PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard racks???

99moomba
04-13-2008, 01:03 AM
I am attempting to update my 99' mobius. I just powdercoated my tower and am adding new tower racks along with a tower mirror instead of the basic mirror that clamos to the window and cannot stay in one position for over 5 minutes. My question is this....The tower is a 1,7/8 OD rack. My mirror (new one) is a 2,1/2 OD clamp. Everything else I purchased now comes with a cool rubber spacer so as not to "bite" into my tower. My problem is I need more of the spacers. Does anybody Know what they are called or where to even get them for that matter. any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

zabooda
04-13-2008, 04:15 AM
Try calling the manufactorer direct. Many times they have the pieces when people need them and usually at no cost.

cab13367
04-13-2008, 12:30 PM

Who is the manufacturer of your tower mirror arm?

Al

zabooda
04-13-2008, 01:24 PM
I still have the windshield mount mirror but if bought yours new then check the packaging, receipt or look on the mounting bracket for the information. I've had experience with companies that will supply parts when asked for new products that require certain parts not supplied for rare installations. Rather than send products out with a gazillion parts that are never used they will send them when requested as would be in your case.

99moomba
04-14-2008, 08:19 AM
The tower is a 99' The tower mirror is an aftermarket that I had purchased this year. My problem is this. When I bought the miror I did not read the not-so fine print tht stated the clamp is for a 2,1/2 inch tower. I cannot get a refund since I opened the box, so now I am looking for the 1 inch wide spacer, grommet, what ever they are called (maybe if I knew what the stuff was called it would be easier to locate) hopefully this helps. Thanks..

cab13367
04-14-2008, 12:11 PM

Does you mirror arm look like this?
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/mirror.jpg
If so, that's a monster arm (their clamps are 2-1/2"). Regardless, I have two complete sets of monster's inserts including for a 1-7/8" diameter tower (I used the 2-3/8" inserts as seen in the pic). They will accommodate up to a 1-1/8" wide clamp so this should work for your mirror arm.

Give me your address and I'll ship it to you. You just need to reimburse me for the shipping cost.

Al

barefooterh2o
04-17-2008, 10:10 PM
I've used radiator hose to solve spacer problems. You can buy the heavy duty stiff hose by the inch from NAPA.