View Full Version : #2 Davidl pic

03-22-2008, 08:33 PM
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8761/lsvinterior018wb1.th.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lsvinterior018wb1.jpg)
Tucked in and head'n home!! Sorry I thought I got this pic on the first go around :?:

03-22-2008, 09:11 PM
what kind of cover is that?

How does the cord around the boat disconnect to get around the tower?

03-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Rankin cover. Great set up. Custom made for Moomba. Draw string connects at the rear. Wear patches on all wear sites. Go to rankincovers.com great people to work with

03-22-2008, 10:25 PM
David have you been out in that good looking boat yet? The weather has not been very nice to me, I am wanting to get the engine broke in but keep running into foul weather!!!!!!!!

03-22-2008, 10:30 PM
I understand the cord connects at the back, but how do you get it around/past the tower connection points.

The cord has to have some kind of disconnect to get below the tower legs.

It looks like there is a large flap between the tower legs, but I cant figure out how you get it on without a disconnect in the line somewhere.

Great looking boat, I love the color combo!

03-22-2008, 11:56 PM
There is a connection between the tower rails (like a dog leash hook) it is covered by a zipped flap....Very easy. My wife and I can cover it in less than 5 minutes. Me alone....8-10 minutes. Thing is no straps!!!!

03-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Speaking of the cover....

mine is what came with the boat.... But have velcro that straps around the tower mounts (4 of them) and I am kinda of getting frustrated with that particular area ONLY because when I put the cover on.... the cover doesnt wrap up the tower mounts (it usually leaves about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of opening) and when I get bad storm or whatever, the rain do still get in there, leaving that area dirts. Dirts do runs down on my vinyl and upholstery. I hope I am making some sense somehow....

Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

03-23-2008, 01:33 AM
I got this cover made a few years back for $400. It's Topgun and it appears to be the same fabric as the Rankin. They put straps on but I never use them and tuck them underneath. The drawstring has a hook and snap between the stanchions and the cover folds over and velcos over the drawstring and the connector. They expect to it last between 12-15 years. Heavy material though and stiff when its cold.