PDA

View Full Version : May 2008 Waterski Magazine, Page 55

Laz
04-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi.

Opened my new May edition Waterski Mag and saw a great picture of Terry Winter skiing behind his Outback.

Very nice to see. I'm glad that Moomba doesn't spend all of their (actually our) money on promotions and sponsorships. I'm quite happy to spend it on gas and skis. However, I do like seeing a high profile skier using the same boat as me.

If you look very closely you will see that there are subtle differences in our technique. For example, Terry Winter can ski deep into 41' off and I once skied deep into the dock.

Laz

RYAN
04-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Yes it`s good to see moomba providing a little free boat time to a pro skier, hopefully they wont go up on prices due to inflation....

Sled491
04-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Laz, that's funny :lol:

maxpower220
02-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Well, if you get a chance, you should check out the boats for 09. The Outback got another good review "for the money". This year they have a couple of pics of the wakes from the boat and from behind the boat.
I have to say that I have always like Ski Nautique and the family business with their background. However, I have skied behind a couple of their boats (196 and SNOB) and I was less than impressed. I know a lot of people swear by the wake, but the pics in the Waterski Mag test really make them look like a mess.

I like my Outback, but I really wish there were some more R&D to make a "better" wake, rather than the same hull for the past ???? 14 yrs?

zegm
02-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Maxpower,

Not sure technology could do much unless it was for weight savings. That old 1975 MasterCraft, well to put it mild was nothing but a hull, a couple of simple seats and an engine. The only storage was the plastic glove box but to make my point there was NO wake, so no weight no wake. Even with almost 100 more horsepower in the LS, that old boat would tear up the LS in a drag race. Just like an airplane, weight is your enemy, I could easily push that boat and trailer around the driveway by myself when I needed to move it. Anyone know what the F-22 weights, nope but I bet its light and that is the technology "type" we would need to make a Great Wake which in the skiers world is NO WAKE? (Don't want to confuse the airborne crowd here, the Wakeboarders and the soon to be banned surfing crowd in which a great wake is a Big Wake!)

zabooda
02-09-2009, 02:20 AM
Let MC and Malibu do the R&D then check the reviews for the next two years and then reverse engineer the SC boat with a few changes based on that. It keeps costs down and keeps MC and Malibu prices high. I think there have been some changes in the hull as my 98 Outback hull looks flatter at the mid-section then what the 09s look like.

Sled491
02-09-2009, 11:47 PM
I have mixed feelings here. I love my Outback, I mean I really love it, as does my whole family.

But with all good things change must come. I understand the thought about excessive costs driving the pricetag up, but with fewer and fewer true ski boats available and the introdction of these so called "V Drive cross over boats" if some fresh thinking doesn't prevail, sales of these boats will fall off to the point where it won't be worth to keep up production.

kaneboats
02-10-2009, 11:14 AM
I think there will always be at least one like an Outback. It's just cheaper to build and easier to get into for middle class buyers-- and you can't argue with the performance.

zegm
02-10-2009, 12:37 PM
KB,

Yeah the Outback is the little fighter of the group! Fast!!!! I know I been in yours!!!

Sled491
02-10-2009, 12:56 PM
KB, I really hope so. It is the boat for my family for now.