PDA

View Full Version : Mobius Questions

Hydrofoiljunky
04-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi guys, a week and a half ago we received our new boat, took it out the next day which was a Sunday. We proceeded with the break in, we have about 4.2 hrs on it now. I was putting on a rack that came in today and decided to check the oil while sitting. It registers just under midway on the holes. I then unscrewed the black plastic cover in front of the ski Pylon. The one that sits flush with the carpet. Question 1 What is that filter that you see there? Question 2 There was some oil, not alot but enough to cause concern(it wasn't water, cuz I dipped my finger in it) Is this normal to see oil in the bottom there? Does anyone else remember seeing oil under the engine upon breakin in there engine? And last but not least Has anyone removed the Ski Pylon? If So, how does it come out. I twisted on the thing with all my might and so did the dealer and we couldn't get it to budge. I know I know, Why did you buy a Crossover boat to partially ski with but then remove the Ski pylon? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chad

Hydrofoiljunky
04-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Forgot, Our boat is a DD Mobius LS

Jon J
04-23-2008, 12:02 PM
I have an 07 Mobius LS. That filter you are seeing under the black inspection plate is for ballast water intake. You will also see the solenoid valves for each of your ballast bags/tanks. If you have the gravity III system there are three valves.

As far as oil in your bilge...it is probably just some spillage from when they initially filled your engine oil or installed the oil filter initially. I would make sure that the oil filter is tight and that the amount of oil doesn't increase.

The ski Pylon is not easily removed. There is a big bolt through the bottom that needs to be taken out. There is a big aluminum frame with a diamond shaped hole in it that the Pylon is anchored to. I just leave the Pylon in all the time because it doesn't really get in the way. We ski with the Pylon and wakeboard and wakesurf with the tower.

Hope that helps.

Hydrofoiljunky
04-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanx Jon for the reply, I checked the Filter and she is tight so I ended up taking in to the dealer Today and had to leave it with them. I'll hopefully know something in the morning.........Brand new boat, it's kinda discouraging....... Oh well This too shall pass. If all goes well I hope to get out this weekend. I think I'm going to just leave the Ski Pylon attached :D I'll see this summer if I stub my tow on it. Take it easy......

Chad