PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta JAMboree

Tmang
04-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Okay folks it's official ! Atlanta Marine will hold the first GA Supra Moomba Jamboree . The date will be July 12th . The location Lake Lanier. A website will be put together soon for registration and details. Put on your calendars.

moombadaze
04-16-2008, 06:36 PM
ive got it penned on my calendar

questions, how is the lake level? boat ramps? what part of lanier?north,south,east,west?, plan on camping at one of the nearby campgrounds and would like to get reservations placed. dont want to be on the other end of the lake.

thanks

Swamp Buggy
04-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Tim,

We had talked about a poker run type event. Is that still the plan?

Tmang
04-17-2008, 01:43 PM
As of right now the The Ga Jam will be on the south end of the lake .I'm still waitng on permits. Lake levels are good for now. Big Creek and Shoal Creek ramps are open . As soon as the permits are granted I will create a website with all the details guys. There is camping available at Lake Lanier islands and a bunch of other parks around the lake.

moombadaze
04-18-2008, 12:29 PM
well i just went ahead and reserved a camp site at shoal creek for thursday thru sunday--good excuss to haul the family up camping for a few days

ATLOUTBACKV
04-25-2008, 04:16 PM
i am getting some good response from some companies about some cool give aways for the jamboree.... glad to see this coming together!

axel_T
04-27-2008, 01:38 AM
I'll be there...just need some suggestions on where to stay/camp...thanks

moombadaze
04-27-2008, 09:52 AM
axel_t
we are staying at shoal creek, spot #93 going up thursday and home sunday

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/map_of_Shoal_Creek_Ga/r/campgroundMap.do?page=map&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71417&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

stacy

axel_T
04-28-2008, 04:30 PM
moombadaze,

Thanks for the suggestion and the link to Shoal Creek. Just reserved a Campsite close to yours and the ramp. Looking forward to the weekend and meeting all the other Moombas/Supras

-Joe-

moombadaze
04-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Joe, what day are you arriving? and what spot did you get?

what this trip will cost me

campsite $51.00
gas for truck @4.00 gallon $320.00 :evil:
fill boat with gas $80.00 :?
beer and wine $50.00 :D
food $100.00

axel_T
05-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Should be arriving that Friday and staying through Sunday. I'm pretty sure I reserved one of the sites next to yours. I have friends coming from NC,SC and FL and everyone is lookin forward to it...See you in a couple months

ATLOUTBACKV
05-07-2008, 09:35 AM
bump... we are gonna have some bad arse give aways... mike at the walker project is donating a board, my company will be giving out gift certificates as well as shirts and other stuff... and thats just the begining

moombadaze
05-07-2008, 09:44 AM
looking forward to it, anybody else camping?

kaneboats
05-14-2008, 02:34 PM
OK, Stacy talked me into at least one reunion this summer if not 3 before its all said and done. I'm camping with the boss and kids on Fri. and Sat. night. I reserved right by you guys. Anybody bringing kids? If so, I have at least one or two their age. Just so you guys know, my wife is not exactly an outdoors type so make sure you tease her real good. HA HA HA. She's a good sport and lots of fun though. I am truly blessed.

MOOMBA_97
05-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Are there any cabins for rent in that area?

kaneboats
05-14-2008, 02:59 PM
I was looking for cabins but nothing came up at Shoal Creek and I don't know the area so I decided we'd "rough" it. I haven't camped in so long I'm going to have to borrow some gear. We've had an infant so often my wife would never go for it. Now that the youngest is a little bigger she's not so scared. Anybody that wants to post a list of recommended gear (other than boat stuff) please do so as I know I'm going to forget something.

moombadaze
05-14-2008, 08:16 PM
my wife is also not the most outdoorsy type-so she lets me do all the cooking and cleaning-she just feels kinda out of her element-i really dont mind-she helps with what i need when asked.

this is our first time at this camp ground also, we have been staying at old federal in the years past

my list that i can think of now-i know its not everthing but...

tent
easy up shelter=shade/rain cover for camp table
light weight sleeping bags-the ones we use are kinda like heavy towels-like a kids slumber party sleeping bags, got them at target, we can still zip two together and real pillows
air bed-not the cheesy pool thing--actual queen sized-sleep's cooler being up a little off the ground, better than the lumpy ground
jumbo mat (bath mat) for the entrance to tent-keeps it cleaner inside
rope=clothes dryer
bbq
single burner propane stove
utensiles for cooking but i keep it as simple as possible, tongs,spatula,knife
medium skillit pan-can cook in and use for hot dish water
baby wipes,paper towels
tub to keep dry foods in(buns,bread...)--damn chipmunks got ours last time
solar recharable yard lights keeps the camp site lit all night--both good and bad
fire extingisher
fire starter--presto log
smores=happy kids
NO ALARM CLOCK
bug spray
2 times the normal towels you normally use
water container-not for drinking but rinsing hands/doing dishes-we use one of those solar water heater shower things
flash lite for each person
folding chair for each person
flip flops -can wear into the showers--and one nice thing the rest rooms have allways been clean for us

anybody else ???

most of all

what time is it?

MOOMBA_97
05-14-2008, 08:41 PM
My wife WILL NOT rough camp and to tell the truth I'm not too excited about trying to do it with a 2 1/2 year old. If anybody knows of cabins near the site please chime in.

kaneboats
05-14-2008, 11:08 PM
My wife may never do it again. Oh well.

Stacy, that's some list. At least 7-8 things I didn't even think of-- like the drying line. Glad I have time to plan this.

moombadaze
05-15-2008, 07:51 AM
we actually make the smores and then put them on the bbq-crunchy crust and melted chocolate---super messy and good.

Ed is right about the hammock--ive used mine everytime we go camping--when my daughter was 3 or so and we went camping the 1st time, she had a hard time sleeping so we both got on the hammock and she fell asleep---nothing better

we dont bring any electronics into camp sites---listen to nature--best music ever

kaneboats
05-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Yup, there's a stereo in the boat for the daytime. I enjoy the night sounds. Now that I'm thinking about it I really miss it. Used to do it all the time as a kid. This could be a new beginning for the family. We could turn into . . . . .
. . .
. . .
Don't say it!
. . .
. . .
. . .
Happy Campers!

kaneboats
05-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks, Ed. I heard about that place for the first time only in the last two weeks or so. I'm glad to hear your recommendation b/c it sounded real good to me. I don't know if the wife will go for it just yet but we'll see once we she gets away from it all a time or two. She does love the beach. If not, me and the boys will definitely have to head over there.

On thing about the panhandle area is we are close to lots of great camp sites from the FL springs to the Gulf coast to the Atlantic coast to parts of GA and AL. If I can get the Mrs. going on this we've got a lot to choose from.

ATLOUTBACKV
05-15-2008, 08:07 PM
shoal creek is right around the corner where i have my slip... cool campground.. for those who cant camp there are cabins at holiday marina if i am not mistaken, as well as the cabins at lake lanier islands....

moombadaze
05-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Ed, glad to hear it

yes bring the boards

kaneboats
05-16-2008, 10:32 AM
This is sounding better and better. I'm really looking forward to it.

moombadaze
05-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Ed, plenty of room in the truck bed for boards-just let me know

Kane is correct-this is sounding like a good time

friday night -beach bonfire if its allowed

stacy

moombadaze
05-16-2008, 07:04 PM
some old camping/boating pictures on lanier

moombadaze
05-16-2008, 07:11 PM
some more pics
i think the lake was down 15 feet at that time-could be wrong tho

moombadaze
05-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Wutchya takin bout ther Ed?????

kaneboats
05-20-2008, 09:27 PM
For those who have been following this thread, please see the "Georgia Jamboree Registration" thread which contains a posting for the website to register.

Not sure if this will work, but here's a link:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5436

Or you can search Georgia Jamboree Registration. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Swamp Buggy
05-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks for posting this Kane. I didn't think to post it here. I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

You can also follow this link directly to the registration. www.GeorgiaJam.com

Swamp Buggy
05-20-2008, 10:36 PM
I just reserved Shoal Creek site 69. It is a little bit of a boat ride from Shoal Creek to Aqualand Marina but it shouldnt be too bad.

Does everyone want to try and get together Friday night?

moombadaze
05-21-2008, 07:55 AM
if i remember correctly it should take less than 20 minutes by boat to get to aqualand. Ed you are more than welcome to hitch a ride.

everyone staying at shoal creek bring some firewood for the bonfire friday night

swamp, aqualand looks like a kinda big marina-will it be easy to find what dock to go to from the water

also suggest getting some hopity hops from toys r us to use a boat bumpers-this is what im using

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2342878

kaneboats
05-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Saw in another thread mention of the hoppity hops. I guess they work great. Good idea Stacy to bring firewood for Fri. night. Should be lots of fun.

moombadaze
05-21-2008, 11:32 AM
guess i wont need to bring any ballast if youve got a ton of gear, hey will my boat still float?

will the boards fit in my racks?--stock moomba racks that is. i know the cwb ride fits

Swamp Buggy
05-21-2008, 01:27 PM
You are completely correct about the size of Aqualand. It is actually dubbed as the world's largest inland marina.

I am not too sure what Tim has planned for alerting people to the exact location but I will make sure to mention that something is definitely needed.

I think this is going to be a great time and I can't wait. Ed, I am going to need some lessons.......