PDA

View Full Version : wake comparison

xlvowner277
04-23-2008, 08:23 PM
does anyone know how the gravity game xlv wake compares to other boats like correct craft ,malibu ,supra ,mastercarft ,mb sports, gekko, and othe wake boats
is the wake better worse or what

pickle311
04-23-2008, 09:06 PM
that's kind of open ended question, the wake that you like probably isn't the same that some others like. With that being said, I've only ridden behind and XLV once and that was with no ballast. The wake was ok, but I've heard it throws a killer wake when it's sacked out. I'm sure someone with an XLV will chime in.

Membrain
04-23-2008, 09:50 PM
A buddy of mine has an ’07 X-Star, and our ’08 XLV GG throws just as large a wake (if not larger) than his! Although, we did upgrade to the 1,100 lbs. Bags!!! We fill the front bag full and use the back two to trim as needed.

Another buddy has an older (around and ’04-’06 model I think) Wakesetter, and although it throws on hell of a wake, they take off when we show up! We’re getting the comments now like, “ don’t be messin’ up our water now”!!!! Music to our ears!!! 8)

tkderose
04-25-2008, 11:35 AM
I want to agree with Membrain, it depends on the amount of weight you have in the boat. Yeh sure the hulls are different but they all set off a pretty good wake. I have ridin behind malibu, tige, moomba, mobius, master craft ect.. they are all about the same. It all depends how much air you want to get, he he... I own a Moomba and run two 450 fat saks. its Great!
Be safe,
TD

04-26-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. I'm awaiting my 08 XLV in the next month. I've never ridden behind a Vdrive, in fact I've never even ridden in one! I am sure it will be a change from my 18 foot i/o but I don't personally know anyone who's ridden behind the new model yet.

Eric Z
04-26-2008, 11:56 PM
I am sure the XLV throws a monsoon. I actually rode for the first time today behind my LSV. It throws a great wake and I am sure a weighted XLV will be huge. I have ridden behind a few V-drives and was very impressed w/ the LSV. I have ridden behind an 04 Supra 22SSV and I think the wakes were very close. Go to wakeboardingmag.com and look at the virtual test drives.