PDA

View Full Version : Finally Warm enough!!!

GeauxTigers
04-14-2008, 10:59 PM
To take her out for the first time! Let me tell you.... it was AWESOME!
I got a total of 4.5 hrs on the clock. I could not wait to put the hammer down but I resisted the urge and went through the proper paces.... very slow, a little faster. After 3 hrs, I got her up to 4000 rpm and that already feels lots faster than the ole Bayliner!
I was in heaven!
Pulling it off the trailer was a bit tricky because as soon I got off the trailer, it started going to the right. getting her to the dock required some skill because I ended up coasting and then grabbing on to the dock so I wouldn't bump into it. I backed up and practiced about 10 times until I got the hang of it. I am loving it!

One question for those in the know.... is it best to fill the bags while riding so they fill up quicker? Watching them fill up is like watching paint dry.

TL7
04-14-2008, 11:10 PM
The ballast in my Outback seems to fill faster when underway. Not sure if it does or not, but it sure seems like it.

A tip I'm sure you already know - if the pump doesn't prime while sitting still taking off will get the water flowing.

GeauxTigers
04-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah.... I read the book... after I got back home! LOL!

:oops:

seanpatsdad
04-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Fill one bag at a time.Not all 3 at once.Hope that helps.
John

JesseC
04-15-2008, 09:48 AM
We always fill the bags on the way to our favorite spot. By the time we get there and somone "suits up" they are usually full. This next winter I may look ata adding a second fill pump to speed things up!!

Miller_Time
04-15-2008, 12:15 PM
There's a topic on wakeworld right now dealing with the slow filling issue on Supras which run the same setup as we do. There are a few alternatives there that seem to help speed up the filling issue. I might look into modifying my system once I switch the 750 rear sacs.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/568342.html?1208253504

Hughes144
04-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Just start filling them up when you are almost at your spot. Then we all will have to get everything ready such as getting rope and handle set up, having the rider get their board and soak it in the lake then slam them on. then jump in the water... Then idle away until the rope gets tighter.. then TA DA! Your ballasts' all full by then! No biggie deal on whether to set up 2nd pump to speed it up. Just enjoy it! That's IMO. Everybody have their own preference though.

yearround
04-15-2008, 11:23 PM
I have 750's in the rear. it does take a couple minutes, but i think i like the fill and chill, get ready for the rides. although on the lake i ride on, it is quite small and when you are on the water, you are pretty much at the site.

if you do go to a bigger pump, i will be interested in the details.

right now, i am still having problems getting the air out of the sacks so that they will drain properly. any suggestions?

JesseC
04-16-2008, 09:54 AM
right now, i am still having problems getting the air out of the sacks so that they will drain properly. any suggestions?

Don't know if you have the third fitting on your bags or not, but this is how I solved the trapped air issue. I added an overflow/vent line to the third fitting of the VDrive sacs, added a one way valve and teed it into the drain line. We had a problem a couple of summers ago where we changed drivers and my buddy kicked the fill switch and it overfilled the bag and blew out the fitting! Needless to say 450 lbs of water filled the engine compartment instantly! So now we just flip the switch and when water trickles out the drain port they are full. So it acts as an overflow and a vent! No more overfilling and no more air!!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/ballast010.jpg