PDA

View Full Version : Endurance Barefooting

bamaspiveys
03-30-2008, 03:08 PM
I think I am the only footer that lives on the board, but I wanted to toss this out.

There is a group out of TX that runs an Endurance Barefooting Tour, they have stops in 4 or 5 cities around the southeast. They have Pro-teams in one race and and they let local teams run in another race.

I am trying to put together a novice team in Middle Tenneessee for the Nashville race. Need 4 barefooters. The race is about 25 miles long from the Dam to Titans Staduim downtown. Here is the website with details, if anyone is interested let me know.

http://www.barefootendurance.com/

jmvotto
03-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Thats awesome..... I would love to if i could go that far. I can only do about 1/4 to 1/2 mile (big lake lots of traffic) and I start on a sitting on the kneeboard ( behind the i/o) Now with a the new MOOMBA i hope to sharpen BFoot skills a little more, maybe try deep water starts. :shock:

bamaspiveys
03-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Get a boom, Your ability will increase by leaps and bounds!

We only ski about 3 to 5 minutes each, everytime someone falls or gets tired you have to go back, get them and drop another footer.

The races this year are in
Beaver Dam, WI
St. Louis
Grand Rapids, MI
Nashville, TN
Austin, TX

other sites are being considered, but that is the list so far

I have been footing for 26 years, even competed for two years, if you have questions.
I also recommend barefootcentral.com, Chuck and Michelle Gleason, own it and do a great job for footers!

jmvotto
03-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Do they make booms for v drives?

JV

bamaspiveys
03-30-2008, 08:43 PM
yes they do

anything for barefooting can be found at BareFootCentral.com

Overtons and Barts sell them too.

I have nothing to do with BFC, but if you have questions the owner of the company, is a footer and will answer your question based on his use, not a brochure the mfg, sent to the call center agent.

Sled491
03-31-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey I see a race at Beaver Dam. I used to go fishing on that lake, very long and narrow. I think it's like 7 miles long. ALways been kind of rough when we went out though as it runs East West. Your race sounds fun, but a bit beyond my abilities 8)