PDA

View Full Version : Gravity Games Stickers

AaronWhitt82
03-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey guys, I love the look of the Mobius XLV Gravity Games edition.
I'm just trying to figure out all the stickers that are on the boat because I want to duplicate them and put them on my boat and also add a few extra.
I'm going to have my local vinyl shop make them for me.

So far from what I can see the stickers are:
Indmar
Vortec
Boatmate
Kenwood

If there are any other ones can you guys let me know what they are?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

04OUTBACK
03-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Roswell and XTP.. Fly High... in the past, they have had OJ Props decals too, I THINK..

I think I remember ED G suggesting you request them from each of those MFGs as I think some of them sent them to him.. Tell them you want to advertise for them....

B

Sled491
03-12-2008, 07:41 PM
You know this looks like its getting pretty popular dressin up the boat. I like it and wouldn't mind dressing up the old Outback myself as it is kind of plain.

My question is, do you have to use anything special to keep the vinyl from coming off or does standard graphic shop stuff work just fine?

BENTLEYBOY
03-13-2008, 01:30 AM
Just be certain to tell them that it is going on a boat. They have special high performance vinyls available. I just had new registration numbers made in the Masque font and they look great. The guy told me they can make anything from a good .jpg image.

Rugburn
03-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Make sure you get "cast" film for your graphics, not "calendared". The cast film is high end, made to last 7 to 9 years. The trick is to get the backing paper from the graphics to verify what vinyl you are getting for your money. The vinyl manufacturer prints the grade of vinyl on its backing paper. Its easy and dishonest, but some sign shops will use cheap vinyls for something they should be using cast for. There are vinyls specifically made for a marine environment, but they are really just the same as a cast film, ultra thin with a permanent adhesive. Thinner is better.