PDA

View Full Version : Mobius Color Options

BensonWdby
08-20-2003, 10:49 PM
Just curious.
I was just crusing the Moomba site and took a look at the color options for new boats. I noticed something missing.
We have a 99 Mobius that is metallic blue. At least that is the closest I can get to describing it. It is not a solid blue but has is 'flecked', 'metal flake', ...... Anyhow, I have yet to go anywhere and not get a compliment on this boat, specifically when it is in the water and the sun is shining. I have complete strangers at the landing or on open water say 'That is a beautiful boat.'

I did not know that the boat would do this when we bought it, but when it is sitting still in the water and the sun is refelecting off the water onto the boat the sunlight dances of the gell coat because of the metallic quality and it just sparkles.

I think Moomba might want to consider bringing this back.

Dave

waterboy
08-21-2003, 05:06 AM
I second that one, Dave. I always thought the metalflake look was pretty cool, it's not just for bass boats! There was a guy at our ramp a few weeks ago with a mint '76 Glastron bowrider, kinda had a fastback look to it. The hull was copper metalflake, man it was a beautiful boat.

Brian

Flatwater
08-25-2003, 01:41 PM
I haven't got the 2004 catalogs yet but what I believe what you are referring to is the gel coat option for " iridescent " which was available on all models.

BensonWdby
09-03-2003, 11:55 PM
Just for the fun of it, I got the photo I was looking for to give the example. This turned out pretty good.

http://home.comcast.net/~bensonwdby/mobius_sparkle.jpg

Enjoy - We about 2 weeks left up here in MN, then it gets pretty cold. Only the strong ski. It is not somuch the cold water as it is the cold wind in youre ears and forehead.

Dave

zabooda
09-04-2003, 09:07 AM
Last year i bought a 98 Mobius that looks just like yours and I get lots of compliments especially from the women! The dealer said Moomba discontinued using the metalflake due to its higher costs. Before this boat, I had a 79 Glastron Carlson metalflake that never lost its looks and I sold it for the same price I bought it 10 years earlier. Metalflake seems to stay in style while other boats are dated based on the colors used for that year. Downside is the metalflake is hard to match if you have a repair.