008, 08:43 PM
I just got my 07 LSV with the 325 motor, single axle trailer, gravity 1 ballast, upgraded stereo, wakeboard prop, appearance package with stainless rubrail, pop up cleats, docking lights, and tower mirror arm, spare tire, wake plate, bow filler cushion, board racks, and the Z5 cargo bimini, extended warranty, boat cover with the snap on cover for the bow, all for $38.5k. I pick it up Wednesday, you should be able to do much better than 43K for an 07.

Chadr
05-19-2008, 12:32 AM
Just got my 2008 Moomba LSV in, Went to Austin to go pick it up on Friday morning. It was better than I thought every thing was perfect, and the guys at South Austin Marine are very nice guys to deal with in person. I took it to the lake today and it was great, very roomy boat. I can not wait until I can get some more hours on it so I can to back to boarding.

tazz3069
05-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Congrats on the new boat. Post some Pics of the new baby.

Chadr
05-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Thats cool I will get some pics up. I am finishing the stereo right now and I will get some pics by the end of the week....

ironworker
05-21-2008, 06:56 AM
Well, the dealer accepted an offer for 37500 for the 07 LSV so I pick it up on Saturday. I cant wait to get her on the lake. Wait if I quit my job I could have it today!!!!!