PDA

View Full Version : 1st day out!

moombabmf
04-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Well today was my first day out on the lake. I took the boat out to run it and make sure it would run fine after sitting most of last year due to having new baby. I spent all day Sat and Sun washing and waxing and adding all the new stuff i bought over the winter. Got it to the lake backed it down started it up the idle was a bit rough but a few trips around the lake fixed that. Dam it was so nice to get out on the lake! Cant wait for this summer i am sure it will be the best yet.

For all you guys with snow still. It sucks to be you. Arizona rock!

Have a great night.

tlatoani
04-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Took mine out for the first time saturday. It was nice warm water even in IL.

Ok...so I cheated. Our lake is heated.

SEARK
04-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Took mine out Sunday for about an hour. I finally figured out how to find the water temp on my PP and water was about 61 degrees. Didn't get in but sure felt good to be out and riding.

AaronWhitt82
04-08-2008, 06:39 PM

Did you go to Clinton Lake? I heard the water temp was between 70-75 near the hot water output and that people were riding between the 2 bridges.
I live about a hour and 15 northeastish of Peoria.
Looking to head down there for the first time prob towards the end of the month. Rivers have been way too high here all Winter and with all this rain we are supposed to get this week it won't be any better.......

kaneboats
04-09-2008, 12:41 AM
My buddy was in town from Channahon, IL right outside Joliet. Last Thurs. we took the Outback out for the first time since the purchase in Jan. Ran like a top. Water was about 70 on the Flint River near Bainbridge in GA. Got a few runs in. We were one of only 3 boats. It was awesome. Way different from the ole Evinrude.

I've been so busy wetsanding and polishing the gelcoat, recovering most of the interior, adding a tower, racks and tower speakers, and finding a way nicer trailer and rebuilding it. I had been anticipating the day for over two months. It was great to share it with my brother and a buddy I hadn't seen in 3 years. So glad to be part of this family. Great days ahead!

moombabmf
04-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Well droped my boat at the audio shop today. They say it will be ready friday cant wait. I have been waiting two years for an other than stock audio syetem. Good things come to those who wait i guess.

Buttafewcoe
04-09-2008, 02:19 AM
All I can say is 'It's just a good feeling!'
B

tazz3069
04-09-2008, 07:45 AM
I am still Jealous of you guy hitting the water. I am still waiting for the rest of my audio equipment. I want to take the boat out for it fist voyage of the year. I has been winterized, all fluid changed, batteries on a trickle charger, etc. Now it's time to hit the water. I need to give Rio, at Bosswake.com, a call. He is custom making my speaker/light bar combo. I have been waiting about a month now. I am going crazy here. Water, Water, Water, Water.

GeauxTigers
04-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Picked mine up yesterday from the dealer. Had it "summerized." Is that a technical term??? :lol:

I may take her for a spin this weekend at Utah lake. I need to learn how to drive an inboard. I never have driven one and I am nervous getting about getting on the trailer as well as approaching the dock. I envision this as being like a jet ski... you have to give it power to get it to turn. The last thing I want to do is scratch my baby all up!!!

tazz3069
04-09-2008, 10:03 AM
It took me a few times to get use to it. I have alwys driven an outboard or an I/O engine. Much easier. Practice makes perfect. When I put the boat on the trailer, I glide it in. I do not like using the engine to get up on the trailer. Maybe because I am not use to it yet. I already dinged a prop. $500.00 mistake. I rather pull it in with the wench. Yes docking it was a little scary. And what freaked me out the most. REVERSE. Not like the outboard engine. I still love my boat and one of these days, I will perfect the launch, docking, and loading.

kaneboats
04-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Yup, definitely different to drive than the ole 'rudy. Backing up into the slightest breeze I couldn't get it to turn. I grew up with jet boats so I still don't think it's as hard to drive as one of those but you can sure get spoiled with the control of a 17 footer with an outboard. I did a glide on as well just b/c I've heard stories of guys buying props after nicking the prop guard, etc.

It was a great day to get some practice in for me and my brother. Nothing like having the whole river to yourself.

Sled491
04-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Wife called me yesterday, from the landing at our lake. NO ICE!!!

I'll be home early next week....look out lake!

Me, my dry suit, my better half, the monsters, tank of gas, and nooo one else. Can hardly wait

spyder
04-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Wife called me yesterday, from the landing at our lake. NO ICE!!!

I'll be home early next week....look out lake!

Me, my dry suit, my better half, the monsters, tank of gas, and nooo one else. Can hardly wait

sounds like a solid day.

Buttafewcoe
04-10-2008, 04:34 AM
the monsters......that funny.
It'll be near 80 today. Needless to say, I'll be 'afloat'
B

GeauxTigers
04-10-2008, 10:08 AM
It's supposed to be 73 this weekend. I HAVE to take 'er out and check all systems are go before my Lake Havasu trip! :wink:

I would hate to get down there and find out that something is amiss.

Err.... tough job but someone's gotta do it!
:P

wakevet
04-10-2008, 09:27 PM

Heated?? the water in my hottub is heated, as is the water in the dishwasher and the washing machine!! our lakes are only slightly warmed by the sun! and if the ice ever melts i'll be able to get my new 08 outback V on the water!