PDA

View Full Version : I got JAKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tazz3069
04-09-2008, 06:52 PM
I know that this is a web sight for boat and chat about boats. I feel with all the people that I chat with and respond to the questions I have, we are all friends. I need to vent. I got a cll this morning. It was a guy named Kelly. I have no idea who he is. He told me that his truck was stolen from our rental yard. Well comes to find out, his truck was parked behind my utility trailer. He had told me that he thought my lock had been cut off. So I go there and come to find out, yes, the lock was cut. My 08' Yamaha Raptor 700r, my wifes Suzuki LTZ 400, and my sons KX65 were stolen. The worst part about everything was that my wifes quad was only a week old. My son is devistated. I feel bad for them. I hate it that all of us work our %*#@!! off and some jerk off, who doesn't work thinks he can come in an take it at his leasure. I am so pissed right now. I went to the management and he told me that he was sorry, "I hope you have insurance because we are not liable." That made me even more pissed. Well spent several hours at the Police station filling out the proper paper work. The funny thing about the ordeal is that security cameras were just installed. Mind you, I said installed. They were not hooked up yet. Can you believe that Just my luck. Sorry guys, I had to vent. Well the warm weather is upon us, time to hit the Lake. Now I know someone was talking about security for the boats. My boat is in the garage and my buddy Smith and his cousin Wessin got together with twelve of their brothers and are taking care of the boat. Ain't that nice of them.

csmsk
04-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Man, I'm sorry to hear about that. Makes you wish you could spend 5 minutes with the guys responsible, huh?

I hope everything works out in the end, however it goes down.

My sympathies are with you and your family.

ian ashton
04-09-2008, 07:21 PM
THAT SUCKS! Makes me nervous, as my race car is inside my enclosed at a storage lot (fortunately its backed up to a wall, so they'd have to pull the trailer out to get the car. )

So were they insured?

maxpower220
04-09-2008, 07:24 PM
You really should check the laws about liability in your state. Management in some states do have a responsibility. You may be able to lean on his insurance company for the theft. If you do have insurance, you may be able to lean on the management to cover your deductable.
Sorry to hear about your loss. I see theft in the much the same light that others see murder.

tazz3069
04-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Mine was, since I purchased it from a dealer. My wifes, I bought from a private party, and my sons was paid off right after I purchased it. I talked to my insurance and they are going to look into it. I might have to make my first ever claim with my home owners insurance. My quad, with the extra insurance, will be replaced with a $50.00 deductable. I really do not care about my quad as much as my wifes and sons stuff, I feel bad for them. The gentleman that notified my about thhis truck is getting an attorney. He everything goes as plan, I am going to jump on that ban wagon as well. We pay these a%# ho%$@ lots of money every month to store our hard working items. For them to say, we are no responsible is not right. I do agree, they should be liable and have certain insurance for these types of incidents.

tlatoani
04-09-2008, 07:59 PM
I hate that violated feeling afterwards. Just keep in mind that you still have your family-that is what is important. Material goods can be replaced.

I'd still be crazy pissed though. Sorry man.

tazz3069
04-09-2008, 08:02 PM
To see my sons eyes water up made me feel so bad. That was his very first bike and he loved it. Your right though. My family comes first. Health and Love is important. I just need to go to the bank and get new toys. You can't do that with family.

JesseC
04-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Man I hate to hear about things like this. I agree with you about working our a$$es off to pay for our toys just to have some lazy a$$ piece of crap steel from us! I really hope that they find your stuff and that your son gets over his loss easily.

On the stoarge facility being liable. I remember signing papers that states the land owner will not be held liable if my boat is stolen or damaged! So basically they are offering a dry place for the boat, but not paying to insure them. I feel like they should, but that is what home owners and boat insurance are for I guess.

Good luck on replacements....my wife rides a Honda CR85RB that is absolutely insane, make make a good replacement for the youngster. It is almost as fast as my YZ125!!

maxpower220
04-09-2008, 10:06 PM
There are all types of forms that you can fill out, but that doesn't mean that the owner doesn't have some liability. Signing paperwork like that can keep common people from pursuing owners in court. Laws vary from state to state, so there is no real way of knowing.

Also, you can also be glad that it wasn't stolen from your home. That is a feeling that you (and your family members) never want to have.

zegm
04-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Tazz,

Sorry to hear about that!!! Man that makes me angry too!!!
And we are more alike than I thought. My wife had a 4 wheeler (no place to ride here so she sold it) and my son is wanting to sell his XR50 for a KTM65!

Again I hope they catch the people who did this and I hope you can get some insurance assistance!!!!

jmvotto
04-09-2008, 10:29 PM
That F&%6*@ sucks, people should respect other peoples property period..

I hope they catch the bas&%$#s.... I am sure it won't take long. sounds like an inside job if they new cameras were in place but no service...

I hade someone jack my kenwood cd changer from my honda, tossed in the bushes next to a bank after they realized they needed the matching head unit.... Idiots....

Sorry this happened to you and the family.

zegm
04-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Tazz,
I have to agree with JMV, I think this is an inside job! I mean to steal jewels or something is easy, put it in your pocket and run, to steal a radio not so hard, but how do you carry off 4 wheelers and a motorcycle unless you have a truck, I big truck to fit both a motorcycle and a 4 wheeler!!!! Someone was prepared to do this job!
Man I get pissed when I think about it!

Sled491
04-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Tazz, That just sucks. The world is full of jag offs and loosers! That they have to take from hard working guys like you and others because the are too lazy to work or jealous of hard working American families that put there families first instead of a drug or dirnking habbit.

We had a trialer stolen from a secure storage area last summer. Just pissed me off to no end. I got the owner of the lot to give me a year of free storage, put doesn't change the way I felt about some one taking my property!

spyder
04-09-2008, 11:07 PM
i hate people. that sicks dude, hope the process to replace everything doesn't wear you out..

tazz3069
04-09-2008, 11:20 PM
As a matter of fact, they did have a big truck. The plumbing truck that was parked behind me was the truck they used to taked my toys when they stole the truck. The owner of the truck is the one who called me and told me about the lock missing from my trailer.
The police found his truck. I was completly striped. All the copper and tools were missing. I really feel sorry for him. That his life in that truck. That is how he makes his money. They say my tailer my company logo on it and thoght there was more tools and copper inside. I own my own electrical business. They opened the trailer and behold Toys. The owner of the truck found the gate to his truck on the ground next to his spot. That's what told me they used the truck to take my stuff. I really hope they catch them. I am going to keep my eye on www.craigslist.com. If they were to sell it, it would be in there.

GeauxTigers
04-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Tazz! I feel the same way you do about protecting my stuff with S&W! Look at it this way though: At least it didn't happen with someone breaking into your house and putting your family in harms way. I remember when I was about 8 years old, I woke up to the sound of gun shots in my house. My Dad had caught a burglar in the house and he shot at him as the creep was diving out of the window that they had cut to break in. Apparently, he did graze him with a bullet because they found traces of blood in the yard, however, they never caught the guy. They got away with a cheap stereo and some silverware. Was it worth it? Hell no!

Sled491
04-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Tiger, that is a great story.

One guy that works for me says everyone should have a gun like the old days. Every one was respectful then because they knew you had a gun!!

GeauxTigers
04-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Dontcha know it.... I was sad to hear about Charlton Heston passing away. He was one of the last few great gun rights advocates we had. I love the quote for the NRA that he was associated with: “I’ll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands”

But.... you are right. When more people know that their odds of coming out alive after committing a crime are lower, they think twice before they violate you or your loved ones.

Membrain
04-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Yea, there ain’t nothin’ worse than a F@&*G thief!!!! I had my ’88 KX 250 stolen right off the trailer in Espanola, NM at a motel at night! My buddy’s bike and mine was stolen!!! We had it chained to the trailer. Some scumbag sawed thru the chain! They left their gloves on the trailer, filled up both bikes with our filled gas cans, and left the empty cans on the trailer. You could see the knobby tire marks down the dirt alley where they pushed the bikes to a truck and loaded them. The race promoter told us that he knew where the bikes would be, and that we could go try to get them. He said that we would most likely be shot trying to get them back!

Long-story-short…we didn’t get our bikes back! I didn’t have insurance! I went out and bought another bike to finish the season so I wouldn’t loose my points in the series. I paid on the ’88 250 for another two years until it I got it paid off! I was also paying for the new one concurrently! That really sucked!

Had a ’67 Ford Mustang Stolen too! That hurt! My parents gave that to me for graduation. They bought it in 1968! It was stolen around the same time frame …1988!

I feel for ya buddy! If you find out who dun it…give me a call! I gotcher back!

davidl
04-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Tazz, Having spent twenty years serving and training some of americas finist in the military I can say there are a BUNCH of us out there that still sleep with one eye open and a 9mm singing next to our ears.
We are Greatly sorry for your loss, It is getting to be more tolliraded and to easy anymore!......Find them/Tag them/bag them.
YOU REEP WHAT YOU SEW !
God bless you and your family Tazz...Hang in there

Buttafewcoe
04-10-2008, 04:19 AM
I feel for you T. Us working stiffs can't have nothing and it's one BIG reason I moved from Detroit to the south. We're not immune from that happening here, but I can tell you there are less of those scum bags down here than there is up there.

tazz3069
04-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Dontcha know it.... I was sad to hear about Charlton Heston passing away. He was one of the last few great gun rights advocates we had. I love the quote for the NRA that he was associated with: “I’ll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands”

But.... you are right. When more people know that their odds of coming out alive after committing a crime are lower, they think twice before they violate you or your loved ones.

When I lived in California, I worked at Charlton Heston's house. He was a very nice man. He seemed so powerful to me.

hiqualityH2O
04-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Tazz - that sucks dude. I feel sorry for your boy; that's a tough thing to have to explain to a little one - why some people have zero respect for anyone or anything - friggen scum. I hope it all works out for you.

tazz3069
04-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Thanks H2O--
I just talked to my insurance companies yesturday. Its in there hands right now. Its just a waiting game now. I also contacted the police. The case is still open. Even though I know it is going to be tough finding my toys, I know deep inside, I will never see them again. I believe in Carma. What goes around comes around. I really hope they find them so I can see these A$% Wipes in court. I will prosecute the trash to the max. I do really appreciate everybodies response. Like I said before. Even though alot of us never met, if feels like wo are all good friends.

Pike
04-17-2008, 01:40 AM
Thanks H2O--
I just talked to my insurance companies yesturday. Its in there hands right now. Its just a waiting game now. I also contacted the police. The case is still open. Even though I know it is going to be tough finding my toys, I know deep inside, I will never see them again. I believe in Carma. What goes around comes around. I really hope they find them so I can see these A$% Wipes in court. I will prosecute the trash to the max. I do really appreciate everybodies response. Like I said before. Even though alot of us never met, if feels like wo are all good friends.

Sorry to hear that Tazz......My friends laugh at me when I have 4 different locks on my boat trailer...

Definitely agree with the Carma thing.....they will get theirs, one way or another!!

tazz3069
04-17-2008, 07:41 AM
I really hope so. I just talked to the adjuster on Wednesday. VERY BAD NEWS. My insurance is not covering anything. Even though my trailer was insured, nothin inside was. My agent explained something different to me. I guess I need to shop around for different insurance. I might give All State a call. I have everything on one policy. Well I guess I ned to start all over again. At least sumer is comming and boat session is among us. LOL everybody.

JesseC
04-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Tazz that kind of stuff really pisses me off. I pay for insurance year after year and ask no questions when they hike it up a few bucks, but when I have a problem, they look for every loop hole to avoid paying out! What insurance company were you using? I want to be sure and avoid them. I really hate all of this for you.

tazz3069
04-17-2008, 11:09 PM
I have Farmers Insurance. I told my agent, "You guys are legal thieves. You take out money month after month with no questions. When I need help, you turn a blind eye." He did not like that I said that. I have had them for ten years now. Everything is on it. Cars, House, Work Trucks, Motorhome, Boat, And Trailer. He had told me even if they were parked in my garage, they still would not be covered. I am currently talking to an attorney. One of my clients is an attorney. He is going to make a few phone calls for me. One to the Public Storage and the other to my insurance. I hope everything will work out.

zabooda
04-18-2008, 12:25 AM
I would think the contents would be covered under homeowners as I found with my motor home. I found out two years after having a street legal dirt bike (dual sport) that it wasn't covered while in the garage. If the bike was an off-road bike then it is covered but since I had a license plate on it then I need seperate insurance. I found out before a trip to Moab and Utah requires insurance for motorcycles using the roads. The best insurance is the one where you get the person that will give you the straight up when you give them what you want insured and where insured. The problem with the bike issue is I didn't ask the right questions until two years later and I made assumptions. I've had great success with Safeco with lots of claims in my opinion and very little affect on the premiums. Now if I can get my daughter off my policy......

ian ashton
04-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I had an uninsured vehicle in a garage while the roof was being replaced. The roofer put too much weight on the garage roof (ALL the scrap shingles, and all the new shingles from a 3,000 sq ft house) and it collapsed on 3 of our cars, totalling 2 of them. The one that was uninsured was not covered by the homeowners policy, because they have a clause that eliminates anything motorized from being covered, which I think it BS. Mine turned in to a 3 year long lawsuit :( All insurance companies are crooks.