PDA

View Full Version : Photos of Completed Boats.

JesseC
03-19-2008, 03:02 PM
I know that many people struggle with the "Colorizer" in the build your boat section. The colorizer is fairly simple to use, but there is no comparison to actual photos of boats people have configured. I really wish skiers choice would publish photos of completed boats in the different color schemes as they roll out of the factory. It would definately make it easier to choose a boat color setup when you can actually see the finished product before ordering. What do you guys think? This will probably only go as far as our wakesurfing request, but what the heck....

SanMarzano
03-19-2008, 04:18 PM
The colorizer was dead on for me :D

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/jg440/CIMG0762.jpg

yearround
03-19-2008, 04:34 PM
I would love more pictures of real boats with various color schemes and options. i agree that this may only get as far as wakesurfing. it would be difficult for SC to do the pics because of the way i understand the boats ship from the factory. the dealer installs many of the options such as tower, bimini, trailer tires, spare, etc.

so i think the dealers could send in a few pics to SC and then there would be a page that shows completed boats with real colors

maybe that is what this forum is for, but there are more boats out than members of the forum. Ed's locater page is quite helpful.

ian ashton
03-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Very good idea!

Add it to the idea of putting up descriptive pictures of teh various options!

wake08
03-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Sorry to Hi-jac:

SanMarzano--does your trailer not have guide polls?? That white looks sweet

wake08
03-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Sorry to Hi-jac:

SanMarzano
03-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Sorry to Hi-jac:

Thanks! Yes it has guide poles but I had them off at that point in time cause of how it fit in my garage. But now that the old boat is gone it fits with the poles

tazz3069
03-19-2008, 08:19 PM
I think that it would be nice to see finished boats. I new what I wanted when I bought mine. When I went to the web sight, and put in my colors, I was reaaly thrilled with it. When I saw it at a dealership, I change my mind and signed the papers. SC should start a gallery section on their web sight. Maybe photos of happy customers. Just a thought.

04OUTBACK
03-19-2008, 08:28 PM
I am sure it would be impossible to photo every color combo, BUT, I would think that they could snap photos and put them in a section much like Monster Tower and others do of customers who have their product. All they have to do is put a list at the finish out department that says what they have photo'd and when a new combo rolls out, snap the photo!

No fancy marketing photos... just side views..
I have seen a few websites with colorizers that look a little more realistic on the view than what this does. the colors aren't perfectly accurate.
Still better than taking wild stab!

Sled491
03-19-2008, 09:11 PM
I'd like to see the boats. I know the dealers do the final assembly but your would get the idea. By the way does anyone have a yellow/orange combination. My wife is certian this will be the color of our next Moomba but I'm a bit nervous about it.

JesseC
03-19-2008, 09:28 PM
By the way does anyone have a yellow/orange combination. My wife is certian this will be the color of our next Moomba but I'm a bit nervous about it.

Sled, this is the exact reason we need the photos! I have wondered about the yellow/orange myself and did those exact colors about 8 hours ago on an XLV in the "Colorizer". Even if they only added 5 to 10 a year, eventually there would be most of the colors and patterns. Even if they are not in the correct year, at least you could see what it would look like. If I were to by an 09 XLV and an 02 LSV had the same paint pattern as what I was looking for that would be very sufficient in my opinion. I agree with 04Outback, somethting very similar to Monster Towers pics would be great.

deerfield
03-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Jesse - Pictures would be good. I vote yes. - Deerfield

Jon
03-20-2008, 12:03 AM
all moomba dealers have access to a website that skiers choice has that has many different color combinations of boats rolling off the production line. Contact your localdealer and they should be able to get you these pictures. If they can't, send me a message with the specific colors you want to see and I'll see what's out there

03-20-2008, 12:17 AM
I couldn't agree more. Actual pictures of the boats in different color combos would be worth their weight in gold to a lot of people. I know I've used the colorizer a 100 times but I always go searching google for Mobius images after I'm done.

I have a pic on Monster Tower, its a great idea! It helped me buy their tower.

MasterMind3002
03-20-2008, 07:13 PM
The colorizer is cool but the colors look different depending on what type of monitor you use. Pictures of actual boats would give you a much better idea of how the boat is actually going to look. Just my opinion.

03-21-2008, 10:34 AM
This board is the best, thanks for the pics Jon! It's so great that someone on this board is willing to spend their time to help out a fellow member.

Cheers!

hiqualityH2O
03-21-2008, 01:01 PM
This is actually already available. The SC website has a file of pictures showing several boats (Moomba and Supra) just completed. For some reason though SC only allows dealers to have access to it via a password. Talk to your dealer and see if they can help you out - ours did.

Buttafewcoe
03-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Hell sled..you already got a boat. What would yer OB say if she caught you looking at other vessels????.
pissed, i'd think
lmao
B

Sled491
03-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Butta,

SSSHHHHH!

She's still sleeping 8)