PDA

View Full Version : Carpet cleaning

MOOMBA_97
04-05-2008, 12:29 PM
I'll ask you guy's opinion on this. Today, while changing out the impellar, I noticed how dirty the carpet has gotten. I've been in and out of the boat working on some stereo upgrades this winter and tracked it up. I was thinking about steam cleaning it but I was a little concerned about the heat and the glue holding down the carpet. Opinion and/or what do you do for an overall cleaning?

Monty

canuckskier
04-05-2008, 01:34 PM
I Steam clean my carpet when needed. (twice, I can remember) and have had no issues with the glue etc...

In my opinion it is fine. Also, a suggestion. Go to a carpet shop and ask for some end pieces they can give you, I got lots for free, and I lay those down when I am working on the inside. (winterizing, oil changes etc...) It's free, and protects your carpet so you don't have to steam clean so often.

Cheers

maxpower220
04-05-2008, 01:51 PM
You can find some good carpet shampoos at various stores (Walmart, Target, etc). Soak the carpet well with it and then use a high pressure washer (do it yourself car wash). After that, vacuum out with a wet dry vac and then let dry.

JoeTechie
04-06-2008, 11:39 AM
I simply use "Resolve" and it works VERY well.

Just wash it with clean water after to remove any residue.

-Joe