PDA

View Full Version : New Moomba boat owner

jimmobius
03-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Hello all , I am new to the Moomba scene, I have been boating for a long time and finally bought an inboard vdrive . 05' Mobius lsv , 325 Indmar engine , factory front ballast and I will install rear ballast bags with pumps and switches. I am coming from an i/o boat so this is a step up for me . I am excited to start the new season in my new boat. Will post pics when I get it outside. Thanks . Jim .

deerfield
03-12-2008, 11:19 PM
jimbo - Welcome to the Moomba clan and community bulletin board. Great to hear that you settled on a lsv. Lot's of good comments about the lsv on the BB. Everyone likes pictures. Don't be long. Congratulations! - Deerfield

lanceswake
03-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Welcome jim & congrats on the new boat!!

SanMarzano
03-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Welcome I also just made the move from I/O watch your reverse LOL

jimmobius
03-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Hello again, I need a spare prop and was wondering what one to use. I do most of my boating at 5280' and will probably have to prop down in pitch. I have a oj 13.7 x 17.5 4 blade mvc hc on it now. I e-mailed acme and oj and have good responses from both of them. Oj said a 14.24 x 14 4 blade and acme said a 13.5 x 16 4 blade . I would like to try both to see how it performs. I haven't ran the boat long enough on the water to see how it performs at wot. Does any one have any suggestions and what are they running? Thanks, Jim .

yearround
03-13-2008, 11:18 AM
yahoo more people from CO! I am in Aurora. where do you ride? they opened cherry creek on Monday, we made it out on Tuesday (on a friends boat). water temp was 36.

it is killing me that the dealer is on vacation this week and they can't sell me my new LSV. i will be in the same situation as you for needing a spare prop. so i am anxious to see what you come up with.

davidl
03-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Welcome Jimmmmmbo...... :D
Davidl

hiqualityH2O
03-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Jim,
Congrats on your first tournament boat! Dealers sometimes have demo props to try out. You may want to check that out as an option before you decide.

jdsharpe57
03-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Welcome to the MOOMBA family Jimbo......Glad to have you!!!!!!!!! post some pics of that badboy, I promise you we all wanna see them! I don't think i'ts posible to get a fix on see pics. Really makes the forums worth while, not to mention great for ideas!!!

aintskeered
03-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Welcome Jim, and congrats on the upgrade.
I am around the same elevation, I am running the wake board prop upgrade from the dealer. is just abut right at this alt, I have a higher pitched one for lake powell Just cant rember the #'s on it and the boat is still in storage. Really see if you can get a demo prop, A little on a prop makes a huge differance top end rps and Holeshot both!

Sled491
03-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Welcome Jim glad to have you. As stated before we thrive on Pictures so gitty up 8)

Unlike Ed's quiet comment about a birdie, the birdie I talked to said go with the one with the O.

So bottom line is go with the one that suits your needs. Also be in for a little knukle busting as changing out screws is not like changing out a hubbed prop LOL :D

Focusedonhim47
03-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Jim welcome to the family of inboards. I've been an owner for 15 years and will never switch. I acquired a 97 Moomba last year and the poor boy was stripped. I had to buy another gauge set for it but can't find any info on the wiring harness. Any thoughts from you pros?
Scott

jmvotto
03-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Jim,

Welcome to th moomba clan. Great bunch of people here...
Enjoy the boat, I am newby with tourney type boats, i can't wait til spring and get the docks in the water.

what's with all the spare props?? i have been boating for 20 years with i/o's on fresh water lakes, never a problem. Something I'm missing?? :?

Had more Darn battery problems than any thing else. :x

jimmobius
03-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Wow , what a response !! I will post pics when I get the boat out of the garage. I have spent a lot of time so far polishing it and now it is time to do the interior. The prevoius owner didn't keep it clean enough or polished for my standards so I went after it. I have replaced the factory speakers with some pyle hydra brand speakers, 6.5" 200 watts , and they sound great with the oem deck 50 watt per speaker. Highly recommend them for the money and sound. I had some boss audio speakers in my old boat and they sounded great also with a big amp driving them. I will use the same amp for the 6 speakers I just installed and a sub and tower speakers. I usually don't go all out on the stereo but this time I will . Can't wait to be on the water !! Jim .

JoeTechie
03-14-2008, 12:18 AM
We like in-work pics also - lets us all know we are not the only nutty ones spending time on boats NOT in the water. Post away.

Oh, and welcome to the family (for the 19th time).

-Joe

tazz3069
03-14-2008, 03:07 AM
Congrats on the new boat and welcome to the family