PDA

View Full Version : MOOMBA 2007 BROKEN STARTENGINE

flemischboarder
03-09-2008, 06:19 AM
hi moombaguys , this is my story of the season 2007 , last year i bought a full-loaded LSV2007 with 340HP-engine (i paid 65000dollar). I saw this amazing boat in the international boatshow of dusseldorf (germany) . There is no localdealership in belgium so i went to holland to buy a new lsv . The dealer did a great job and delivered my dream in may 2008 . We were so excited to see the boat (i will try to put a picture on the site) , and the next week we tried it out at a local lake here in belgium . This boat was everything i wanted . Summer was starting and we had reserved a berthplace on the hourtin-lake in the south of france (an amazing spot to do wakeboarding and skiing) , we drove the whole night and arrived in bordeaux . The next morning we took the boat into the water for making a little tour on the lake . BUT the engine was making strange noise , i stopped immediatelly and restarted , the noise was gone . The next 2 days we could start the boat , the next morning on the 3th day my boat gave it up (on the display 9hours) , MY boat was seriously broken up , whatever we tried (even with local experts) we had to pull out the boat of the harbour . What happened : inside the new motorblock etx /cat , there is a startingblock that drives on the great startingwheel , the solenoīde inside the startingblock comes into the startingwheel everytime you start the boat . But the whole system was mounted up at the wrong place , the solenoļde was pushing off little by little the startingwheel , so at the end he has pushed off the whole wheel with lots of damage . You couldn't observe it before but this was the reason ... So 2weeks i've seen other people wakeboarding from the beach . I was so disappionted . Back at home we went again with this boat to the dealer . He did again a great job he fixed up the boat but it took 2months to get him back , season 2007 gone ....we had 15hours on the display. Evenso i had sent over lots of emails and faxes to skiers choice , never never i had any apoligize or answer in this whole matter . I NEVER asked for a single penny , i've lost a lot of money but the only thing i asked for is a little respect for europeancostumers . The only explanation i had of the dealer was : an engineer of indmar has done a wrong job but can not take the responsability in this case .... SO case closed . I had also a proposal (from the dealer) to change my boat into a 2008 with less mounted options . I've said noway we restart this season with my firstdream , so you can imagine that i'm very scarred to restart my boat in april , moomba 'no worries ' sorry i don't believe in'no worries ...
i've waited longtime to sent this over.. but i had to inform people if they have the same problem . i hope to say my season 2008 was superb ....
lots of wakeboardinglove ,
greetings from flanders (dutch speaking part of belgium)

siegfried de croo

davidl
03-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Flanders, Sorry about your loss of the season! We all hope you have a great 2008! This doesnot sound like a tipical Skiers choise response.
I would love to someday wake board in your backyard!......See-ya
Davidl

flemischboarder
03-10-2008, 04:12 PM
thanks davidl , thanks for your support , i hope to meet americanmoomba-owners somewhere in the states . May be i had to come once to a jamboree . GOODLUCK
see you siegfried

hiqualityH2O
03-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Siegfried-
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Sounds like a warranty issue to me. The Holland dealership should be taking care of this for you. If they're not, I would send a certified letter to SC explaining the problem; include receipts (copies) of the repair and a copy of the boat bill of sale. You may not recoup the time lost but hopefully you'll get reimbursement for parts and labor. If SC's goal is to serve a global market, they need to step up and take care of you guys.

flemischboarder
03-11-2008, 07:32 AM
hey guys , thanks for the advice . First of all i had to say that my hollanddealer did all the repair in warranty (mostly by himself) the parts needed for repair came from the us . Strange enough they've sent over wrong replacementparts , i think the whole issue on this case is that indmar hasn't mounted up this motorblock in a lsv before (they wanted the startengine above waterlevel because we were demanding a 340hp etx/cat with salwaterpackage ) so now my dealer has mounted up a normal startengine at the normalplace but under the waterlevel. He takes his reponsability and gaves us a new warranty (such as a new boat2008).
Therefor the dealer isn't wrong , the only thing is why have they mounted up the startengine at that particular place. A question with no answer yet . greetings siegfried [/url]

edwindenijs
03-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi belgium friend,

I bought a 07 lsv at the same dealer last year, not a single problem and have 65 hours on it. I think(hope) it's just bad luck.
When I bought my boat it took 4 months for delivery they offerd me a free loan boat could you not get one for the period yours was in repair?

I hope everything is oke this year and that you have a trouble free season.

Maybe we can arrange a jamboree in the BENELUX?!!

flemischboarder
03-12-2008, 12:02 PM
hey edwin ,

wat een toffe verrassing , bedankt voor uw mailtje , mocht er een 'beneluxjamboree' aankomen verwittig mij , we zijn gegarandeerd op post ...(misschien iets voor tb-boten???)

american friends , sorry for writing in our motherlanguage , i was surprised to have an answer so near from home .
greets ,

siegfried

yearround
03-12-2008, 03:21 PM
i would love to come to the jamboree, though i don't think i will bring my boat.

edwindenijs
03-12-2008, 04:45 PM
yearround, you can stay on my boat.... if i can stay on yours when i'am at your place oke?

siegfried,
must be something for tb boten to arrange a jamboree! i think they sold a lot of boats the last few years.
where from belgium are you? and where do you board? I ve been to belgium a lot even had a belgium kayak trainer for years when Iwas still training on top level, this year I stopt training..... at least have some more time for boarding.

groetjes en tot ziens (that means greetings and see you)

yearround
03-12-2008, 07:00 PM
deal!
try and give me a bit of notice before you come. :D

Sled491
03-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Siegfried,

Man sorry to hear about being down for the season, I know it's hard to accept but 08 is another year. Maybe you can convince SC to send you and a friend to an US Jamboree of your choice for your troubles. Now that would be cool 8)

Hope this season is flawless for you and you find yourself on smooth waters :D

hiqualityH2O
03-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Sounds like SC is working with you and your Holland dealer is taking care of you - that's great! What you're going through is why I think many of us who bought an 07 stayed away from the first year production of the CAT motor. Even though this technology has been around a while there always seems to be issues with new applications. Anyway I hope it's all behind you now!

flemischboarder
03-13-2008, 04:32 PM
:lol: Hey moombafriends , i really appreciate the support , its really nice to have this forum to meet online other people ,even from 12000miles away . QUESTION ?? Is there a international globaljamboree somewhere?? GREETS Siegfried (flanders - belgium) :lol:

Buttafewcoe
03-13-2008, 05:51 PM
More like 5k, I believe....mebe 6 to 6.5....heck us folks from NC can about spit that far
:lol:
B

flemischboarder
03-14-2008, 01:57 AM
hips sorry , my geografics wasn't that good i suppose , it's about max. 9000km (not miles) to the westcoast).
greets siegfried

flemischboarder
03-16-2008, 05:05 AM
hi moombaguys , this is my story of the season 2007 , last year i bought a full-loaded LSV2007 with 340HP-engine (i paid 65000dollar). I saw this amazing boat in the international boatshow of dusseldorf (germany) . There is no localdealership in belgium so i went to holland to buy a new lsv . The dealer did a great job and delivered my dream in may 2008 . We were so excited to see the boat (i will try to put a picture on the site) , and the next week we tried it out at a local lake here in belgium . This boat was everything i wanted . Summer was starting and we had reserved a berthplace on the hourtin-lake in the south of france (an amazing spot to do wakeboarding and skiing) , we drove the whole night and arrived in bordeaux . The next morning we took the boat into the water for making a little tour on the lake . BUT the engine was making strange noise , i stopped immediatelly and restarted , the noise was gone . The next 2 days we could start the boat , the next morning on the 3th day my boat gave it up (on the display 9hours) , MY boat was seriously broken up , whatever we tried (even with local experts) we had to pull out the boat of the harbour . What happened : inside the new motorblock etx /cat , there is a startingblock that drives on the great startingwheel , the solenoīde inside the startingblock comes into the startingwheel everytime you start the boat . But the whole system was mounted up at the wrong place , the solenoļde was pushing off little by little the startingwheel , so at the end he has pushed off the whole wheel with lots of damage . You couldn't observe it before but this was the reason ... So 2weeks i've seen other people wakeboarding from the beach . I was so disappionted . Back at home we went again with this boat to the dealer . He did again a great job he fixed up the boat but it took 2months to get him back , season 2007 gone ....we had 15hours on the display. Evenso i had sent over lots of emails and faxes to skiers choice , never never i had any apoligize or answer in this whole matter . I NEVER asked for a single penny , i've lost a lot of money but the only thing i asked for is a little respect for europeancostumers . The only explanation i had of the dealer was : an engineer of indmar has done a wrong job but can not take the responsability in this case .... SO case closed . I had also a proposal (from the dealer) to change my boat into a 2008 with less mounted options . I've said noway we restart this season with my firstdream , so you can imagine that i'm very scarred to restart my boat in april , moomba 'no worries ' sorry i don't believe in'no worries ...
i've waited longtime to sent this over.. but i had to inform people if they have the same problem . i hope to say my season 2008 was superb ....
lots of wakeboardinglove ,
greetings from flanders (dutch speaking part of belgium)

siegfried de croo

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5883/dsc07759jl1.jpg

Buttafewcoe
03-16-2008, 06:32 AM
I'm a shade tree mechanic, flem. Something breaks on my boat (which it hasn't), fortunately I have the resources available to git 'er done.
It amazing you hear the horror stories more than the happy ones. My story is definately one of the more satisfied ones.
However, I find I have similar problem to yours when I don't buy american products. A pain in the arse to get them fixed when I have a problem.
I know this post is prolly no help to you, but I certainly realize when purchasing stuff from overseas exact communication on what is needed is a must. You must understand the systems and be somewhat knowledgable on what is wrong and what is required to fix. And the lead time, with customs esp., patience is deff a virture.
B

Sled491
03-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Wow, that lake looks huge, and even more amazing "No Boat Traffic". I can see why you would be upset not being able to get out on your Pride and Joy!