PDA

View Full Version : Lowering tower with cockpit cover on.

bigbadjon_LSV
04-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Does anybody have any clever ideas for supporting the tower when lowered and still be able to snap the cockpit cover on? I just took delivery of my new LSV last weekend, and I quickly found out that I can't attach the rear half of the cockpit cover snaps due to the tower slightly resting on the cover. I have a few ideas, but I thought I would ask the forum experts first. Thanks in advance.

bambam26
04-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Good question I was wondering the same thing myself. Okay people who has a good answer for this???????

tazz3069
04-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Do you park the boat in the garage? If so, there are two different ways to do this. One way is to make a brace out of wood. Set the post on a base. The base sits on the carpet. Someone in here has pictures. The downfall would be you can not put your cover on the other option is to hang it from the ceiling. I did it this way so I can put the boat cover on. Here are a few shots.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x13/tazz3069/CIMG2462.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x13/tazz3069/CIMG2461.jpg

bambam26
04-10-2008, 11:20 PM
tHATS WHAT i WILL DO IT WILL WORK PERFECT, THANKS..........

bigbadjon_LSV
04-11-2008, 06:09 AM
Tazz - My dealer actually included a nice heavy plastic board that Skier's Choice uses for shipping that functions the same as the wood post you mentioned. I like your idea for garage storage, but my application is a little different. I'm going to be parking my boat on a boat lift with a canopy this summer, and I am a little nervous about using the using the canopy structure to support the weight of the tower and speakers. Thanks for the ideas.

deerfield
04-11-2008, 11:00 AM
bbj - Is there a way to adjust the lift so you can fit your boat with tower in the full up position under the canopy? I just bought a Shorestation w/canopy from a Moomba dealer who tells me I can do this with my Outback. My guess is you already tried this route, but it was worth asking the obvious. - Deerfield

Sled491
04-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Deerfield, I know your boat wouldn't fit under my canopy with the tower up.

bigbadjon_LSV
04-11-2008, 06:18 PM
My canopy height is adjustable, but I was wanting to be able to crank the boat up a little more for added security when I am not at the lake. I'm sure I will come up with something. Thanks for all the input.