PDA

View Full Version : Where would you put this?

Aquaholic
04-24-2008, 12:54 AM
This is the led remote that I will be installing to the cockpit area.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii156/zcannaday/CMRC1-BSS1.jpg

I have 2 ideas on location for remote, one would be just to the right of the keyed ingition and move the 12v plug and relocate it to another place more useful. I would remove the aeware remote and replace it with a custom made aluminum cnc moomba logo that would be stepped down twice and then chromed.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii156/zcannaday/moomba008.jpg

the second consideration would be to the right side where the two gauges not on the dash are located, near the arm rest. I would move the depth gauge to the dash and make the aluminum cover to be a bezel for the depth gauge. Then move the trim indicator the bottom hole. Then place the remote in the upper spot of the two holes.

Thoughts............

scoot_gt
04-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Speaking from experience with my remote off to the side - put it somewhere where you have easy access (and for this one, looks like you want to be able to read it to).

If you are paying the money for cnc (I like this idea) - create a bezel. Move the furthest right (or furthest left if you are lefty) out of the top 7 gauges to the new bezel. Who needs to constantly look at battery voltage level anyway?

Of course, if you are moving gauges all over anyway, I'd prefer trim and gas up top (along with your new remote) since I stare at these most often :)

But that's just my 2 cents...

cab13367
04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Zach,

Since you have PP, do you ever look at the analog speedometer or the analog tachometer? If not, how about removing one of those gauges, have a CNC bezel made, and put it there. Nice and visible that way.

Al

Aquaholic
04-24-2008, 04:01 PM
That's a good idea but I worry if I get to creative that it will hurt me dollar wise the day I decide to upgrade to a different boat. I will try to put the depth gauge in the aeware remote spot if I can. What do you think about the area where the key goes.

cab13367
04-24-2008, 08:44 PM
That's a good idea but I worry if I get to creative that it will hurt me dollar wise the day I decide to upgrade to a different boat. I will try to put the depth gauge in the aeware remote spot if I can. What do you think about the area where the key goes.
You can always put it back to stock before you sell it.

Putting it but the key sounds good - you think it will be very visible though? Won't the steering wheel block your view?

newty
04-27-2008, 12:35 AM
I think you should put it down next to the key. You can always replace that panel if you sell. To me it would be easier to see/use. Having it up on the dash may be cumbersome to reach and hard to see. I had those remotes on my old boat and loved the look but I never looked at them just turned it up and down. I used my ipod the whole time so the screen did me no good. The Clarion to ipod interface is lacking to say the least so I just left the ipod up on the dash to scroll through.