PDA

View Full Version : is it worth swapping out to 750 fly highs?

adsman
03-25-2008, 08:38 PM
I have an 07 lsv with the gravity III ballast. It has 1 400lb sac i each rear locker along with the center locker. I just got the wakesurf bug and am looking to improve the wake.

a few questions:

Is it worth switching out the 400's for 2 fly high 750's? (we have people surfing both sides)

I usually can count on 3 additional people (minus the driver) in movable human ballast. If i get the 750s what else would i have to add?

Should I save the factory 400's and use them in another place?

suggestions? advice?

Hughes144
03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
I dont know about 750s but my 550s did the work just fine. You would definitely want to keep your factory 400s and load it up in front or side in middle of the boat. (left or right side, depending on your surfer's preference of side). You will need some weight out in front to balance out your huge wake and not only that, help your boat stay planed out instead of all in back and making it harder on your engine.

04OUTBACK
03-25-2008, 11:05 PM
I have the 750s in my 06 LSV.. They are great for surfing. I don't fill them up all the way for wakeboarding though. I was told by the previous owner that if you run the 750s full for wakeboarding that you need a little extra up front to balance..
I like mine!

jim Leni
03-26-2008, 01:57 PM
It is well worth getting the 750 bags.I fill one side completely full,and fill the front sack all the way.Then usualy have acouplr of people sit on the full 750 side,with wake-plate all the way up and wake is great.When wakeboarding with both 750 bags full and front bag full,the boat will porpuse up and down at about 23 mph.I lay an additional 400 lbs in bow and wake is great. If you have all bags full and about 10 people in boat, it takes a-while to get on plane, but the wake is sick.My boat is 06 LSV wih 325horses, Know i know why they sell new Moombas with the 400 horse option.

Miller_Time
03-26-2008, 10:50 PM
If you dont fill the 750s full how hard is it to get a good balance with the wake and a good shape? It seems like the 400s are easy just fill til full. But with the 750s you have to make sure they even and you dont know how much you've got in them.

JesseC
03-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Personally I would put in the biggest bag that would fit and function safely. You can alway drain a little from either side to get a good wake shape.

I will also leave you with some words of wisdom from my dad:

"You can always turn down too much, but you can not turn up not enough!"

04OUTBACK
03-27-2008, 10:34 AM
True what Jesse says. I have found that they fill pretty close to even if I run both switches at the same time. I fine tune based on people in boat and their placement...

Miller_Time
03-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Haha, I like that saying Jesse. I'm gonna give surfing a try this summer if I end up liking it, I might have to swap out the stockers for the 750s. I can already see it. This boat is gonna make me poor. So much to do, so little money!

JesseC
03-27-2008, 11:26 AM
I can already see it. This boat is gonna make me poor. So much to do, so little money!

I have the same problem and I took the hint when my wife reminded me that the name of our boat is "Outta Money". :lol:

Miller_Time
03-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Now there is the perfect boat name! haha

lanceswake
03-28-2008, 11:28 AM
I can already see it. This boat is gonna make me poor. So much to do, so little money!

Miller_Time

Hey man it's not so much the toys & add-ons...it's keepin the other tank full (you know he one with the gas in it) that will drain the 'ol bank account.

byronkoz
03-28-2008, 12:02 PM
I really wish there was someone whos tried to fit the 750's in an outback V or simalar. I have an 06 and would really like to put one on the side i'll be surfing on but the bags are 50" long and my lockers are 46 1/2". Even if it couldnt be filled all the way it would still give some extra wieght over the 565lb bags and for less $$$.

Miller_Time
03-28-2008, 04:23 PM

Miller_Time

Hey man it's not so much the toys & add-ons...it's keepin the other tank full (you know he one with the gas in it) that will drain the 'ol bank account.

Haha, Don't remind me!! I don't wanna think about that yet!

jim Leni
03-28-2008, 04:40 PM
byronkoz, my neighbor has an 04 lsv, wich is the same boat as the outback v.He has a 750 sack that he fills up all the way when surfing it is tight but I am almost sure you will be able to get very close to the max fill weight. You will definetely surpass the 550 bag.

byronkoz
03-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Thats great to know!! Thanks Jim for the info, much appritiated.