PDA

View Full Version : Canada West Jamboree ??

Saplume
03-30-2008, 01:26 AM
We are expecting our 1st Moomba any day now. We ordered an 08 LSV from Mobius Marine, Calgary, in November and expect delivery soon. It snowed 10" last night so I guess i'm in no great hurry. I've been reading the posts ever since we ordered the boat and I've been impressed at what a close knit group you(we) are. I wonder if there are enough people interested getting together some weekend / somewhere? Let me know what you think. We boat on Lake Koocanusa, but are relatively close to a number of others. :roll:

03-30-2008, 12:45 PM
I ordered my first Moomba this year (08 VLX ) from Mobius Marine too back in January and can't wait! They were good to deal with. I still haven't heard from my sales rep about color choices but it's got to be getting to the point where they will need the info soon.

If you ever make your way out to Sylvan (Where I live) you'll have to post before you come out this way. Sylvan might make a good spot for a get together since it's right between Edmonton and Calgary.

This snow is just depressing.

aerophoto
03-31-2008, 12:09 AM
I also expect to be hearing soon about my new boat Cant wait colors already chosen You should have chosen the color when you ordered? Mine will be delivered in early June... Fingers crossed I will be going in soon to see what I need so the breaks work when I hit them in the truck I hope to break her in in one day or so Yikes it will be a long 10 hours then we plan to ski sylvan pine koocanusa and any time I can get out until the dreaded snow returns so getting together with other owners will be a BLAST I know az couple other owners on Sylvan so lets get it on as soon as the water is real warm and I have my boat. what a great way to avoid the C. Stampede.

Digger
03-31-2008, 06:31 PM
I would be interested in seeing something put together... but Sylvan???? It is always way to busy! Besides I have too many old girlfriends there so the misses might not like it :lol: Then again, it has all the hotels ect., it would be condusive to that sort of thing. I would not be opposed to Koocanusa either as we have spent some time there and quite like it. Let me know when and where. Thanks.

03-31-2008, 09:27 PM
When I ordered, Kevin said he didn't need my color choice till later. I emailed him tonight to check in.

It's tru that Sylvan can be a Zoo on the weekend, but can be nice during the week, and mornings/evenings on the weekend It's right in the middle of the province which is nice and has lots of camping/hotels which is good. If your single, well then I don't have to say much more. Plus there is a great beach for families and kids while the Boat owners are boating!

It would be a lot of fun to have a whole wack of Moomba owners ripping the lake up! I live here so I could at least help with info and recomendations on places to eat/stay.

Digger
03-31-2008, 11:28 PM
If it is Sylvan then thats cool. I moved a year ago to Calgary for a job change but use to live in the area. You are quite right though, there are a lot of services and ample places for the kids and families to play. Again, let me know what you figure out. I will check back later. Cheers.

canuckskier
04-01-2008, 12:49 PM
I am up in Edmonton, and would be very interested if you can get something together.

It would be nice to meet you fellow Alberta boaters!

Pike
04-02-2008, 02:50 AM
I have spent a summer in BC, specifically Kelowna, BC All I can say is I am jealous of Canada lakes.

I have friends in Kelowna and would love to drive my Moomba up for few weeks. Its only 1300 miles!! :shock:

Oh well, I guess I'll just stick to southern California green and brown water lakes! :evil:

Mikey
04-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I don;t know if its a regular thing every year but Trevor at Mobious set up a Moomba Supra fun day at Sylvan last summer. You might want to ask him if he or anyone is planning on another and this may help make your plans easier. :lol:

04-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Especially for me, since I live there!

aerophoto
04-12-2008, 12:23 PM
How are the lakes looking?

I am getting itchy feet waiting for the thaw. LOL

Cant wait too meet some of you

Bill

Digger
04-15-2008, 01:00 PM
I was out at Sylvan this past weekend and I would have to say it will be a few more weeks yet. I know what you mean though, hang in there!

aerophoto
04-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Thats what I wanted to know YIKES oh well new boat mid May

Digger
04-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Sounds like it will be just in time. Who knows, we could have a few more snow storms like last week yet. :shock:

Digger
04-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Well looks like I tempted fate.... the gods decided to punish us all again last night! I just had to go and say something!!! I heard on the news this morning that weather for next couple days is going to COLD. The snow last night was not what we wanted either.

aerophoto
04-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Well looks like I tempted fate.... the gods decided to punish us all again last night! I just had to go and say something!!! I heard on the news this morning that weather for next couple days is going to COLD. The snow last night was not what we wanted either.

It is because of April in Alberta that I ski into late October.

Digger
04-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Yes you can ski year round here! Just about anyhow, when you are getting off the lake there is not much time to get the other ones waxed up. We are still in the water in late September but that is about as far we go. Catch up with you later.

Buttafewcoe
04-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Yes you can ski year round here! .
just some of the skis are 'snow skis'
:P
B

wakevet
04-21-2008, 10:09 PM

Has anyone figured out that he lives there?!! :wink:

My new boat is IN!! But I just finished shovelling 3 more inches of snow yesterday. Mobius Marine has been great to deal with for me as well. They said I could pick up my boat and drool over it but I'd have to bring it back to get prepped before using it. My g/f is getting tired of me making boat noises in the hottub so I better be able to hit the lakes soon!! I'm up for meeting somewhere, not so sure about the Sylvan Slew though! There are much nicer lakes around, Koocanusa, Little Bow, even out to Invermere BC. Hell we could have a BC/AB moomba meet in Salmon Arm, now that's nice country!

Northofthe49th
04-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Any where in the Shuswap area is good.
We have a place on one of the B lakes
Not many Moombas around in BC

8)

aerophoto
04-22-2008, 12:25 AM

Has anyone figured out that he lives there?!! :wink:

My new boat is IN!! But I just finished shovelling 3 more inches of snow yesterday. Mobius Marine has been great to deal with for me as well. They said I could pick up my boat and drool over it but I'd have to bring it back to get prepped before using it. My g/f is getting tired of me making boat noises in the hottub so I better be able to hit the lakes soon!! I'm up for meeting somewhere, not so sure about the Sylvan Slew though! There are much nicer lakes around, Koocanusa, Little Bow, even out to Invermere BC. Hell we could have a BC/AB moomba meet in Salmon Arm, now that's nice country!

When did you order it?
I was told mine will be early but I am paying cash from the sale of my house so I will have to wait :(

And who ordered the snow $^&%$*&*

aerophoto
05-04-2008, 12:19 PM
OK OK OK When will the ice be gone I am usually skiing by now. Global Warming Yea right.

aerophoto
06-18-2008, 01:41 AM
So I am supposed to get my boat 4:00 PM Friday. Will we all be getting together somewhere this Summer? I will be in BC last half of Stampede Week Rather spend my cash on the boat. A mid summer trip to Koocanusa is also planned. Should be a great summer

aerophoto
08-18-2008, 12:23 AM
Will we have a chance before the season is done?

aerophoto
08-22-2008, 06:44 PM
ANYONE HERE ?

Or are all of you busy on the lakes?

When do we get our Jam?

Gord?

Anyone?