PDA

View Full Version : ??'s for Perfect Pass

Hughes144
03-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey, I have perfect pass on my 06 lsv but I had to have it replaced due to some kind of defects.

Anyway, they replaced the old PP with new and different PP last December (still a wakeboard pro but guess an upgrade one). I have a minor issue with it. Maybe someone had a similar problem but was wondering if anyone an give me an advice how to fix it with an easy touch otherwise I"ll have to take my boat in.

Here the problem is...

My PP works and it's set at 23... Started to shoot out of the hole and as it accelerates up and got close to 21 to 22 and the rider was getting ready to have some fun, it immediately slow down quickly (dropped approx 2 to 3 mph). Then started to accelerate but at a very slow pace which causes the rider to wait even longer to have some fun. Not to mention, I absolutely have no control over my throttle to help speed up (I know the perfect pass will not allow you to go over 23 but it should allow you to at least help accelerate and speed up to what it is suppose to be quicker). So I have to wait and wait and wait......And shout to my rider (sorry to make you wait! :? )

Thanks!

Sled491
03-20-2008, 10:06 PM
It's all in the set up. You need to fine tune some of the inputs a bit. Follow the set up through the manual and you'll get it dialed in no probs. remember to have a few people in the boat during set up to simulate a regular load and pull. Also if you have a GPS use it to further fine tune your PP. I had similar problems last year, almost all my problems were with the set up.

Hope that helps

Aquaholic
03-20-2008, 10:39 PM
I had the very same problem.....mine did the very same thing yours is doing now.
Your not going to like the anwser though. I had to replace my PP cable and the paddle wheel in order to fix the problem. Water damaged the harness plug and water corroided the paddle wheel.

IF you look in the 07-08 boats your will see the the paddle wheel harnness is a lot longer and high up in the transmission bay way from the water/bilge.

I spent alot of money having the dealership try this and try that.

Take it back to the dealer and let them sort it out. Sorry but its they have the spare parts to find the solution.

aintskeered
03-21-2008, 11:33 AM
I to had same trouble... My was after I finally got it broke in and started loading the boat and pulling people. Mine turned out to be the set up. wright down the original numbers, so you have a go back to point. I had set up the perfect pass during break in but it needed re callibrated for the extra weight. Took quite a bit to get tuned into the way I wanted it. There is a place where you can tell it how aggressive or light to change rpm to match the speed selected. Hope its a calibration and not a repair your needing! Let us know when you get it fixed

davidl
03-21-2008, 01:03 PM
I have had a few ski boats in my days but never one with perfect pass. This is my #2 Moomba and both have MOOMBA CRUISE, What is the differance ? :?: David

Hughes144
03-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Sled, thanks for the input, I will check it out tomorrow.

Aqua, did you had to replace the old PP with new one and end up having to take it back to the dealer? If that's the case for me after tomorrow, at least it should be under the warranty. I have not used my new PP more than once. (replaced it last December while winterized then took it out on first weekend of March. Nothing since then due to stupid weather :evil: )

Aint - I hope it's the set up too! It would suck having to drag my boat 40 miles to the dealer! Will keep you posted, thanks!

Sled491
03-21-2008, 05:37 PM
DavidL,

The big difference between the 2 is the way they hold speed. One uses RPM and one uses actual speed. PP is prgramable, you can input all yuor names and speeds so that when it's time to go you just scroll down to the particular skier/boarder and PP does the rest. PP will pick up the pull after you begin to accelerate. PP holds speed in the corners and is much more precise. PP has features like a speedo, tach, water temp quage etc.

In other words there is a huge differnece, but that is also why its a $1200 option 8)

davidl
03-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the Lesson!!
Have a great weekend

Sled491
03-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey no probs, I full of useless information :lol:

Hughes144
03-23-2008, 12:29 AM
The result is in!

I just had to re-calerbriate my PP and adjust it with full weight. It worked great! But I didn't get to wakeboard for 2 reasons...

Too windy, no decent spot to ride.

Forgot my wakeboard in my SUV but thanks to wind, it made me felt better and just spend the day outing on the lake, cruising around.

Sled491
03-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Glas to hear it 8)

The fixin the PP that is, sucks about the wind :(