PDA

View Full Version : Texas Boat Jamboree

jdsharpe57
03-11-2008, 07:27 PM
This post is dedicated to all the people in or around Texas (or anywhere for that matter)interested in having our own version of a jamboree. This is just now in the works and is something that has not by any stretch been finalized, however, I want to make this a reality and will do everything I can to make this happen. Just post a reply if this is something you could be interested in. I've requested numerous 4-5 day off stretches from work through out the summer and could easily work around some type of agreement made by other locals. If anyone has a good enough report with any of the dealerships in the area or SC themselves, to maybe get them to sponsor it let me know. I'll shoot an e-mail to SC and my local dealership to see if they would be interested in throwing in a few shirts/koozies. Please let me know if you could even be slightly interested.

lanceswake
03-11-2008, 08:31 PM
jd

I'm in man! We need this in our area. I'll see what I can do to make this thing manifest.

Jon
03-11-2008, 09:03 PM
I'd be willing to make the trip down with my boat.

BENTLEYBOY
03-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Keep me posted!

bradcraig78
03-12-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm in, keep us posted.

PK Moomba
03-12-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm in...assuming new 08 LSV is here as expected on 5/1

lanceswake
03-12-2008, 03:20 PM
jd

I think what we need to do is start looking at time frames...atleast get it narrowed down to a month. Right off the cuff I'm kinda thinkin June. Any thoughts?

lanceswake
03-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Ed G

You're right man! We'll have plenty of boats there, and we need all the people we can to launch this thing.

jdsharpe57
03-12-2008, 04:07 PM
I have spoken with the person in charge of marketing at SC and my local dealership, it sounds like getting sponsored is definately a real posibility. My concern, however is I've been asked to basically give a proposal of what exactly we expect to take place at our "Jamboree" and since I've unfortunately never attended one I was wondering if I could get some input and information back from anyone who has attended one on the types of events/gear that is present at your events? Any input or information would be greatly appreciated. Please keep the posts coming on the interested peeps that could make it. I need a minimum of 20 boats to be interested! Side note Very big event taking place in OKC (Oklahoma City) River this year, Sept. 4th-7th.

lanceswake
03-13-2008, 08:56 AM
ed g

Excellent links & very helpful.

thx

jdsharpe57
03-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Ed,

Thanks for the links this was exactly what I was looking for! I did it, I sent off the proposal, now it's just a matter of time before I hear a definate answer on whether or not we can get this thing goin'. Thanks again Ed!

Hammer
03-13-2008, 05:28 PM
jdsharpe57 Count me in June sounds good I have one trip sceduled the weekend of the 12th at lake Belton.other than that i'm open .you guys getting out this weekend will be at Grapevine Lake for a quick camping trip i got to break the boat in only have 1.5 hours on her.if you can make it like to meet you guys and check out your rides or maybe have a beer. The Vinyards at Grapevine Fri,Sat ,Sun

lanceswake
03-13-2008, 08:18 PM
hammer & jd

Grapevine sounds good...should be a good weekend for it. I'll try to get over tomorrow and get my boat out of storage as she has been tucked away for winter. I'll probably bring my wetsuit too so I can squeeze in some boardin!

Hammer
03-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Hey, lancewake look forward to meeting you Talk to jdsharp57 early this evening hes coming out probly both days we have to break our boats in.I'M SO EXCITED i dont think i'll get much sleep. :D

Tyger
03-16-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm definitely interested and we would drive up from Houston. However, June is probably going to bad timing for me. Also, I can't commit until we get closer to a date.

I look forward to meeting other Moomba owners!

LARGECAR
03-16-2008, 04:54 PM
jd,

I would also be interested in the Texas jamboree, please post dates, locations and maybe lodging options for out of town visitors.

ShawnSSV
03-18-2008, 04:50 PM
I am a Supra owner and would definitly be interested in attending. You may want to make it a Moomba/Supra Jamboree as they are the same company and dealer and you would get a lot more boats there.

Hughes144
03-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Would be in... I already posted up in DWB.com as well.

lanceswake
03-18-2008, 08:25 PM
ShawnSSV

Hey man definately bring the Supra out! This is a Skier's Choice event we're tryin to put together, not just Moomba.

Hammer
03-19-2008, 09:25 AM
I second that lancewake we need all Supras and Moombas out to make this a great event.

HAMRIT !

Dusteriii
03-20-2008, 12:08 AM
I would definitely be interested. What about Possum Kingdom Lake? I've never been there, but heard its awesome.

jdsharpe57
03-20-2008, 04:45 PM
PK is a beautiful lake, the only problem with that is it gets really choppy. But an update for all of you that r interested, I spoke with Natalie again today and she is in the process of doing what she can to further this event along. The good news is it's pretty much a solid thing, we just have to work out the details on exactly where it will be held and when! I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I know something, I realize most of us have to plan for these things.

pickle311
03-24-2008, 06:17 PM
I would be willing to drive up from Austin, for me it all depends on the dates.

lanceswake
03-24-2008, 07:48 PM
I just happen to mention June earlier in this thread, but feedback would be great on dates. Anyone?

jdsharpe57
03-28-2008, 01:05 PM
O.K. Skiers Choice Peeps it is official that there will be a Jamboree here in Texas at Lake Lewisville On the weekend of June 7th and 8th. In order to get a general idea of people that will absolutely be able to make it I need you to please go to the link below and answer yes to the poll. Events are still being ironed out but I know for a fact that just like all the other jamboree's it will be sponsored by SC and WSBD it's not just a "Get together" so there will be Food, T-shirts, and again events that still need to be worked out. I'll keep you posted as I learn more!

jdsharpe57
03-28-2008, 01:11 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=5516

ShawnSSV
03-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Great. I will be there for sure. Already submitted via the link posted.

bradcraig78
03-28-2008, 02:35 PM
my brothers getting married in June and he has something planed on that weekend :evil:

deerfield
03-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey, guys planning the Texas jamboree, reach out to Chris at Ultimate Wake Watersports for insights into what helps ensure a succesful event. His Moomba/Supra dealership in northern Illinois hosted its first jamboree last year (excellent event!) and is planning for this year. Give him a call (815-385-2720) and learn from the guy who put it together and made it happen for Moomba/Supra owners in the northern Illinois area. His event, co-hosted with Skiers Choice, pulled in owners from Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana.

jdsharpe57
03-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Deer,

Copy that I'll give him a shout tommorow, to see what he can come up with. Thanks Deer