PDA

View Full Version : swiveling board racks

xlvowner277
04-10-2008, 06:33 PM
what type of swiveling board racks can be put on a 2007 mobuis xlv and for how much

ian ashton
04-10-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure of the cost; the nicest that I've come across are made by www.roswellwakeair.com

I emailed them to get pricing and dealer info; they referred me to a dealer who completely blew me off and never called me back :( I just emailed the company again to ask if there is any easy way to buy their racks.

yearround
04-10-2008, 08:46 PM
i bought and installed the roswell racks. i will get come pictures up soon. i am having some problems getting them clamped securely so they don't spin around the tower. Roswell has been great, they are sending some additional inserts for me.

i paid about 1000 from a not so local dealer. the local dealer that roswell referred me to wanted close to 1500. the dealer i bought my boat from wanted close to that as well.

after i bought the racks, there was another post here that had a boat wrap and swivel racks.
https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=5403&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=wrap&start=10
the guy on that post quoted about 800 , but i had already bought mine. :( see the post around march 10 on the above link.

so far, i am only marginally impressed with the racks. i don't yet feel that they were worth the extra money. maybe after i get them set up right, i will feel better.

wakevet
04-10-2008, 09:17 PM
1500 bucks for board racks???? swivel or not, i must be missing something! i'm sure they look good but the $300 moomba 'regular' board racks do the trick for me. i'll be saving my cash for gas now that it's 1.20/L!!

Wake Master
04-10-2008, 09:35 PM
I have a 2007 XLV with the roswell racks this is a picture of the tower.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj46/jnollinger/IMG_0027.jpg

Dave Briscoe hooked me up with the guy from Roswell. I don't remember the price

K_E_N
04-11-2008, 10:56 AM
I recently purchase a 2004 LSV which already had the Roswell swivel board racks. They are pretty decent, but stick out a bit further than the factory racks. Overall, I haven't had any other complaints with them. Don't know what the previous owner paid for them. .