PDA

View Full Version : boat insurance?

pickle311
04-27-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm shopping around for insurance for my new LSV and just looking for some suggestions. Who's good and who should I stay away from? Also, how much are you guys paying?

Thanks

axel_T
04-27-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm set up with progressive....about 62 dollars a month and I am insured in 48 states (my job requires me to move about every year or two). The 62 dollars covers an additonal 3000 in extras (ie-speakers, skis, boards if they were to be stolen). Hope this helps

kaneboats
04-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Mine is on my homeowners so maybe not helpful- you can check with your agent to see what your company can do. But, my Dad has his with Progressive and it seemed like a real bargain. I definitely agree that you should check with them.

kbezold
04-28-2008, 07:56 PM
I just bought a used 2001 Mobius LSV and I got insurance through Voyager for $391/yr. It was about half what it was going to be through my homeowners insurance (State Farm). I found Voyager through http://onlyinboards.com

You never really know how good your insurance is until you file a claim (which I hope I never have to do).

Has anyone had any problems (or not) with their boat insurance company after they filed a claim???

Membrain
04-28-2008, 09:34 PM
I’m with Voyager also, and I’m paying comparable to what kbezold is paying. We had our stereo system stolen from our old ’04 Mobius and had no problem getting it replaced. It was an aftermarket system as well that was not originally included in the coverage. Sounds like axle is getting axed!