PDA

View Full Version : New Moomba Owner

Doublea
03-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey Im from just a 2003 Moomba Outback LS. Took it out on the lake for the first time today just to check it out. I have spent most of my boating career on a Chaparral 2130 In-out.

tazz3069
03-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Congrats on the new boat. Hope you enjoy it. Welcome to the Moomba family

jmvotto
03-16-2008, 10:19 PM
welcome to the clan and congrats on the moomba. Great bunch of people on the board. will answer almost anything that will help u and some 2 cents just for the heck of it. :D

Im jealous of all who can put there boat into the water (long winter bad snow ski season). All this info and no boat to play with yet, april 29th is still a ways out. Hopefully the ice fisherman will be gone out front... :x

Congrats and welcome!!!!

Doublea
03-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Well I do have a two questions. First being the boat seems very hard to steer. The steering is smooth just hard to steer. Like I said I am used to an in out with power steering. Also under the back seat it has a large platic tank, I am guessing this is a ballast tank maybe? Sorry for the stupid questions just new to these boats.

JesseC
03-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Well I do have a two questions. First being the boat seems very hard to steer. The steering is smooth just hard to steer. Like I said I am used to an in out with power steering. Also under the back seat it has a large platic tank, I am guessing this is a ballast tank maybe? Sorry for the stupid questions just new to these boats.

I also had a tough time coming from an I/O. My 4500 pound 24' Formula was easier to dock than the little LSV. You will get use to it. You will learn how to "swing" the rear of the boat simply by putting it in gear (not throttle blasting). When you put it in gear in forward the rear of the boat will chine to the left (I may have this backwards...have not been on the water this year) and if you put it in gear in revers you receive the opposite effect. If is just a lot to get used to. Just drive real slow and let the prop stear the boat. Like is said this takes a while to get used to.

And yes that is a ballast tank under the rear seat! Have fun and no question is too simple. Know your boat and enjoy its full potential.

ajmoritz17
03-17-2008, 09:57 AM
hey i didnt think i should start a new topic for this stupid question--

what does lsv/xlv stand for?
i would guess the v is for v-drive but whats the rest? malibu uses lsv as well if im not mistaken
________
og kush marijuana strain (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/og-kush)

JesseC
03-17-2008, 10:05 AM
hey i didnt think i should start a new topic for this stupid question--

what does lsv/xlv stand for?
i would guess the v is for v-drive but whats the rest? malibu uses lsv as well if im not mistaken

LS is the hull type and V is for V-drive around 22 feet
XL is the hull type and V is for V-drive around 24 feet

The LSV is smaller than the XLV. Similar to the markings of the Vride and VTX of Malibus.

Eric Z
03-17-2008, 08:49 PM
I am also a new Moomba owner. I bought an 06' LSV last week. I am very happy so far but we haven't hit the water yet. I wish I could figure out how to post a picture. It is black. Has a great system in it and I just ordered the 400lb bags for the V-drive. It will have 300lb hidden in the front 400lb in the middle and the 800lb in the rear, is this a good wakeboard set up?

davidl
03-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Eric, Call me...541-350-1958
I think you purchased my 06 LSV !! Great Boat

04OUTBACK
03-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Eric, you ballast set up should be great. I have 06 LSV with factory 400 in locker, and 750s in rear. I never fill the 750s up all the way for wakeboarding, but fill 1 up for surfing! That extra 300 you have may come in handy if you want to surf, especially if you can move it to one side!

DoubleA,
Welcome. You'll have a blast in your boat.

Man, is it me, or have we had a ton of new folks join the clan! That's great! Seems like way more folks posting on here than last spring!

kaneboats
03-17-2008, 09:56 PM
We're just EXCITED to finally join the inboard crowd. Thanks so much for welcoming us all aboard.

To post a photo you have to have it on a site somewhere else and then link to it. Somehow it gets captured that way and shows up here. I think it's some kind of magic or something (I can barely tune a radio station in but was able to get my photos up). You can use photobucket. I don't use it but maybe others can help with that. Everybody on here loves to see new photos. I'm not a dog guy but I even like to see pictures of the dogs people have on board (though I much prefer the foxes).

You will find a wealth of information and experience here and many new friends with similar interests. Welcome to the family!

Doublea
03-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks for answering my questions. Seems like a good group of people on the site. I cant wait to get out behind the boat and wakeboard, Ski etc

Sled491
03-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the board Doublea, and as stated before we are full of all kinds of useless and sometimes helpful information. And if your haveing a bad day there is no shortage of commedians around as well.

By the way, and I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about this but what does Double a stand for?

Doublea
03-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the board Doublea, and as stated before we are full of all kinds of useless and sometimes helpful information. And if your haveing a bad day there is no shortage of commedians around as well.

By the way, and I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about this but what does Double a stand for?

Nothing to exciting. My first name is Austin last name starting with an A. So everyone used to call me DoubleA.

yearround
03-18-2008, 10:42 AM
I would have bet you were a trap shooter and only used winchester AA loads.