PDA

View Full Version : Wakeskating

ajmoritz17
04-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Finally tried wakeskating-thought the free greasy feeling was pretty cool. Was humbled very fast when tried to get any air at all. any tips for taking a wakeskate wake to wake? Ollies? anything? I realize this is a wakeboarding forum so I'll throw out a wakeboarding question as well-
I want to try throwing a grab in my backrolls- im landing them pretty consistently but am timid to take one hand off the handle.what should i expect on first try?
________
marijuana trichomes (http://trichomes.org)

Chefwong
04-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Wakeskating is fun, but I find it much harder to learn tricks. It's great for learning raleys!

For the backroll grab you should get on the trampoline, It's definetly hard to snag because the lower you crunch you body going for that grab the faster you will flip.

However, if your consistantly landing backrolls I'd start going for some TS Frontrolls, Tantrums, or TS backroll whatever sounds the most comfortable.

ajmoritz17
04-24-2008, 09:12 AM
great for landing raleys - I dont know if i can get enough pop on my skate to even get my feet back. I was just gonna try it on my board for the first try but you think skate would be better? just dive in then on your way down or what? i almost think id rather try and get lucky with the board.

Ive been workin on the tantrum-getting around just fine just can't seem to stick the landing yet- and as for anything toeside i think once the water warms up here (ohio) im gonna dedicate a whole week to nothing but toeside cause im horrible!
________
rolling a joint (http://howtorollajoint.net)

Chefwong
04-28-2008, 12:35 PM
The rule of thumb would be when you land something Heelside, learn something toeside and vs versa. otherwise you find yourself doing heelside tricks then coming back with switch heelside tricks and cut out a whole realm of awesome flips and spins.

The raley on the wakeskate, you just cut in like you would on your wakeboard and throw you feet out behind you then rip the handle back in down to your knees. The trick is all about coming back I found out, your feet get out there in a split second. The only advantage to doing it on the wakeskate is that your board is not connected when you hit the water.