PDA

View Full Version : Tower Mirror

JBMoombaMan
04-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey what type of tower mirrors are you all using? I have a 2005 XLV and I am looking for a tower mirror. I have been looking at the Monster Tower mirriors and the prices look good. Any other ideas?

TPomeroy
04-22-2008, 06:58 PM
I have the Monster and we really like it. I trailer many miles to the lake so I like the quick release and it looks and fits on the boat really well.

cj11302000
04-22-2008, 08:52 PM
I have the mirror arm made by Roswell Wake Air and it really looks sick. I was able to mount the factory CIPA mirror that came with my boat to the arm and it works well. I can send pictures to you if you want to see it...just let me know. I ordered it direct from Roswell Wake Air...they have a website.[/img]

JBMoombaMan
04-22-2008, 09:07 PM
If you can send a pix that would be great. Good to know the stock mirror will also work with the Roswell arm.

04OUTBACK
04-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Check this one. Aquaholic posted this earlier.. It is made by a company in N. Alabama and is available from Alabama Watersports in Athens, AL

https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=5655&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10

Nboard10
04-23-2008, 08:39 AM
NBMoombaMan,

Check out this Ebay store
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wakeboard-tower-mirror-arm-wakeboarding-mirror-tower_W0QQitemZ140215504732QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1527 2QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

If the link doesnt work - try item number 140215504732

The guy who sells them is named Rio. I just ordered two board racks and the tower mirror. I should get them Thursday. He will take 10-15 dollars off the buy it now price. Good deal!

If you are interested in it, email me. I will let you know how it looks when I get it. [email protected]

cab13367
04-23-2008, 10:36 PM
NBMoombaMan,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wakeboard-tower-mirror-arm-wakeboarding-mirror-tower_W0QQitemZ140215504732QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1527 2QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

The guy who sells them is named Rio. I just ordered two board racks and the tower mirror. I should get them Thursday. He will take 10-15 dollars off the buy it now price. Good deal!

If you are interested in it, email me. I will let you know how it looks when I get it. [email protected]
Nboard,

That is the cheap mirror mount that I refer to in my post on this thread:

https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=5655&start=0

Hopefully, it will work better on the Moomba tower than on the Monster Tower. You will have metal on metal contact though, unless there is room to wrap something around the tower.

Let us know how it works.

Thanks,

Al

K_E_N
04-24-2008, 11:16 AM
I recently put the Monster mirror mount on my '04 LSV and love it. I went with the plain looking arm, so it doesn't have the "bling" factor of other arms, but it's rock solid and easily removed if need be. Also, as already mentioned, it will not scratch your tower, meaning you should be able to completely remove it and place it on your next boat without harming the resale of your current boat.

JBMoombaMan
04-24-2008, 12:50 PM
What size bracket should I order for the tower mirror? Is the rad-a-cage tower on the 2005 XLV 2 1/2"?

cab13367
04-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Ken,

Glad the monster arm worked out for you.

JB,

You get the full set of inserts or at least I did when I bought mine last year. Ken - can you confirm?

Al

K_E_N
04-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Yes, I did get a full set of inserts. I also had to get the adapter to make my "ball and socket" mirror fit the arm. I generally don't like "adapters", I like stuff to fit, but the adapter actually looks pretty good.

Nboard10
04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Cab13367, I installed it and used it both Friday and Sunday. I love the way it looks and installation was very simple... the only drawback to the mirror is that it is not very strong. After the connection to hte tower, there is another piece of hte mirror arm that connects with a simple bolt is supposed to be held in place by a series of holes on one side and a spring loaded pin that extends into those holes. This spring is pretty weak though, I can press it with my thumbnail and found that after crossing my wake on a turn around the mirror would sort of fall down.
I am going to call Rio and see what he says....but - if this can't get fixed, I would probably not recommend the mirror.
I will keep you posted.

Nboard10
05-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Cab - I truly hope you didnt purchase the mirror from Rio. I was out yesterday and crossed over my wake only to have the mirror break off and fall into the river. The simple screw that holds the two sections of the mirror arm must have vibrated out during the hours of wakebaording and the second half including hte mirror are now at the bottom. I am sure a few fish are enjoying the view!

I am going to call Rio tomorrow - see what he says. I have to imagine he is only going to say it is my fault because I should have made sure the screw was tight.(it was that morning though)

At this point, I will shell out the 200 and get a truly quality mirror. Sometimes saving a few bucks can end up costing quite a bit...

cab13367
05-18-2008, 02:03 AM
Nboard10,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I've had the monstertower.com mirror arm since I bought my boat and love it. It's solid and is removable too.

Al

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/mirror.jpg

bamaspiveys
05-18-2008, 08:43 AM
NBMoombaMan,

Wish I could have got to you guys before you placed this order. I like Rio and he is a nice guy but this is one of those "get what you pay for" deals.

I have the mirror and the racks:

I had to modify the mirror mounting point to the metal arm, because it would flip up with the wind.

I also lost the bolt that connects the two metal arms, I had to build a new bolt and used a wing nut welded to a bolt to make sure I can secure it.

The wakeboard racks leave black marks on my boards, the rubber is low quality. The only thing Rio offered was to spray them down with armorall often. All that does it get black drip marks on my tower and boat.

bamaspiveys
05-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Anyone used the LipBoating stuff?

I like the idea of powdercoating the rack. I am also looking for a slalom ski rackand they have one that will fit my double high wraps.

See my post earlier about getting what you pay for with the "Rio" Racks and Mirror.... I am doing more research this time around!!!!

Matt Glenn
05-19-2008, 06:43 AM
You guys are mounting the Mirror wrong on the tower. That is why it is moving. I have one waterski rack, one wakeboard rack, tower mirror and clamps for my moomba bimini from boss wake. I have been happy with these products. Are they the best? No but for the price you can not beat them. For what I have spend you guys are spending on one rack. But guess that is your call. The racks are good enough for my occasional use of them. The monster tower mirror may be detacheable but it looks boring. Just my opinion sorry. Rio is a nice guy and makes what every you need for your boat.

bamaspiveys
05-19-2008, 07:44 AM
Wish I could have got to you guys before you placed this order. I like Rio and he is a nice guy but this is one of those "get what you pay for" deals.

Isn't that what I said?

There is better stuff out there but it costs a lot more!

Nboard10
05-19-2008, 12:02 PM
I also totally agree that Rio is great. Cool guy to chat with over the phone, good customer service - etc. A good business man. And - the product is certainly worth what you pay for it. I am more than an occasional rider, we are out 3-5 times a week.

I do like the board racks from Rio though. They look clean and I havnt noticed any black marks on my boards, I have the white Ronix One.... I hope I don't start getting them!! The only bummer about those racks are that the forks are close together, in windy conditions, the boards chatter a bit. But - they do their job.

Btw - I did not mount the mirror incorrectly. I spoke wiht Rio about this and received direct instruction on exactly how to mount it.

I hope you don't feel I am bashing Rio - because I am not. He is a great guy - I just got unlucky with a slippery bolt. He should have included a lock washer with the set up. Or I should have had the foresite to put one on.

Razzman
05-19-2008, 12:58 PM
I bought one of Rio's arms for my Tigé and never put it on as i sold it a week later. My only concern was the thumbscrew at the joint as it only seemed to hold by three or four threads. I would either get a longer thumbscrew w/washer or use an allen bolt with washers to hold it together. Otherwise it seemed well made for the price and i agree rio is a cool dude.

moombadaze
05-20-2008, 10:47 AM
i'll 2nd the monster tower mirror arm--solid and removable-not the flashist but nice and clean looking