PDA

View Full Version : What is everyones ballast set up... I'm stumped?

gsi09907
03-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Just switched out my rear bags and added the gravity games 750's and I kept the stock 400 in the locker. What else should I do for the front to equal out the weight a little more. I have a bazooka tube under the front seats so whatever I end up doing is going to have to be external. Just need some advise on the different options I have left.

cab13367
03-23-2008, 09:39 PM
gsi,

I am wondering the same thing. See my thread below:

https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=5490

The ski locker on our LSV measures about 22" wide by 9" deep by 89" in length, but it tapers up quite a bit at the front so that from about 3 foot forward, the depth starts decreasing.

Fat sac will make a custom bag for you so we could see how much they want for say, a 9"x22"x80" bag. If we could fill that bag, it would theoretically weigh about 570 lbs. I think there is significant weight to be gained though by using the full width of the locker instead of just 16" of it with the stock bag (10x16x70).

I might look into how much fat sac would charge to make the bag then see if we can get a volume discount if there is enough interest from this forum.

In the meantime, you can have everyone sit in the bow :wink:

Al

Eric Z
03-23-2008, 11:58 PM
I have a waterbed tube under the front. It wraps around from one side to another. It can be filled just like a fat sac. Weight (150lb). I also have a big block cube that fits under my playpen cushion. (150lb). 400lb mid ballast and 2x 400lb rear ballast. I am not sure how it will work but I think it should do okay. The front sacks are not built in ballast but they are out of sight, and out of the way.

NCSUmoomba
03-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Where is your bazooka tube mounted at? I have my sub mounted up under the helm and I still have room for (2) 260# sacs under the bow seats.

Membrain
03-24-2008, 11:01 PM
We upgraded to the 1,100 lbs for all three bags. We filled them while putting around breaking in the engine. We were at the stage where you don’t (not supposed to) go over 3,000 RPM and the nose was sticking straight up! It would not plane out!!! Reminded me a little of that Glastron!!!! I told my son that we may have gotten too much!! He said naw!? I’ll keep everyone updated after we get the boat broke in!

JoeTechie
03-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Membrain -

I think you missed the point of taking it easy during break in.

http://joetechie.com/moomba/breakin.jpg

-J

Membrain
03-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Yea, I know. We didn’t get the RPM’s over 2000. We basically just sit there idling when we filled the bags, and then putted around while draining them back out. I tend to exaggerate a bit at times :wink:

Hughes144
03-25-2008, 07:09 PM
GSI

You might be little different than mine but all I can say is that I did got my wake dailed in...

When I first got LSV, all 3 bags was stock

I purchased 2 custom made, each weights at 550 from Flyhigh.

Also got 370 fly high tube.

took my 2 250s out from rear and put 2 550s in there.

I lay down my 370 on the floor from the end of floor in the bow. Then lay 2 250s (the ones from rear) in the bow over the seat and 370 tube one.

So, its 1100 in the rear, 1270 in the front (included 400 from the ski locker).

So my advice is to do the same thing with your old bags that you swapped out and put them out front on the bow. Then play around wtih the weight.