PDA

View Full Version : Texas Boat Jamboree dates

lanceswake
03-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Ok Skier's Choice owners, and future owners, after conversation with Skier's Choice and Waterski Boats Dallas we are trying to narrow this down to June 7th & 8th. Please give us your feedback.

zabooda
03-26-2008, 12:35 AM
I would limit this vote for those who plan to go to the Texas Jamboree otherwise the voting may be skewed by non-attendees.

lanceswake
03-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Valid point Zabooda. Please only those who plan attending need vote.

thanks!

Lance

jdsharpe57
03-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Ed that would be great!!! They have pretty much left it up to us to come up with Events..... kinda (I believe Natalie has a few things in the works :)) but overall I don't think it'll be an issue at all. We will have food, Definately T-shirts and I'm sure we can come up with a ride from WSBD. Let me know if you can for sure do this and I'll give WSBD a call to confirm, but wakesurfing is something I would be interested in learning and I'm sure others as well. Let me know.

jdsharpe57
03-27-2008, 05:22 PM
And it's about frickin' time you got a pic up lance, where's the rest of the pics you promised? Your really slackin' here I don't know if anyone told you or not yet but summer is like 2 weeks away for us down here and since we're going to be on the water, your probably not going to have much time to send pics when your not working. just messin' with you, but I'am serious about the pics :P

jdsharpe57
03-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Ed I'll know a final answer first thing tomorrow, I mentioned June 7th and 8th to her and she is going to check the books to make sure it's posible. She said she's pretty sure that date is available, and if thats the case then we're all set to start planning events. The location is Lewisville Lake. Let me know Ed and I'll Pm you my phone # so he can get in contact with either myself or Lance.

Hammer
03-27-2008, 08:21 PM
That weekend works for me 8)

HAMRIT !

lanceswake
03-27-2008, 11:12 PM
Ed G

Yeah Ed thanx for the help man. We need all we can to make this event big....possibly make it annual. JD is right...I'm sure WSBD would take the opportunity to do the pull with their boat.

lanceswake
03-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Yeah I know where you are man. Lake Lewisville is probably about a 25 min. drive north of dowtown Dallas with no traffic, could be as long 1 1/2 hours during rush hour traffic....that's Dallas for ya.

RYAN
04-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Let use know when the final date is. i have at least 2 moomba`s that can go. just to be sure lake lewisville? do you have a few motels around there (you can recemmend we stay at).

lanceswake
04-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Ryan

It is a set deal man! June 7th & 8th on Lake Lewisville are hard dates.

jdsharpe57
04-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Ryan,

I'll get back on tommorow with some names and locations of surrounding hotels. Thats good news that you can bring 2 moombas we are super excited to have one of these things going down so close by.

jdsharpe57
04-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Lance,

Did you ever get some pics on here? Mel wants to see them!!

Membrain
04-01-2008, 10:32 PM
:wink:

jdsharpe57
04-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Here is the google link for hotel search in lewisville. I would recommend calling each for best rate of that weekend, but the hotel with the letter E is pretty far out of the way, and hell if they are all too much then I'm sure I can find some room here around the house to let you kick it for the night or whatever.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GWYE_enUS260US262&q=Lewisville+Texas+hotels

jdsharpe57
05-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Ok here it is officially for all the people interested!!!!!!! Everything you shoud need to know to make it to the Texas Boat Jamboree!! Sorry took so long but this is definately a time consuming thing to put together :) but Very well worth it!

On the weekend of June 7th and 8th there will be a Owners Reunion on Lake Lewisville (Lake Park/Cottonwood Creek Marina)

Most convenient launch location will be at lake park in Lewisville.

Directions : http://www.cityoflewisville.com/wcmsite/publishing.nsf/Content/Lake+Park

Most convenient Hotel is the
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
DALLAS LEWISVILLE

780 EAST VISTA RIDGE MALL DR.
LEWISVILLE, TX 75067 UNITED STATES

Front desk phone # 1-972-459-8000

Campground
119 sites, 100 water & elec.
(20, 30, & 50 amp receptacles),
19 no hook-ups, 6 pull-throughs, tenting, dump station, laundry room, public phone,
patios, fire rings, grills, traffic control gate.
For Campground Reservations,
call 972-219-3742

Activities will include:

A float party

Best Stereo Contest

Sharpest Rig Contest

Catered Lunches Both days

Raffles and Givaways

Participating Vendors in this event will include:

Ronix, Hyperlite, Monster Tower, Fox, Jet Pilot, Osiris Shoes, Hoven Sunglasses, and many more to come!

If you intend on joining the rest of us during this fun filled weekend please RSVP too : E-mail [email protected] e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it to RSVP!

Feel free to post questions and I'll check back frequently to answer them! This is the first event of it's kind for the Texas area so we need this to be a "Great Success" in order to ensure that this event could become annual!