PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a new LSV...questions on options and slalom wake

Graeme
04-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Hi everyone, just registered.

I was looking first at an Outback V, but I wanted the deeper more comfortable seating and features in the LSV. I am just a recreational skier, and total beginner boarder.

I want to know if the LSV will be decent for slalom skiing. I am used to outboards and stern drives. With the wakeplate down will the wake be good enough for slalom? I do not want to sacrifice a comfortable boat to get a perfect wake, but still want a decent slalom wake to enjoy. From what I have read the boarding/surfing will be fine...the other boats I am considering are the Supra 20v and the Tige z1, any ideas how it would compare?

Last, what is the seat accent cushion rail option? Is the set of 4 6" kicker speakers good enough to hear behind the boat? Is it worth the money?

I am worried that saving a few bucks on the Moomba, I might be getting a boat with a cheaper feel that the Supra or Tige. Opinions? Am I out to lunch?

tazz3069
04-06-2008, 09:11 AM
I have the LSV. I love the boat. I am a recreational skiier. With the wakeplate all the way down and people towards the bow, the wake is almost gone. My son is the wakeoarder. Fill the sacks and let it rip. Everybody that has either skiied or wakeboarded behind it really enjoys it. As for the Kicker system, it is a great system. If the boat does not come with an amp, I would think about getting one and possibly a set of tower speakers. I found this websight, if you have a budget. www.audioformz.com They have great tower speakers there. As for the amp, go with the Clarion Marine Amp. You can find these on ebay. There are lots of members in here that can point you in the right direction with your choices. I was in your same shoes last year when I purchased my boat. Good luck with your choice, and welcome to the Moomba family. If you have any questions, just post and you will bet numerous responses.

Graeme
04-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Right on, thanks for the reply. Good to know that someone has skied behind it and it's ok. I am leaning towards this boat more and more.

Quality, and fit and finish wise, is everyone happy with their moomba?

Should I get the full kicker system with tower speakers that available from the factory or just get my own aftermarket?

tazz3069
04-06-2008, 11:33 AM
It all depends on the cost and what you want. If you want a turn key operation, then go with the factory setup. It comes with everything. If you want to do the project yourself and save a few bucks, then do it yourself. It all depends on what you want to do. My project took me most of winter to do. It is almost finishd and it sounds awesome. Kicker makes a great product. I upgraded from Kicker to Polk Audio. It all depends on your budget and time.

JoeTechie
04-06-2008, 11:38 AM
I have an Outback LSV (no tower), and only ski - no wakeboarding. I love my LSV!. No, it's not a base outback with a tourny level wake (zero) - but it is very nice with the plate down 80-90% (100% down just makes little sprays off the corners and does not improve the hull position)

For a huge boat (almost 22' long) to have a wake this nice is amazing. Go find a 22' I/O and try to get a wake this nice. You can't find a 22' OB - bow rider, they do not make them.

Fit and finish on the '08's are sweet. I have an '06 and each year they tweak and add - in the past 2 years, they added stainless grab rail, cup holders, higher quality carpet, stainless stitching thread for the vinyl, thicker padding for the seats, bigger drivers seat (though I'm small and swim in that huge thing), a new windscreen, LED trailer lights, etc, etc, etc. Skiers Choice uses all the name brands that any of the other manufactures use. It is just a slightly less blinged out boat.

I'm willing to suffer with a very pretty boat vs a WOW boat for $10k. ;) I'm not here to impress anyone.

Hope this helps,

-Joe

deerfield
04-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I might be getting a boat with a cheaper feel

Graeme - My 2007 Moomba is solid, well designed, and sufficiently equipped to meet all of my ski, wakeboard, tubing, and (hopefully) wake surfing needs. A big thing for me is reliability. The 325 HP EFI Indmar in my boat starts first time every time and runs prettu much flawless. Indmar is the engine of choice for Moomba, Supra, Malibu, and MasterCraft. - Deerfield