PDA

View Full Version : Launch Pad #440 & Ballast Questions

AaronWhitt82
04-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Hey guys I've been checking Ebay now and then for a launch pad #440 sac. Found one for $85 + $13 for shipping and I'm considering purchasing it.
Question: It measures 15"X 15"X 50" and for those of you with direct drives; will this fit in the rear in replacement of the back seat? I'm assuming it will, but just want to double check. I was just concerned that it might be to long and won't fit.
I was originally thinking of getting the #725 sac, but I think it is a bit too much.
I don't want to go totally crazy with ballast and just want enough to make a decent wake for wakeboarding.
I also usually have between 4-7 people on the boat so I don't want to take up all the floor space with sac's, but my friends will help with the added weight.

Also, for those of you with direct drives that have a good ballast setup I'm open to suggestions

bobwells
04-03-2008, 08:52 PM
You'll have plenty of room for the sac... just takes away big time from seating and floor space. I have a '98 mobius DD. with the back seat out I use to run a #680 launch pad sac and saddle a couple 250's on the sides. eats up all floor space in back of boat but they will fit. The launch pad sac sprung a leak and I found a pair of 400 fly-hi pros. (are much tougher and better made than the launch pads, plus the cover for the launches are a hassle) I would strongly suggest searching net for fly-hi series. I have "plenty" of room with seat out to do two 400's at angles in the back. If you usually have 5-7 peeps you may just order a couple of 250's to run on the side of motor cowl and leave seat in! check with Great Lakes Skipper he carries the 250's at a decent price. all of this sac shuffling has my wanter looking at V-drives :wink: hope this helps, bob

http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jitlakemisc036hh2.jpg

this is ridiculous for me (old & fat) to move around in...

Sled491
04-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Your boat is almost 8 ft wide so 50 inches should be no problem. Are you going to plump it or use portable pumps?

AaronWhitt82
04-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate all the help!

SO I'm thinking now of just going with a fly high sac that's around the 600lbs range like bob mentioned.
Then I was thinking of maybe putting one on the floor in the bow area and that will probably be good enough.

I don't like the idea of having the sacs on the sides of the motor cover because I usually have coolers in that area behind the drivers seat and all kinds of other huge beach bags and other crap that all the females like to bring with them and sometimes their is kids aboard so I'd like to keep that area open if I can.

I'm not going to plumb anything at all.
I already have an attwood pump that came with the boat, but it is only 700gph.
I think I'm going to get the new Launch Pad Uber pump and the price is reasonable.

Thanks again,
Aaron

bobwells
04-06-2008, 05:46 PM
take a look
at this, its a good sac,

http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog.asp?P=21609