PDA

View Full Version : Radar ski boots

bambam26
03-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Anybody try the new Radar boots? I am going to get some I think, they were so easy to put on and so comfy I was shocked......

Sled491
03-31-2008, 09:18 PM
I liked the ski in the store but they didn't have any boots to show. How much ching?

bambam26
03-31-2008, 11:25 PM
I ordered the Rail boot, by far the most comfy boot I have ever worn on a ski! I am not sure of the price as I got a deal on a package ski and boot combo from the guys I bought the boat from. Cant wait to try out both my new ski and the boots!

bambam26
04-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Wow has no body tried these yet?!?! I am very surprised that people haven't got an opinion on these...........

zabooda
04-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Bam Bam have you been to Wiley's? Good place to look around for gear. I saw they are the retailer for Radars. If you haven't been there it is in the Seattle port area. Ugly blue building and you almost have to have a GPS to fund it.

bambam26
04-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Booda, I have been to wiley's and yes it is a pain in the butt to find.LOL. I already have the boots on order through AWS in Portland, I was just trying to find opinions on what people think of them. They are definatley a huge change from your traditional ski binding. If you haven't already seen them check the web site out.
http://www.radarskis.com/

zabooda
04-01-2008, 10:47 PM
I think the Radars are pretty cool. It's been many years since I went ski and boot buying and they have really changed. I see others out there that look good also. Also, Wiley's to me seems a little on the expensive side but I get my bindings redone there and they have knowledgable salesman. My bindings are pretty much gone and it is time to look for another ski.

Sled491
04-01-2008, 11:17 PM
I tell ya, I liked the ski when I saw it in the Pro shop I visit in Orlando. The more I read the more I'm hooked. Turns out there is a dealer not far from me. I'm gonna go in and see about a demo. Problem is the 16 inches of ice still on my lake :shock:

zegm
04-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Sled,

Have you got a Heat Gun???

I am now getting more and more interested in the Radar skis but I can't find information from them as their website is not functioning now!

What would be the price of an intermediate ski with bindings?

And for you salt water fishermen, the Spanish are now coming in so that means the warm water is on its way and it will bring all the other fish too! Down here catching the first Spanish Mackerel is like the first day of Spring!

bambam26
04-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Sled, I don't have a wet suit so even though there is no ice I have to wait a bit. But I will be ready and I think I will have the boat in the water this week for some more breakin time. Maybe this time next month I will be testing my new ski and boots!!!!!!

Matt Glenn
04-02-2008, 06:58 AM
I just got my new Radar Annex sitting in the basement. I'm very pumped to try it. However I think it will be staying down there for a while, since there is still about 6 " of ice on the lake. Very sad :( :( . I'm not planning on getting the radar boots yet beacuse of the $$$$. I will use my HO untill I can get some more cash. Anywaze I will get to the point, a good place to ask questions and look up info on the Radar stuff is the forum and website www.proskicoach.com. This a web forum that is hosted by some of the Pro's like Chris R. that ski/ sponsured by Radar. Hope this helps

Sled491
04-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Z,

Yes I have a heat gun, but I think I'll have to wait for the big one in the sky to do its job. I was able to get onto the Radar website no problems last night through Bam's link. Maybe your wife is having you blocked :lol:

Seems like everyone except you Florida guys are waiting for the water to soften up, man this sucks :cry:

On the plus side though, the river is wide open. I just need to bring my boat home, summerize it, and convince the wife to go for a ride. Hmmm, not looking good 8)

zegm
04-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Yeah I am often surprised that there are not more Georgia folks on this post. Atlanta Marine has sold more Moombas than any other dealer but we only see a couple guys on here. I cannot image seeing a lake frozen over, I think we need to take a winter vacation sometime to see what the rest of the world looks like. Yeah it is getting warm here now, I don't even put my jacket on in the morings anymore. This past saturday we actually had a pool birthday party for my son, I did heat the pool to get it up from 70 to 87. I guess another thing we have here is that heat pumps work really well down here, I couldn't afford to heat the pool with gas or resistance heating, we hardly notice the difference in the electric bill with the heat pump. This saturday we will go out and let my son try out his new ski. I still haven't had time to put the bindings from my EP on the Sixam yet. I am amazed the Herb Obrien has created 3 different ski companies!!!! Years (and I mean years ago) tried some Obriens and compared to the EP's I had it seemed like they would "wash out" on me in a hard turn, whereas the EP seemed like it was on rails. I hope the new ones are different. And to be honest I haven't tried an Obrien in over 15 years. I also felt the same way about Connellys too.

Sled491
04-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Z,

set up, set up, set up. New skiis are so tunable you'd be surprised. Also you need to pay attention to how the ski was designed to perform ie/ neutral stance, forward stance. Fins all have cheaters now, but they are also slotted to move back and forth in the tail, which again changes everything. Boots can be moved back and forth as well.

Being an engineer you should enjoy the chalange of finding the "Just Right Setup" 8)

Sled491
04-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Bam,

what Radar did you get? And what was the thought process that led you to that model. I've decided (and I think Z did also) to go the Radar route but I'm wondering which way to go MPD, or Senate? There seems to be little feedback out there, although like I said before I really like what I've read so far. The tests by Waterski magazine is hard to read because they call the ski an "Anomoly" (not sure if I spelled that right but you get the point :oops: )

zegm
04-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah Bam tell us what you got! Uncle sam will be sending me some money soon and I better declare it for a Fathers day present or it will be gone. Ok I don't need it all but I really want a new ski, haven't had one in 10 years! And to be honest the old one if fine I just grew a little since then! :roll: Seem to have to work really hard to get out of the water.

bambam26
04-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Okay guys, I am 6'6" 250 so by no means am I small! I am a free skier no courses just fun times behind the boat. I did not go with a Radar Ski, I went with an HO Comp Free ride Magnum-71 incher! I liked the ski alot and read good things about the ski being a great free rideing ski. And as big as I am I wanted to be able to easily get up and ride around, espeacially since I have had my lower back fused together. I went with the Radar Rail for my boot selection because of the pure ease of entry and comfort I experienced when I tried them on. I will have the plate and boots mounted to my new HO ski. So there you go, I am not nearly the skier you guy's are! But I think I made a good choice and I am sure I will be very happy with the Radar boots over the traditional ski binding's. Radar Lake is in the Seattle area, that is where they do all the testing for there products. I believe that Ronix wake boards test and design there also.

Sled491
04-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Cheater! :lol: