PDA

View Full Version : Mobius XLV transmission oil strainer screen???

martyslc
03-13-2008, 08:04 PM
I have a 2005 Mobius XLV and in the book it say under the yearly maintenance chart to clean the transmission oil strainer screen.

Any Ideas where the heck would I look for that?
-Marty

martyslc
03-14-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm wondering if this is referring to the trans oil cooler?

http://martybess.fileave.com/Untitled.jpg

Marty[/code]

NCSUmoomba
03-17-2008, 06:44 PM
It is in the very bottom of the transmission (not the V-drive). You will have to reach up under it and there should be two bolts and a cover plate to remove and the screen will drop out. Make sure you drain the tranny first or you will fill the bilge with fluid. Be very careful reinstalling it because it can be tricky getting it all lined back up right. Mine was misaligned and I leaked trans fliud all in the bilge over last winter.

james yarosz
03-17-2008, 07:33 PM
The transmission has two oil lines coming from it that go to the oil cooler.The cooler is about 2"around and 6 to 8" long.The cooler also has 2 -11/4" lines going to it that the lake cooling water flow through.If you pull the line off on the side towards the water inlet in the bildge,and reach your finger in you can feel a screen.Mine gets some weeds in it sometimes because I don't have a water strainer.

JesseC
03-17-2008, 10:16 PM
This topic comes up about this time every year. There are actually three screens that are mentioned in the upper posts. In the bottom of the transmission itself there is a filter screen. Skiers Choice has said that you only need to clean it once to remove the break in metals.

Screen number two is located on the bottom hose of the Vdrive. The oil line coming out has a round screen around it that filters out the particles in the Vdrive.

Lastly there is a "waffle" type screen in the front of the trans cooler, it has about a number 2 pencil size holes all through it. I check the trans cooler every year, clean the vdrive about every other and I have NEVER removed the trans filter. I have not cleaned the trans filter, but I will try NCSUmoomba suggestion this year.