PDA

View Full Version : Wakesurfing in the 07' XLV

blueboard
03-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Any advice to put up the perfect surf wake in the XLV? Speed, ballast, wakeplate, etc.... I was able to make a great wave last summer that worked great for my smalled buddies. I am 6'2" about 215lbs. Any advice would be great.

Buttafewcoe
03-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Weight one corner (goofy or natural, your preference) with about #700 - #900 ballast and about 9-11 mph. You'll be happy as a pig in slop, I tell you what
B

blueboard
03-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks for your responses!
So you wouldn't weight the bow?
Where are you putting the wake plate

Smrtz
03-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Ed your Outback doesnt have the plate?

danimal365
03-14-2008, 02:29 PM
You can get it as an option, but my dealer said it wasn't necessary. I think that it has to do with the mid engine and lighter weight of the ob vs mob dd. OR... he could have been b.s.'n me.

Smrtz
03-14-2008, 03:36 PM
It was on mine when I bought it.. Never really saw a difference until I started weighting down the boat more.. It allows for you to have some control over the shape of the wake.. Didnt see a big difference when not weighted

llxlv
04-02-2008, 10:46 AM
05 XLV here, center sack full, then fill the side you are surfing on to full, lift your wake up all the way, speed varies on the size and of board you are riding. Thats how we do it and it creates a great wave to surf.

zegm
04-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I believe the wakeplate is the most misunderstood option on the Moomba line. My wife and I thought it was to CREATE a wake, I mean look at the name. On the Mobius LS the hull is designed for wakeboarding, fill the sack and wow now it is even BIGGER! Now my wife likes to slalom so we started experimenting and after playing around with the wakeplate for an hour we think it should be called the Slalom plate for the wakeboard boats. All the way down and the wake gets small as it is lifting the rear of the boat OUT of the water! I see no reason to have this option on a Outback unless you are heavily loaded and you want to DECREASE the wake size. I am also NOT disagreeing that you can use it to shape or tailor a wake, but if you want to Slalom with NO wake then you USE the "Slalom" plate (also called the wakeplate).

Membrain
04-05-2008, 10:19 PM
It’s a nice option to have to get our fat butt (I mean boat) up out of the water to plane out! I also have been trying to figure out the optimum setting for the wake plate!?!?!?!

SoTX
04-16-2008, 05:32 PM
What Ed G said exactly. I have an 05 XLV. What I did with my boat was modify the sack sizes and add some sacks. I surf goofy and weigh in at 280 lbs. I fill the center balast fill driver side 750LBS balast in the back and I added a 900 pounder that goes under the seat behind the driver. Then I make everyone on the boat ride on the drivers side. Voila, huge moker wake at 9mph. Combine that with a FAE and you got safe fun especially for old fat guys that love BEER!