PDA

View Full Version : We finally ordered our 2008 Outback!!!

ian ashton
03-20-2008, 07:49 PM
I AM SOOOOO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!

We ordered the same color combination that I posted in this (https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=5468) thread.

Options include;
Rad-a-Cage tower
Heater
Appearance Package
Pattern E Gel Coat
Gravity I Ballast
Cockpit Tonneau cover

It will have a Platinum deck & hull, Brittany Blue main, and Pacific Blue accent, decal delete. I also requested that the interior accent color be Brittany Blue instead of the Pacific which would be standard with the paint colors I chose. We opted for the gray rubber around the stainless rub-rail.

I ordered it with no radio, as I want to install that on my own, I don't really like the way the rear speakers are mounted in the Outbacks, I'm going to do something similar to what the Mobiuses and Supras have with the cup holders and such.

I'll find out the spray-date tomorrow, and we hope to have the boat here my mid-May at the latest. We are also hoping to shoot down for a factory tour.

I must say our experiance with Club Royale was EXCELLENT! We started working with Jeff at the Detroit boat show; spent about an hour or more (we made a couple trips back to their booth, haha) firing off questions. We then stopped in to the dealer to check boats again, and then saw them again at the Novi boat show, where I again chatted with Jeff for probably an hour. Today we went in to make a deal, and I really feel like we got an awesome deal and THE PERFECT boat!

Man, I can't wait!!! Good first day of spring for dad and I!

jmvotto
03-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Ian, congrats on the new order. Hopefully the snow up here in north country will be gone mid may. Thats when ours gets out of storage. Throw some pics of the supra color scheme up, the colorizer probably does not do it justice. Good call on the heater, cool august nights.

Welcome.
:D

ian ashton
03-20-2008, 08:21 PM
I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pics of it. Here are some from the ClubRoyale website.

The inspiration for our boat:
http://www.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/clubroyale/VP526114_1.jpg

http://www.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/clubroyale/VP526114_2.jpg

Those pics don't show it well, its actually the reverse of what we did.

JesseC
03-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Congrats, I think that color combo wil lbe awsome! I can not wait to see how it turns out, I bet you are going to be super happy.

McMoomba
03-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Congrats, I don't think I have the patients to order a boat but it sounds like you are prepared and are getting exactly what you want. The colors will look great.

hiqualityH2O
03-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey Ian congratulations! Your ordered just in time, May is the perfect time to get a boat. The factory tour should be great - I wish I could've watched how they put these machines together. Welcome to the club!!

bashton
03-20-2008, 09:35 PM
I gotta say, I'm as excited as Ian...and since I am the partner in this deal I can't wait!

The last few months have been miserable and it has felt like forever since it has been warm and sunny with the lousy weather we have had to endure, but I have a feeling the next month or so is going to feel even longer! :lol:

Sled491
03-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Congrats, Colors look good on the Supra, should be just as good on your Outback. We are getting another 6 - 12 inches of snow tonight so I wouldn't worry about getting your boat too late :lol:

davidl
03-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Ian/Bashman. Congrats Great looking ride!!

ian ashton
03-21-2008, 06:35 AM
We are getting another 6 - 12 inches of snow tonight so I wouldn't worry about getting your boat too late :lol:

Don't even start with that snow talk! I'm affraid to look outside, hopefully by the time of hits us the snow will just be rain, haha.

04OUTBACK
03-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Ian, BAshton,
Congrats and welcome. I think the color combo will be nice. I like blues. Good call on the interior change on seat colors.. never thought about that.

I really enjoyed my outback! Very nimble, agile boat. I did not have any Gravity ballast so that was a downer. The day I sold it, it was slick calm and we took the new owner for a test ride... I showed him all the highlights if driving a DD...you know 30mph power turns to show how responsive it is...
I drove so good that day that I had second thoughts on selling...

You guys will have a blast.. I think it is great that ya'll bought together. My dad and I bought a SeaDoo together about 6 years ago and we got much more family time together out of the partnership..

Best,
BW

wake08
03-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Ian,

Congrats man you are going to have the best summer ever. If you are ever around Columbus, Ohio give me a shout and i will give you a pull.

Wow that takes a lot for me to invite a guy from the state up North given our history..JK :lol:

Steven

deerfield
03-21-2008, 10:21 AM
ian - Welcome to the Moomba family and elite group of Outback owners. We are the rare breed for whom water skiing is number one and the rest we do for fun. The Outback is a great boat that will bring you and your dad many hours of enjoyment and hopefully many fond memories together. Enjoy! - Deerfield

ian ashton
03-21-2008, 11:41 AM
I am less than 24 hours in to my month and a half wait and I'm already loosing my mind!

I wakeboard, and my dad ski's. Dad (bashton) really wanted a DD boat, so thats what we ended up with. We tried very hard to buy that Supra, but just couldn't get close enough on the final price (If only we didn't have to pick up the sales tax there would be a Supra in my driveway, lol.)

zegm
03-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Ian,

Remember this is a Moomba site! This is where the intelligent people hang out! Why, because we know that bling bling is not worth 10 to 15k! and We are a value oriented crowd, smart shoppers us! You will notice a high number of engineers, IT support people, business owners on this site, again all careers that use intelligence. We value our money and see that what we spend actually gets us a product that pulls us over the water all day everyday, not flashing bling bling. If you want to own a Supra or MasterCraft you need to be so rich that money is no object. Like the 3 doctors and the dentist and the lawyer in my town that own the MasterCrafts and Nautiques that ply our lake. But they are not a friendly crowd either, that would explain why the Supra board is so dead. So be proud to be an intelligent guy like the rest of us!! Be Proud of your New Moomba!!!! :lol:

ian ashton
03-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh I am proud, I'm excited at the thought of having my own unique custom built boat!

I just got off the phone with the dealer, it looks like we are looking at an April(ish) spray date, still haven't gotten the exact final date (the sooner the better!!!)

I've been pricing the stereo equipment that I want to put in the boat, so hopefully will make that order shortly and have the components ready and waiting for the boats arrival.

I can't believe its only been a day, already feels like an lifetime!

danimal365
03-21-2008, 03:18 PM
That lifetime gets longer. I ordered in January so I wouldn't miss any of this season.

james yarosz
03-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Ian and danimal,If you guy's just can't stand it anymore ,call me.I'm fairly close and I'd be nice enough to let you come over and wax my Moomba. :lol:

ian ashton
03-21-2008, 03:39 PM
We've got the dealer willing to pull us around the lake on April 1st, assuming its turned back in to water, lol...

danimal365
03-21-2008, 03:51 PM
My outback is at the dealer and ready for prep. I'm just waiting for the ice to melt!

zegm
03-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Our spray date was Feb. 26th and she was at the dealer on March 8th if that helps you any. Of course my dealer is only about 5 hours away from the factory so you might have to add a day for the longer distance.

What is this ice stuff you guys keep talking about??????? Just hook the boat up to the tow vehicle and head south! When you see a sign that says Florida you will have a zillion lakes that are pretty warm already. Find one drop it in and go!!!!! Just watch out for the big green swimming lizards! 8)

Sled491
03-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Z, Z, Z, you and your green lizards 8)

By the way I'm with James here, if anyone wants to come over and wax my boat for me I'll make it avialable as soon as this fr#$&*% snow stops.

See Z that'w why they call me Sled not Canoe :lol:

james yarosz
03-21-2008, 06:47 PM
I saw a few guy's out on the lake today.......................of course they were ICE FISHING. :lol:

ian ashton
03-21-2008, 06:55 PM
I drove down Jefferson on Sunday along Lake St. Clair, and I saw several ice fisherman, it made me :cry:

Buttafewcoe
03-21-2008, 07:09 PM
I was out on the lake today, dialing in me amp and new tower speakers.
Prolly go out tomorrow too. Only post to be 75 degrees tho.....might ought to take a jacket
:twisted:
B

Sled491
03-21-2008, 07:20 PM
You Suck :twisted:

zegm
03-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah Sled your right the water temperature is about 65F right now so those gators are probably really slow if out at all. Tomorrow the air temperature is supposed to be around 77 so like Butta said we will probably have to wear jackets while we go out and break in the boat some more. :wink:

PS I am a speed freak, thus Kayak would be the correct word here!!!! :lol:

yearround
03-22-2008, 12:28 AM
couldn't wait for my boat to be made available. went out with a friend today. the water had warmed up to 44. we don't have to worry about the lizards around here ever.

on the other hand, the dealer says they got the PP working and lake tested today. they are detailing and i should be able to get to tomorrow!

Buttafewcoe
03-22-2008, 06:51 AM
I only chimed in because I used to live in Hazel Park. I feel y'alls pain. Heck, everyone can't live in God's country.
B

boat-chicky
03-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Hey! Congrats, hopefully the summer will bring great weather so you can get out on the water alot! Again Congrats!

bobwells
03-23-2008, 04:22 AM
Congrats Ian ! She's gonna be a beauty for sure ! I love blues... good choice !

het butta, God's smiling on us... check out this forecast 8)

http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:USFL0479

boats in water waiting for us to come home from church :wink:

Buttafewcoe
03-23-2008, 04:01 PM
That's great bob. A little nipply in NC land today...below 60. But I was out yesterday and the day be4. Even got a little red from the sun.
Looks like next week end is shaping up pretty good too....at least thur and fri.
B

ian ashton
03-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Since I ordered our boat as a 'radio delete' I just took a few minutes and ordered the components for our system, here is a quick list:

Kenwood KDC-232MR CD Reciever
(2) Kenwood Marine Remotes (one for the driver, one for the transom)
Kenwood iPod control interface
(3) Polk Audio db651 6.5" coaxial speakers
Kicker ZX700.5 5 channel amplifier

I plan on running the 2 speakers in the bow directly (in the stock location)from the source unit, and the four speakers in the back part of the boat off the Kicker amp, as well as a 10" Kicker L7 sub (I already have this here waiting 8) )

One of the main reasons that I ordered the boat without a stereo is because I really don't like the way the factory speakers are installed in the Outback's. I made a wicked-awesome picture to illustrate what I plan on doing, overtop of a picture I took from the inside of a 2008 Outback with factory speakers.

http://faguba.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Picture_113.JPG
*Not to scale :lol:

This is a Supra that I saw at the dealer, and sort of how I want my install to be (Note; this is a V-drive boat, so it has seats where my boat will have a 'walk way')
http://faguba.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Picture_121.JPG

Sled491
03-24-2008, 07:06 PM
I kind of like your idea, my only question is where are you gonna put skiis and stuff like that? On the my Outback those sides are full.

ian ashton
03-24-2008, 08:37 PM
On the ski racks and wakeboard racks of course!

I am hoping to install a wakeboard rack on one side, and a ski rack on the other. My dad is the only skier I know, and he slaloms, so that will be easy.

deerfield
03-24-2008, 08:45 PM
ian - The rack set up you envision is exactly our Outback. The wakeboard rack is on the drive side, above the line of sight. The ski rack is on the passenger side. We have enough back and under seat storage to keep jackets, lines, towels, and other stuff out of the way without using the side area where you would put the sound. If you have the budget, I suggest buying racks that pivot. They are much more convenient than climbong and balancing to store skis and wakeboards. - Deerfield

jmvotto
03-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Ian, are you gonna add two speakers to the sides so there is a total of 8 in the main section of the boat? Setup should look good. an tower speakers?

Deerfield, what brand are the pivoting racks and do the stock moomba tower racks fit slalom skiis or just boards.

ian ashton
03-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the advice! I have been looking at all different kinds of racks; I didn't order them from the factory because I imagined that I'd want swivel racks, but its hard to find a decent pair! At least I've got time to find the perfect pair.

deerfield
03-24-2008, 09:26 PM
jm and ian - I climb and balance to store skis and boards. That's how I know -- learning the hard way-- that swivel, if you've got the dough, would be better. In any case, the fixed racks I bought last year online from a guy in California. Don't remember his name or web site. I think the price was around $90 each. - Deerfield

ian ashton
03-25-2008, 06:41 AM
Ian, are you gonna add two speakers to the sides so there is a total of 8 in the main section of the boat? Setup should look good. an tower speakers?

Deerfield, what brand are the pivoting racks and do the stock moomba tower racks fit slalom skiis or just boards.

I ordered my boat with no stereo, so where those speakers are installed from the factory will just be solid.

ian ashton
04-01-2008, 11:43 AM
I have now recieved all of the components for the stereo system install in my boat. I will snap some pics when I get home from work tonight. Uughhhh, 4 or 5 more weeekssss! I can't take this!

ian ashton
04-04-2008, 12:11 PM
I just heard back from the dealer on our spray date;

May 15th :(

I am incredibly disappointed that it isn't earlier, from what I understand the boat won't be here until late May, early June. I thought that at the worst we'd have for Mid-May delivery. This definately ruined my birthday :(

If anyone has any pull at SC and wants to put in a good word for us to get the date moved up I'll FedEx you a filet and bottle of wine!

zegm
04-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Ian,

sorry to hear the bad news, I would suggest you ask your dealer if they can get that date moved up. But really early June is good because maybe then the water will be warm enough to use it!

ian ashton
04-04-2008, 12:44 PM
I definately talked his ear off today and expressed my disappointment; he said they tried their hardest and couldn't get it sooner. I also emailed the Moomba General Customer Service mailbox with my request, maybe I'll get lucky and they will be able to shuffle me in.

I know its only a couple of weeks, but its just the principal. I was hoping to have the break-in met while the water is still cold, so I won't be too tempted to jump in, :lol: My financing is also set to 'expire' on the 17th of May, so I'll need to have that extended. Once the boat arrives I'll have to get the stereo installed, since I opted to do that post-production. Its all the little things that are going to make it a long 2 months (UGH, I DON'T LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT!)

zegm
04-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Ian, as with you my Loan expired but that was a good thing, I was actually able to get an even better interest rate! I am sure you will too the way the economy is going, companies are wanting to be able to sell things and that is getting harder to do, so they will do what they need to even if that means dropping the interest rate more!

Sled491
04-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Ian, sucks of course, but it is to be expected as most orders are from the Jan/Feb boat shows. I imagine they get kind of backed up by mid March.

Sorry Dude :(

deerfield
04-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Ian - If you or your dad are visitin' the northeast part of Illinois gimme a holler. You can ride behind my Outback. That'l put a smile on yer face while waiting for your delivery. :D - Deerfield

ian ashton
04-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Ian - If you or your dad are visitin' the northeast part of Illinois gimme a holler. You can ride behind my Outback. That'l put a smile on yer face while waiting for your delivery. :D - Deerfield

Thanks for the offer! Fortunately until my boat gets here I'll be in the water on my buddies 23' Yamaha; not quite a Moomba, but better than nothin!

zegm
04-05-2008, 12:02 PM
The only good Yamaha had Bob Hannah on it! :lol:

tazz3069
04-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Ian---
You will like the kicker amp. I have the same one and my polk audio and boston acoustic bass really pump. I am still waiting for my custom tower speaker bar I ordered. My other kicker amp will run the Polk Momo Speakers.

Sled491
04-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Z, you got that right 8)