PDA

View Full Version : Black Pearl

Hydrofoiljunky
04-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey everyone here are some pictures of my boat we just picked up again (Long Story), a few of my favorite foiling shots, and a short video with the intent to convert some wakeboarders into trying hydrofoiling this year(This guy can ride). Seriously though, if anyone is going to be in the big MT state , Lemme know and I'll give ya a pull.

Also, a big thanx to Callie M from Skiers Choice on getting my color scheme switched in the final weeks. If I could I meet you in person I'd give you a big bear hug..........

I feel like I'm going to have some questions on some stereo stuff in the near future by I know you guys are eager to help newbies, cuz your all great folks.........Alright enough babbling

No worries!

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn60/hydrofoiljunky/?action=view&current=254dd2ca.pbr

04OUTBACK
04-26-2008, 02:26 PM
great looking boat... impressive foiling..
I don't quite understand the "POP" of those rigs.. looks like fun, looks like a novice could bust a## quickly..

deerfield
04-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Hydrofoil - What creates the momentum that produces that much air? Very nice boat! - Deerfield

Hydrofoiljunky
04-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the compliment. The foil under the water is much like that of an airplane wing in the air, as long as you have speed you'll have lift. In the video he's probably doing around 26-27 mph, because that is where he likes to ride. Most riders are around 20-24 I'd say. You guys wouldn't believe the average age of a Hydrofoiler.........Most riders are in the 35-50 age range believe it or not. With others all over the board.....The youngest I've seen ride was in a video at age 4.....yes 4. And the oldest Mary Murphy was like 84 and set the Guiness record for the longest journey on a foil or something like that......The cool thing about the sport is you can fly the foil as they call it at about 9 mph. It really looks more intimidating that it really is. I kid you not, I could have you up and riding the foil in about 10 minutes and under 10 mph. Much like Skiing, some get up their first try and some take a few, ok a hundred tries. Sorry MOM! :D And it's one of the coolest feelings when you get up the first time. I've taken much harder hits wakeboarding than I ever have Foiling......Plus I'm getting to old to wakeboard(33) My knees just can't take it anymore...... :D

Sled491
04-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Getting old @33, ha ha that's funny :lol:

There are no shortage of 40 + year olds here bringing it 8)

Love the boat, how's that black to keep looking that nice?

tprkolbas
04-26-2008, 10:41 PM
dude - i'm pushing 34 this year. i upgraded from a mobius ls to a mobius lsv this year just so i could go bigger. yes, it is a little hard on the knees, but i still can't get enough. i always want to push the limit of my body when it comes to boarding even though i know i shouldn't and pay for it the next day(s). i plan on throwing flips until at least 40, and boarding until 50. maybe then, i'll retire my board and bindings, and make my wife happy by buying a big pontoon!

seanpatsdad
05-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Hydrofoiljunky,
Were are you located.Is that Bradley in your video.I got a chance to be in a boat last year over in Ohio with Bradley,Kyser and Koehler while they were sking.Pretty awesome.I just recieved my mach III front wing and am riding with the Falcon rear wing.Very nice combo.Take care.
John

jmvotto
05-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Hydro,

Awesome stuff, I thought that would take a long time to learn. I saw a free promo vid from one of the catalogs "air chair" pretty cool.

TPR, getting old at 33-34. LOL Ive had my share of surgeries, knee scoped and ankle fusion. but at 41 i am pumped to get back at my slalom skiing and getting better at boardering, ( just started last year). Hopefully i now have a fast enough boat to hold my arse up footin' :D face plants at 30 40 mph sting a bit.

tazz3069
05-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Great looking boat. Awesome video. Wish I had enough guts to do that. Just turn 39 here.

Razzman
05-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Younguns! 52 next month! But of course it's all low impact now!

Aquaholic
05-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Weeee....that meeee

Hydrofoiljunky
05-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Aqua, I didn't know you could shake your thang on a Hydrofoil. Do you still ride?

Chad