PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Top Boot!

Geoffrey18
04-15-2008, 10:53 AM
The velcro straps on the boot for my bimini dry rottend and ripped in 2. Does anyone know where I could get a new boot. My dealer said they can't do anything b/c my 1 yr warranty is up. They told me I would have to but a whole new bimini just to get a boot. I have tried a few upholstry shops and they said they could do anything for me either. If anyone has any suggestions pls let me here them. The water is rising and warming I its about time to pull the ole Moomba out of hybernation. Thanks all.

GeauxTigers
04-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Where are you located Geoffrey? I can't believe a local upholstery shop won't build you a new boot. I have my boat at a place called Custom Covers here in SLC getting a top made for it. Look them up on the internet. http://www.sewlong.com. You can also call 801-262-4017 and ask for Justin.

He does business with the local Moomba dealer in Salt Lake so he should be able to help you.
Tell him Al Chavez sent you.

qb12
04-15-2008, 11:39 AM
geoff,

simply take your current "boot" to a local canvas shop and they can make you a new one.

when i got tired of my "gray" bimini, i simply took the old one with frame to the shop and they made me a sunbrella bimini and boot for $275.00

db

Hughes144
04-15-2008, 07:48 PM
I have the same problem with the velcro snapping off. I need to call my boat dealer and ask them what can be done or who I should contact to get new boot only.

Jon
04-15-2008, 08:30 PM
You CAN get a new boot from your dealer. I've ordered a few for my customers. You can even request one that has clips instead of velcro.

tazz3069
04-15-2008, 10:57 PM
I agree with Jon. I have the clips on my boot. I also agrre with everyone else. A custom shop shouldn't have a problem sewing a new strap with clips on it. You may want to try http://www.towerbiminis.com/ I had my bimini top made there.

GeauxTigers
04-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Tazz.. my top will look a lot like the ones from towerbimini. It will be red to match the boat with a gray stripe to match the upholstery. It too, goes over the top of the tower and merely folds back into the boot. I think it will look awesome.

Buttafewcoe
04-16-2008, 02:58 AM
Went to WalMart and bought a roll of velcro similar to what was on it. Had the missus sew on the new.......
hope this helps.
B

tazz3069
04-16-2008, 07:36 AM
GT--
I replace my all black top. Mine also matches the boat. Its black on the outer part with two yellow stips in the center.

Sled491
04-17-2008, 07:45 PM
My boot has a zipper on it, whats all this talk about velcro?