PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this '08 Outback combo...

ian ashton
03-19-2008, 09:49 AM
I think I've finally made my decisions on what I want to order, just looking for opinions, and to see if there is anything I'm forgetting. Here is a snapshot from the 'color-izer':

http://faguba.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Outback-Blue-Blue-Platinum.JPG
(I forgot to click on the stainless rub-rails in the colorizer, which come with the appearance package.)

Options:
Rad-a-Cage tower
Appearance Package
Pattern E Paint (Brittany Blue main panel, Pacific Blue accent, and Platinum base)
Gravity I Ballast
Cover

I'm thinking that I want the heater as well, but I'll decide for sure on that when we go to the dealer. I think the heater will be a nice feature that Jess (my GF) will like.

I got the idea for the colors from a leftover '07 Supra that the dealer showed me photos of. I really liked the boat, but just can't justify an extra $10,000 in purchase price. I'm hoping to go to the dealer tomorrow to look at the colors on the Supra (it will be nice to see what it looks like in real life before I order), hopefully negotiate the final price, and put down a deposit.

zegm
03-19-2008, 01:15 PM
I love that color. The color scheme that you have picked out was one of our family's top two choices. We all played with the colorizer and we voted for what we wanted.

It makes me sad to think that anyone needs a heater....I am a wimp and dont think I could ever live above the Mason-Dixon line again!

Mrs. Z

04OUTBACK
03-19-2008, 01:35 PM
I like it.. course i like blue..
This was my 04 Outback..
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j14/bradwebb1/2004%20Moomba%20Outback/MoombaOutback021.jpg

byronkoz
03-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Honestly I think the colors dont go good together. Of course its personal preferance but I think it kinda clashes, definately an eye catcher though!!!

jmvotto
03-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Im with byronkoz, I like blue but not blue on blue.
But i did not have a choice either bought leftover 07

Sled491
03-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Hmmm, I'm not sure either, but if you get to see the combination in person and like it, go for it!

ian ashton
03-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Well its not on a Moomba, its the same colors on a Supra Launch, so the pattern is not the same. I'm pretty sold on it, I like how different it looks :)

I'll post up pics of the Supra tomorrow if I take some.

Sled491
03-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Moomba, Supra, its all the same family 8)

zegm
03-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Ian,

Good job!!! You will end up like us, every night my wife and I go out and stare at our pretty blue boat!!!! You picked the color combination our son choose, I picked one with the darker blue on top. My daughter and wife picked the solid Brittany blue so if you count the votes the women won. (Little hint here, the women always get what they want!). :? Anyway now you are going to have to go through the agonizing waiting process. :cry: Ask Sled how much he had to console me almost every day while we waited for ours to show up. Luckily for us the water here is pretty warm now so we have had a chance to take her out. Come this Saturday the wife gets her hand behind the controls, the Dr. said she could ride and drive but not ski for 6 more weeks, but there is a good chance she will be watching as I pull the kids!!! And to everyone else who has requested, I will take a camera, maybe there will be a big green swimming lizard out too and I will get a shot of him too. Just might not be with the camera!!!! 8)