PDA

View Full Version : LSV weighting

pickle311
04-20-2008, 11:33 AM
how are you guys with LSVs weighting them. I'm getting an 07 and all it has is the gravity1 system for now. Obviously I will be upgrading it. I know the 750lb prox sacks will fit in the rear lockers, but what about the front?

Thanks

Eric Z
04-20-2008, 12:50 PM
06' Mobius LSV, 2x400lb v-drive bags, 400lb locker bag, 300lb sacks hidden under bow cushions. Wake looks awesome, I drove past some big money boats last weekend...MC, Malibu. All I can say is I know I made the right choice. My wake is as good or better.

tprkolbas
04-20-2008, 01:17 PM
i'm waiting on my 08 lsv to come in. i will have the gravity III ballast system. i also have a fly-high bow bag (says it will hold 1000lbs). obviously, i haven't tried it all out yet, but do you think the gravity III system is enough? is the bow bag too much? will the bow weight make the handling too difficult?

i'm intermediate skills wise (at best), but i love getting huge air and landing way out in the flats. just curious if i'm dreaming of too big of a wake.

Eric Z
04-20-2008, 06:27 PM
That seems like alot of weight up front. I have a 150lb waterbed tube under the bow cushions and a 150lb cube under the playpen cushion. I won't even bother to drain it most of the time. With 300lb up front it looked realy good. If you go up to 1000lb in the front it might sit low up there.

ajmoritz17
04-21-2008, 07:59 AM
tprkolbas- I have an 08 lsv that i have just started to ride behind-
I have the gravity 3 with 750s in the real lockers- i took one of the 400's i had left over and layed it in the bow-wake looks great and its plenty big enough for me-i would consider myself intermediate as well-if i have enough people on the boat i dont waste time pumping in the water for the extra bag i just make 2 people sit up front-I p[lay around with the plate to shape it up a little
hope this helps
________
buy vaporgenie (http://vaporizers.net/vapor-genie)

tprkolbas
04-21-2008, 02:27 PM
good lookin' out fellas. thanks for the info!

cab13367
04-21-2008, 03:13 PM
pickle,

See the thread below that I started on this subject. Be sure to read my last post.

I am not willing to give up space in the boat for the sake of more weight, so bow bags or putting bags on the floor is not an option for me.

Hope that helps.

Al

https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=5490

LSV04
04-25-2008, 06:46 PM
I took these gallon containers like clorox bottles. Go to a tire shop and ask them for the old tire weights. They are made of lead. Fill the bottle and you have 20-30 lbs in a clean bottle that you can store around the boat. Some guys melt these tire weights into a bread mold ,pop it out and you have a 40lbs block.But I thought that was too much trouble. Sometimes they will charge you for the weights (I paid $50 for 500LBS here in NY) but thats NY. Sometimes you have to pay for others garbage.