PDA

View Full Version : another perfect pass question

yearround
03-24-2008, 10:20 AM
another round of questions for perfect pass

if you make changes to the speed while driving, does PP save the speed change?

is lake temperature standard on the factory PP?

is lake temp on PP if PP not installed at factory?

yearround
03-24-2008, 10:44 AM
hey, thank Ed, i should have put more info.

i just pick up my new LSV. the dealer mistakenly did not include the PP on the build, so it came without PP. they did install it for me. it is the PP wakeboard pro i believe.

the directions for use say temp available on some models, during the lake test with the dealer we did not go through that feature. while i was looking through the stuff, i could not get the temp to even show up on the display menu. i would have thought that i would see the temp in the garage.

maybe it is just some wire as you mentioned, but i agree with the plug and play thought.

will check the ride out on the water tonight for our family night out.

Mikey
03-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Hey be nice . Not all of us are from that end of Canada.I know this comment might get me a few comments but hey I'll get over it. :lol: :cry:

bradcraig78
03-24-2008, 06:53 PM
i have a questions also, if i remember correctly the water temp is located under system options or something like that. Question is can it be displayed as the default screen when PP is turned off instead of mph or a combo of both mph and temp

Sled491
03-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Nope sorry boys, the temp can only been seen when you are on that screen. And by the way when you are on the screen that shows temp, it won't show anything that has to do with PP inteded purpose.

NCSUmoomba
03-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Yep, there is an odd combination of buttons to push to get to the temp screen, but you cannot see the temp while using the PP. I think all PP units have it now, the temp sensor is built into the paddlewheel assembly.

Hughes144
03-25-2008, 06:55 PM
After 2 years of not knowing I have water temperature on my PP. So I went out last Saturday and played with it. It is there! It's under system information. It will display at bottom right of the screen.

Sled491
03-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Congrats Hughs, I have found that PP is just about as difficult to figure out and set up as understanding womans mood swings. :lol:

LARGECAR
03-25-2008, 09:32 PM
AMEN Sled

Sled491
03-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Hey Large diggen the boat I really like the graphics. You get those done custom?

LARGECAR
03-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Hey thanks Sled,

No , I found an 07 , flames were an option, not my favorite, but my son love them. quite a trip in decemberto St. Paul, but it only had 2 hrs on it. Got it out Easter sunday after looking at it in the garage since DEC.... cold but fun.....

Sled491
03-25-2008, 10:05 PM
cold trip or not very nice looking boat. Make sure you get some pics posted for all to see

Hughes144
03-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Sled, I feel ya bro! lol

yearround
03-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Finally, i figured out how to find the temperature. sat in the boat for a while last night trying to figure out where to store stuff, so much more room than the old ride.

I have to agree with sled on the mood swings, but PP does make my wife happier than i do (at least when we ride. i just change to my name, and she goes. if ia m not happy with the speed, then she says i can only blame myself becasue i set the speed! she can even drive a straight line now.

thanks for the help. i am certain i will have more.

Sled491
03-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Yearround,

Funny story, when we went to order our boat at the show the salesman sits down with us and starts to go over the options. When he gets to PP I look at my wife as it is the most expensive option we bought. She looks at me and says we're not even ordering this boat if we don't get PP, she says "I'm tired of listening to him complain that I can't get his pulls right" :lol:

Mikey
03-26-2008, 09:27 PM
My wife was lookin over my shoulder as i was reading articles here on perfect pass and she asked me why didn't we order it which kinda blew me away as she seams to want it after i explained the difference between it and easycruise which she hates.Obviously budget was the first reason but now she wants it so who am i to argue.My question is i asked my dealer about gettin/installing and he started to explain a little about how to install it but i had to tell him to stop when he told me you cut into the wiring harness.I'm pretty mechanical except for wiring.How complicated is it really for the average guy to do?They charge 115.00 an hr and he said 2to 2 1/2 hrs plus dealer mark up on unit.Is it worth my while to go through them or purchase direct and attempt install myself or even another reputable boat service shop do install.?Comments appreciated.I'm lookin at Wakeboard pro and is for 07 dd outback. :lol: :)

Sled491
03-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Mikey, something wrong there :?

On a 07 it should be plug and play, as you should have drive by wire. Installation should not be any problem at all. There are quite a few guys adding it right now, Tazz is one off the top of my head. As PP is a Canadian Co. you can order the unit direct with no duty shouldn't be more than 1000 - 1300 bucks 8)

Mikey
03-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Thats kinda what i thought but after our conversation today i was wondering.On the website it prices out at 1099 or so and yah for once i'm not gettin slammed with duty. I'm leaning toward going this route but wonder if i would even deal with dealer again on this. Don't get me wrong my dealer has been awesome to deal with maybe i just talked to the wrong guy having a bad hair day or something. :lol:

tazz3069
03-26-2008, 10:08 PM
sled--
Yes I am going to order the PP and install it my self. I just have not got around to order it yet. I have too many projects on the boat that I really need to finisg first. When all is done, I will order the PP and install it. My father-in-law has a portable gps that I can use to sink in the MPH on the boat and PP.

Sled491
03-26-2008, 10:21 PM
that'll happen 8)

ajmoritz17
03-28-2008, 09:09 AM
i got perfect pass on my new lsv and have not messed with it at all, I must say that all these post's are making me nervous....are there things i should be doing now while boat is in the garage that way its semi-ready when i get it on the water if so what?
________
dispensaries (http://dispensaries.org)

JesseC
03-28-2008, 09:24 AM
i got perfect pass on my new lsv and have not messed with it at all, I must say that all these post's are making me nervous....are there things i should be doing now while boat is in the garage that way its semi-ready when i get it on the water if so what?

Don't feal nervous about PP. I have it in my 02 LSV and would not own another boat without it. I would get out your manual and go sit in the boat and learn the menu. I would also familiarize myself with the cheat sheet provided with perfect pass. Once you understand the menu and operations, the device is outstanding. It is just like a new cell phone, you hate it until you understand it.

yearround
03-28-2008, 10:19 AM
I have spent a bit of time trying to figure the PP out in the garage, have several names, speed, etc setup.

i am in agreement with the cell phone. i am liking PP more as i learn to use it. the wife has even talked it up to friends. telling them that even they can drive easily.

scoot_gt
03-28-2008, 01:06 PM
the wife has even talked it up to friends. telling them that even they can drive easily.

Haha women - they over simplify everything. They still have to drive straight and avoid the rollers!

Did I mention the other boats and man the radio? :lol:

Seriously though, the few times my wife has pulled me and forgotten to turn on the PP, you better drop the handle QUICK. Before you know it, you are doing 30+ on the wakeboard holding on for dear life...

I agree, I will never own another boat without it - I'll be the first to admit that even for me, it is too hard of work to hold a constant speed.

JesseC
03-28-2008, 02:32 PM
I agree, I will never own another boat without it - I'll be the first to admit that even for me, it is too hard of work to hold a constant speed.

There are just too many factors to try and hold speed. Carrying 1200 lbs of ballast, wind, current and the rider pullling hard make it way to tough to control speed; even with the 300+ horsepower and 4 blade props it is still difficult. It is a delicate balance to watch the boarder/skier, other boats, debris, rollers other idiots.......Perfect pass just simplifies it all....I am spoiled by it now.

scoot_gt
03-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Perfect pass just simplifies it all....I am spoiled by it now.

Between the ipod, radio volume, the steering wheel, the beverage, the boat fluff in the bow, the tubers, the jet skis, the jugs for those jugging, oh and the rider -

the throttle is as Gump says "one less thing to worry about"

Mikey
03-28-2008, 09:21 PM
I have to say i talked to someone else at my dealer with prices and a little more info and i think i will be going through them. The price was actually less than retail price listed and then about 2hrs labour which i believe is fair.Peace of mind for me as mentioned i'm scared of wires,one of those things.After its in i will muddle my way through the instructions just like that @#$% cell phone.Now my only problem is i have to dewinterize the boat,put it back together so they can run the boat momentarily to see if it works etc.Its still cold off and on here so i might wait a couple weeks just for safety sake and so i don't hopefully have to drain it all down again.Then let the fun begin.

:lol: