PDA

View Full Version : Anchor buddy

chillyx
03-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Anchor buddy? Worth it or not? Thanks

zabooda
03-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Been using one for 10 years and I made it myself and dirt cheap. Keeps the boat off the shore, you can pull the boat back in to get on and it takes the shock off the cleat. Downside, a lot of wave action will stretch the bungee and move the boat closer to shore but the anchor rope used as a secondary constraint will stop the movement if the bungee stretches too far. Also, the movement of the boat during wave action requires more spacing between boats. At least you don't have the boat slamming the water and having to go out and reanchor. It's an anchor with a brain..it moves around during wave action but it always goes back when the waves subside.

tazz3069
03-25-2008, 11:12 PM
I love my anchor buddy. it works great for me. I, under any circumstances, do not want to beach my boat. Several reason, Scratch gel coat, bend tracking fins, easy for people with muddy feet to access the boat. I attached a volleyball at one end and let it float. Volleyball cheaper than a bouy

bamaspiveys
03-26-2008, 07:13 AM
Love mine too!

aintskeered
03-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Yep Anchor buddy here also, and a long bow line. I have a bouy on the buddy and I pitch it after attaching to back about 100' from shore and motor in close. Another jumps out and holds boat with bow line and I let her drift back out 15 -25' depending on how tall the waves are that day. When I am ready to ride just un clip the bow line throw it on shore and let the buddy pull you out. un hook the buddy and let it float till your done. the 100' is just to set the anchor (sandy or mud not in the rocks) If the dock is clear I bow line to the dock and back it of a little ways from there! I wouldnt go without one now.

llxlv
03-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Way worth it.

hiqualityH2O
03-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Definitely worth it.

byronkoz
03-29-2008, 04:09 AM
A must.