PDA

View Full Version : Factory Tour

maxpower220
03-17-2008, 06:35 PM
I did a search with results that did not answer my question. Has anyone actually gone to do a factory tour?

I have a spray date of 16 April, so I am thinking of going on the 17/18th timeframe for a long weekend. Just curious to see if anyone had gone and thought that is was worthwhile. With gas prices to high, I don't want to waste my time/money.

MasterMind3002
03-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Hey Max

Keep an eye open for my Outback.........its spray date is right in that time frame too. Look for a navy hull with an orange accent and tower.

8)

My brother went on the factory tour by the way. He rode down with our local dealer and said it was an amazing experience.

Enjoy!

Aquaholic
03-18-2008, 06:29 PM
I've done two. The first one I went a few days before my spray date, I enjoyed seeing the process and understanding how it was put together.

I remember leaving the plant and being high as a kite, one from the 'I freaking can't wait to get the boat and the second from the resin and fiberglass fumes.
I was lucky enough to go a second time when I went to pick up a new boat from the factory for my buddies dealership.

I think its cool to meet the people behind the scenes so to have an appriecation for the hard work involved in building the boat.

Aqua

ian ashton
03-21-2008, 10:26 PM
We are hoping to go on a factory tour within the next couple of weeks as well, I think it should be a good time. From what I undertood the tours are only available during the week.

aerophoto
04-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Because I am so far from the factory I have to settle for this

Look at all those pretty boats

http://www.geocities.com/wgilson/moomba.jpg

aerophoto
04-22-2008, 01:03 AM
BTW Guys Paint a HUGE Kangaroo on that white roof

JoeTechie
04-25-2008, 12:47 AM
The black roof is Boatmate Trailers. Nice proximity. :)