PDA

View Full Version : Our New 2008 LS!!!

zegm
03-08-2008, 11:11 PM
I didn't ever think this day would come but the dealer finally got our new LS. She is now at Atlanta Marine waiting for me to go and get her next Friday. We can't wait!!!!! :D
PS My wifes surgery went great, she doesn't feel so hot right now but the Doctor ( a serious waterskier himself) said it went great!
Thanks for all of your well wishes and prayers, in 2 months time she will be behind this beautiful LS going through the course!!!! :lol:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/zegm/DSCF1484.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/zegm/DSCF1483.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/zegm/DSCF1482.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/zegm/DSCF1480.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/zegm/DSCF1479.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/zegm/DSCF1478.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/zegm/DSCF1476.jpg

bambam26
03-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Love that Teak!!! Nice looking boat Z, what option is that seat behind the drivers seat?

zegm
03-09-2008, 12:09 AM
BamBam,

Thanks! Like you these pictures are from the dealer, who is also supposed to put the Roo on it too!

that is the jump seat option, it can be fitting between the drivers seat and the passenger seat or behind the drivers seat. We actually ordered it about 2 weeks after the show when I saw it on a post.

bambam26
03-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Had not seen that option, very nice ls Z!

zegm
03-09-2008, 12:17 AM
My dealer was like many people on here when I expressed that I wanted a teak deck. "Why do you want that???" I mean I have a teak deck on my old MC now and it is one of the nicest looking things on the boat. It just gives it a touch of class. Well they (at the dealership) commented on how nice it looks (actually he said beautiful) and how it sets off the boat.

ian ashton
03-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Looks awesome, I love the jump seat too!

zegm
03-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Gosh! Now I am going to have to pressure wash my dock off! I can't image someone stepping on those white seats with dirty shoes!!!! Or even better, a no-shoe policy is now in effect! :)))
Sorry BamBam our 85lb shepherd is a no-no too! I need him to stay at home and protect it while we are out on the lake!

Buttafewcoe
03-09-2008, 05:31 AM
Glad to hear surgery went well. You have a safe trip out Atlanta way. Very nice choices on yer boat.
B

jmvotto
03-09-2008, 08:12 AM
z,

Glad t here all went well with the surgery, shell be back at it before you know it.

Hot looking boat, teak is sharp, I got the bimini on a ours as well.

jv

04OUTBACK
03-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Z, It really does exist! WOW> Great job on ordering that one! Makes us proud!
Focus on the wife this week. Take good care of her. Glad surgery went well.

WELL DONE

Hydrofoiljunky
03-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Hey Z, Glad the surgery went well and your boat looks sharp. Love the teak as well. Does that Jump Seat that you ordered lay down, how heavy is it and it seems to sit a little lower than the other seats? I'm thinking about ordering one of those. That's going to be tough knowing your boat is down there at the dealer waiting to be taken home :-) Just keep your time occupied and this week will fly by..................Hopefully

Is that standard for a dealer to keep the boat for a week after it comes in? Are they installing something? I'm going to be in the same boat (No Pun Intended) if it is. Take it easy

Chad

zegm
03-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Hydro,

Let me explain that the nearest Moomba dealer to me is 5 hours away. Since I am orignally from Atl. we attended the Atlanta boat show in Jan. and ordered an LS. The boat arrrived at the dealer yesterday and I will go pick it up next Friday. Mainly because my wife just had 3 vertebrae fused so I need to stay here and take care of her. This is actually her boat too!
The jump seat I heard about on this post, it is movable and can be put between the drivers seat and the passenger seats or like in the picture behind the drivers seat. I did not see it at the boat show and only ordered it after seeing it in a post on this board!

zegm
03-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Outback,

Thanks for you well wishes!!! Yes today I am helping her, actually she got home yesterday and then the dealer sent these pictures so that helped her too!
Yes it is REAL!!! However I still won't see if for a few days! Friday morning I will make my trek up North. I will take more pictures then!

deerfield
03-09-2008, 01:07 PM
zegm - Am very happy for you. Great to hear that Mrs Z is doing well. The boat has arrived and is beautiful. Good things come in threes. Keep us posted. - Deerfield

SEARK
03-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Z,
Glad to hear your wife is doing well. Love the teak platform. I know yall are going to enjoy the LS for a long time.

jdsharpe57
03-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Z,

Nice looking boat, That blue is HOT!!! Hope the Mrs. gets well quick!

zegm
03-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Thanks for your concern about the wife. She is feeling much better today. To bad she cannot drive the 6 hours it will take to pick up the boat next Friday from the dealer in Atlanta but I will have a big bow on it when I pull into the driveway with it!
Yeah we like blue around here!!!!

sar
03-10-2008, 02:14 AM
Nice, I really like the royal blue!

zegm
03-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks Sar!
I will be in Atlanta on Friday to get it!

GeauxTigers
03-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Z;
Glad to hear all went well with the Missus. Great Looking boat!!!!

tazz3069
03-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Great Lookin Boat. I envy everyone with the new 08' boats. They get the PP already installed and the great looking Bimini top. I just might have to get one of those.

Z- Glad too hear everything went well with the surgery. Hope Mrs Z has a speady recovery and a wonderful summer with her new toy (The Boat).
Congrats again and have a wonderful summer.

zegm
03-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Geuax , Tazz,
Thanks guys!!! I still don't have it yet but the pictures the dealer sent were great. Atlanta Marine got the boat around noon on Saturday after the driver brought it down in a snow storm! It was covered with ice! Then they went ahead and prepped it and took these pictures to send to us on Saturday even though they know I won't be able to get it until Friday! Lisa and Tim at Atlanta Marine have been fantastic with us!
My wife is feeling a little better, looking at the before and after xrays explains why she is now about 1/2" taller than she was before surgery!!!!
I just had to work it out with her so that she could see the boat Sunday (on the water) from the dock as I take it out with the kids. I had to explain how it needs to be broken in so that when she gets better she will be the first one we pull behind it, even if its on a kneeboard. Now if only I can get this inboard on the trailer as good as she does!!!

tazz3069
03-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Z-
Good to hear that her spirits are up. How long is her recovery? Hopefully not long and painful. I think I can speak for everyone. We all hope she get strong again and enjoy what is given to her (The new Moomba) HAHA Just kidding. Good luck with the new boat.

zegm
03-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Tazz,

She was told by the surgeon she can do ALL of her normal activities in 2 months. She had 3 vertebrae fused and so it is much like a broken bone, she has to wait until the vertebrae fuse together. What is funny is they jack these collapsed vertebrae back up with plastic spacers, put in bone marrow and stem cells to make it heal (fuse), well she is almost 1/2 taller now, those two bad disc were gone! I keep looking down at her feet when she stands next to me to see if she is wearing shoes with thick soles!!!!

hiqualityH2O
03-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Z- congrats on the LS - she's beautiful! It's official, you are now a member of the Moomba clan! Give our best to the Mrs. Z!

Come on summer!!!

Sled491
03-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Z,

Man I'm a little embarresed here. I mean I talk to you almost daily it seems and I'm the last one to post a congrats!

I know I saw the pics a while ago, but still :oops:

I love it Z, it's a great boat, you and the family are going to be lovin it all summer long (this is where I don't like you anymore because your summer is soooo much longer than mine :D ).

Hope Mrs is over the nausa, and feeling a little better. You should stick a laptop beside the bed so she can keep every one in the loop on her recovery :wink:

zegm
03-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Sled,

No Problem!!!

Actually she is up and around and doing pretty good, OK in between the naps she is taking! Seems those pills also make her very sleepy!
This morning we were discussing the issue with this weekend, how the kids and I are going to check the boat out while she watches! She wanted to go slowly up and down the canal as it is protected from the wakes of other boats. And yes for the past month the Bass Boats have been tearing it up around here!!!! We still haven't decided if she can take a idle speed ride yet or not. I may just have to force her to wait another week or two, even though this is really her boat!

04OUTBACK
03-13-2008, 10:36 PM
z,
drive safe tomorrow! get some rest tonight! Gonna be a long weekend!

Best to the wife.. Hope she is feeling better.

zegm
03-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Outback,

Thanks! I am all ready to go and I will have to make myself drive a somewhat decent speed on the way up there! I will post plenty of pictures when I get back on Saturday!

Thanks to everyone for their concerns and well wishes about my wife!!!!!
She is doing really good and was surprised tonight when she read all of the posts! She thanks everyone for their kind words!!!!!

Z

SEARK
03-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Z,

Hope you didn't get caught in the bad weather in Atlanta last night. It looks like things got pretty bad there.

Enjoy the boat.

zegm
03-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Seark,

Yeah I left Friday morning and after 5 1/2 hours arrived at Atlanta Marine, stared at the Most Beautiful Boat I had ever seen!!!! Then left and checked into a Hotel about 30 miles North of Atlanta, went to get some food and the storms hit!!! Lightning and thunder everywhere!!! There was no damage where I was at luckily. Saturday I went to get the boat and then head home but that took longer than I expected, I had to meet some old friends for lunch (was supposed to be breakfast!!!) tried to eat fast as the sky was getting dark real fast!!! Finally at noon it was time to leave. I was just checking everything out on the truck and boat before I left and looked up at those dark clouds, shouldn't have done that it started raining HARD. I had to drive in Atlanta for an hour in some moderate traffic in a down pour! After that I fought the wind for the rest of the day. It was gusting up to 40 45mph! And I was headed directly into it! I was exhausted when I got home around 6:30.

danimal365
03-17-2008, 11:07 AM
z,
I'm disappointed you didn't post any pics yet...

zegm
03-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah I haven't had a chance to take any pictures yet. I had to help the recovering from neck surgery wife Sunday morning and then I took the 2 kids out on the lake. We drove it for an hour very gently to break the engine out as per the Owners Manual. Less than 2k rpm does not get you up on plane. Finally the hour passed and we started breaking it in on the 3K rpm cycle. It would then go close to 27mph. The room in the boat is awesome, my kids were all over it, sitting in this seat then that seat. They could not do this in the Old closed bow MasterCraft. It handles great and to be honest feels pretty much the same as the old MC but I with the exception of the thousands of comments like "that sure is a pretty boat!!!"
Finally when we got back home (couldn't stay out too long because due to the fact that wife was not able to go due to here surgery and this IS her boat). Anyway I grabbed the camera got one shot and then the battery dead flashed on the screen. I will try to get some this week. I must say the Logo cover is awesome!!!! I have never seen such a well engineered boat cover!!!

danimal365
03-17-2008, 01:12 PM
I was wondering about the cover. I ordered the "logo" cover too. Did you trailer it from atl with the cover on? How did it hold up?

My outback will be at the dealer tomorrow... most of the water up here is ice though. I also got brittany blue.

zegm
03-17-2008, 01:53 PM
No I would not tow it with the cover on it! It would flap in the wind putting undue strain on the cover and you might scratch the gelcoat.
At this dealership there was close to 50 Supras and Moombas sitting around. Every guy in the service department stated that they loved the way this boat looked. It was the only solid colored boat there. The solid blue hull, the Block Moomba decal and the teak deck just looked awesome. I think because it is a simple pattern, you know no multi colored hull, no wild graphics but with the pretty teak wood deck it is what I would call "simple but very elegant." I have recieved nothing but WOW's from the guys at the dealership, people at the gas station, people at the lake and all of my neighbors. Bringing it home yesterday we got whistled at like you do to a girl from some house we passed!!!! If you are a blue lover like us you will really like it when you see it in person, it is better than any picture. Now on the way home I have to stop at boaters world for some Top of the Line Wax!!!!
PS. Surprisingly to me a (cold water hater), the water here on the lake was fairly warm! There were several people out swimming and tubing. I will wait a couple more months.

danimal365
03-17-2008, 03:03 PM
that's what I like about your boat. understated.

I also got the block lettering and simple blue and white color.

SEARK
03-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Z,

Man I was sure thinking about you towing that boat back in the bad weather. That is the kinda luck that I have. Only I would have run through a hail storm just for good measure :lol: . Glad you made it back safe and sound. I know yall are enjoying it now.

zegm
03-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah it was not fun but nothing was going to stop me from taking this gorgeous babe home to my 2 cute kids and my Gorgeous wife! They ran out of the house yelling and screaming with huge smiles when I pulled up. Then everyone sat in it for an hour checking everything out. I can't tell you how many times I heard hey daddy look at this, or my wife saying did you see this!!! We have come a long way from the old but faithful 1975 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes!
Sorry I have only had a chance to take one picture but here it is!
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/zegm/moomba_driveway.jpg

Notice the Azaleas in the background! Also you can see the MasterCraft we have for sale! Tell your friends -good condition ski boat for sale!!!!

deerfield
03-17-2008, 09:56 PM
z - I can just imagine the smiles. You and the fam must be very happy. It's a great lookin' boat that'l bring you lots of years of fun in the sun. Glad you made it home safe and sound from the dealer. I gotta believe that the excitement of the new Moomba and anticipation of the new season is gonna help your wife recover even faster. Welcome to the Moomba family! - Deerfield

04OUTBACK
03-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Well Z, it is beautiful... I suspect we'll see a pile more pics by the weekend. You might even wanna get the Family Easter Pic taken on the boat!
Make a great Christmas photo card next year!

jmvotto
03-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Z, awesome pic, luv the blue. my kids were sooo excited at the boat show, so i now how you feel with them so excited, what a great feeling. I'm sure Mrs. Z is perking up just fine now :D

Miller_Time
03-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Z

The boat looks incredible, I've always been a suck for that color blue! And the teak platform gives it a classy look! I know ya'll are gonna love it, we completely love our 08 LSV!

Buttafewcoe
03-18-2008, 04:06 AM
Nice boat, Z. It's official....you are now a Member of the Tradition.
B

tazz3069
03-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Z--
Very nice boat. I really like the changes that SC made to the boats. The Bimini Top really catches my eye. Have fun and glad to here the family loves the boat. It is especially nice to hear your wife is up and about after her major surgery. Beautiful boat!

zegm
03-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey Guys!
Thanks for all of the well wishes!!! My wife has never had so much attention! Thanks for the compliments on the boat too!!! We love it! It is so roomy compared to the old MasterCraft. I even took it through the ski course on Sunday, just a pass through, no skiers. We will find out tomorrow at the Doctors office when she can actually get to take a ride in it. Sunday all we could do was make a couple of passes by the house so she could see us out breaking it in for her!!!! And today she told me she almost went into the garage to put her slalom ski in the boat to make it officially her ski boat but realized that she is not supposed to lift heavy items over her head. I guess you know what I have to do tonight!

zegm
03-19-2008, 09:06 AM
I want to thank everyone here for the warm wishes for my surgery and recovery. I appreciate it. I am doing MUCH better now. I will be even better when I can do more than just sit in our new Moomba in the driveway!
:D
Mrs. Z

zegm
03-22-2008, 10:23 PM
I promised a picture, actually I was going to take more pictures but again the battery died!
This was today at 3:00, we took her out for an hour. Mrs. Z drove it 1/2 the time and she likes it!!!! She also took it off the trailer and put it back on so she is doing much better!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/zegm/DSCN1207.jpg

bambam26
03-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Well how did she drive? Your lucky to have the weather to get out, I am itching bad!!!!!!!!!!!

zegm
03-22-2008, 10:33 PM
She drives great, we have now put over 3 hours on the engine carefully breaking her in. We tried out the gavity bag and the wake plate and wow what a difference. We took several trips through the slalom course (no skier) but just getting the feel of her. No much different than the old MC as they are both DD but so much more room and we always get compliments on how Good she looks! I sat in the bow for a spell and enjoyed the view from up there.

bambam26
03-22-2008, 10:52 PM
The plate and ballast really change things up dont they......I was pleasantly surprised.

Sled491
03-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Once again I was fooled by a boat with a cover on. For some reason I thought the whole boat was the Brittny Blue.

My Bad 8)

zegm
03-22-2008, 11:19 PM
That was a discussion that my wife and Rick Tinker and I had during the Atlanta boat show. The LS we were sitting in was a solid color and we were thinking wow this is really pretty. But we also thought darkish blue hot florida sun??? Bad on the skin (image how hot it would be) and bad on the paint too (start hazing quick)! We asked Rick what he thought and he said we should probably go white on top too! We really liked to have a solid blue boat but it isn't practical and besides we love the way this one looks now too!!!!

Sled491
03-22-2008, 11:23 PM
It's all good 8)

zegm
03-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Sled,
I was handed a slightly used Obrien sixam (without bindings, 68") and a 64 inch Andy Mapple with f & r bindings (it was his daughters) for Zachary to try from the guy that owns Florida Inboards. I told him I wasn't going to get in the water for another month at least and he said why they went last weekend and it was warm. Then he said "well if you don't use it yet no problem if I need it I will call you". I will have to use the bindings on off my EP. Anyway I will probably pull Zachary this weekend to see how he likes the ski. If he likes it the guy told me to give him 100 dollars!

Sled491
03-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Z that Sixam 68 would be awsum, heck if you don't take it let me know what he wants for it.

As for Eds deal maybe you have some warm beer left in the garage from last summer he'll take :lol:

zegm
03-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah I am thinking that I will give it a try in the next couple of weeks. I will have to break my own "no swimming until June 1" rule but the water isn't that bad right now, couple more weeks and it should be much warmer.

Sled491
03-26-2008, 10:18 PM
June 1st, are you nuts! Heck I'll be skiing early to mid may here and you know how it is up here :shock:

Miller_Time
03-26-2008, 10:29 PM
I wish the water was as warm up here as it was down there. I'm planning on wakeboarding in the next week or two. Cant wait, 6 months has been way too long!!!!

zegm
03-26-2008, 10:37 PM
I knew I was going to catch it from letting you know my own silly rule! :? Yeah people are swimming in the lake now, it is fed from springs so it never gets that cold as the ground here stays at about 70F. I just haven't been excited about anything in a long time that would motivate me to get cold!!! But now with this new ski to try!!!! I just have to put my bindings on it and I don't want to drill new holes in the ski so I am going to have to modify the bindings in some manner.

zegm
03-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Miller,

I grew up in Marietta GA skiing on Lake Alatoona and other GA man made muddy water lakes. What amazes me about Deerpoint lake is how clear the water is and all the plants, fish, birds, turtles and other wildlife on this Natural Lake. I stand on my dock and can easily see the bottom 4 feet below. But the clear water has a bad effect too, the water plants they grow faster than the weeds in my front yard. Always battling them!

Miller_Time
03-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Haha, we're just messing with ya Z. 70 degrees still isnt warm, just warmer than what we have, I think we're still in the 50s or 60s. I go diving in some of the caves down there so I know 70 degree water is still chilly, and you can bet im in a wet suit when we're diving.

zegm
03-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Sled,

Mr. Z is the joke of the family, the Big Chicken when it comes to water temperatures. But he eagerly drives the boat for us!

Mrs. Z

Sled491
03-26-2008, 10:56 PM
I knew it :lol:

zegm
03-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Ed,

Hey if we meet at the Jamboree bring the ski with ya and I will bring the beer!!!!!!

When is the jamboree again?

Smrtz
03-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Damn Ed, I dont know why I didnt give you a shout.. I was there for a week the end of february...
Oh well next year maybe!!

Smrtz
03-27-2008, 02:07 PM
I did make it out to OWC one day... nothing like the feeling of not riding for 5 months then going full tilt on the cables.. i was sore for days... I think it just made me want sping that much more..
Here is a picture Spyder took of the boat launch where we take our boats out yesterday...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3205/2364572923_8c18e86fa0.jpg

spyder
03-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Here is the link for the full-res if your interested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dpurdy/2364572923/

GeauxTigers
03-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Looks cold!
It's been in the 60's here all week and today we got snow!!! :evil:

zegm
03-27-2008, 03:18 PM
would it be possible for one of you guys to go out and put some of that stuff in a box with some dry ice and ship it to us. My kids have never seen that stuff in person! :lol:

yearround
03-27-2008, 11:51 PM
why don't you get on a flight and bring them up. they could see snow, ski snow, then ski water, all in the same day. some of the resorts will be open through april, our lake water may be up to 60 by then.

cab13367
03-28-2008, 12:04 PM
would it be possible for one of you guys to go out and put some of that stuff in a box with some dry ice and ship it to us. My kids have never seen that stuff in person! :lol:
Z,

They are missing out. I used to live in Denver and we skied and snowboarded in the winter and boated in the summer. My kids love doing both. And as yearround notes, there are times that you can do both. On a good year, one of the ski resorts is open thru the 4th of July so you can literally snowboard in the morning, drive back to Denver, and wakeboard in the afternoon. Although I think yearround is being a little optimistic with the water temp (60) in April :wink:

We live in the Portland area now and we have Mt Hood in the winter (actually, one of the ski areas on Mt Hood is open yearround (pun intended :lol: )) and the many lakes and rivers in the summer. We enjoy the winter sports just as much as the water sports and for that reason, we prefer to live in an area where there are four seasons.

But I can definitely see the advantages of living in a warm climate where the water is warm and the water sport season is long.

I think that we are all blessed to be able to choose.

Al

yearround
03-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Although I think yearround is being a little optimistic with the water temp (60) in April Al

yeah, maybe a bit, it was 46 on Wednesday, and now we are pretty much into April. but i will let you know.

next week we will be doing both snow and water skiing for the kids spring break.

it is great to have choices!

GeauxTigers
03-28-2008, 03:12 PM
yearround:
Up here, you can pull the boat and camper to Lake Jordanelle State Park, change into your snow ski gear and run up to Park City or Deer Valley (15 min away) for a morning of skiing. In the afternoon, you get back to the park, hook up the boat and put it in at the park's boat ramp and you are ready to go! I don't know that I would volunteer to get in the water at 60 degrees, but I would be glad to pull anyone who wants it!!

yearround
03-28-2008, 04:28 PM
GT,
we were working in Provo Canyon a couple years ago and were skiing Deer Creek in April and Jordanelle shortly after. i think you can see some of the ski lifts from deer valley from Jordanelle?

are you in SL? i thought you were farther north. we will be in Bear lake early August. aren't you going to LP soon? I am in UT lots. will certainly give a call when in town, would love to see the black and red boat from the back!

deer creek, ut 4/12/06
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/ttduncan/deercreek060412web.jpg

GeauxTigers
03-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Yearround... no, I am in Salt Lake. DEFINITELY call me when and if you come this way. I will do the same. Awesome picture of Deer Creek. Small lake, how did you like it?

You can definitely see the ski lifts for Deer Valley from the water in Jordanelle. And from Deer Valley, you can see the lake! 8)

We modified the LP plans and are heading even further south to Lake Havasu. We heard that April will be too early for LP and the kiddies would whine way too much!
Here are my plans for the summer (extended trips that is):
April 20th-Lake Havasu
Memorial Day Week: Lake Strawberry
June: Lake Powell
July: Flaming Gorge
Aug: No plans yet
Labor Day: probably Powell again

Every other weekend: Jordanelle, Yuba Lake or Pineview.

GeauxTigers
03-28-2008, 04:51 PM
BTW, its solid red... in and out!

zegm
03-28-2008, 11:04 PM
You know it can get boring here in the winter but thats why we bought the kayaks to explore all of the creeks in the area during the winter when we don't have to worry so much about alligators. And my wife has a rule, if we ever move again we cannot move 1 inch further north than we are now! OK our water skiing season is from April to October based on the water temperature WE like. If you guys moved here you would ski year around!!!! I don't think the lake ever gets below 60F. During the winter is when the waves are also biggest out on the beach and it is full of surfers, and again the water temperature out there gets down to 58F! So think of the year around fun you would have, at least for 2 years until you start to get used to living here like we did and become Cold Weather wusses like us!!!! :lol:
Honestly this area averages 12 NIGHTs below freezing a year. I have never seen it below freezing during the day. I don't own gloves or a hat! That is how I can afford this new LS!!!!

yearround
03-29-2008, 01:39 AM
You know it can get boring here in the winter... ... you would ski year around!!!! I don't own gloves or a hat! That is how I can afford this new LS!!!!
as for skiing year round, we do that here! the toughest time is Jan and early Feb

the kayaks are very fun. all the creeks, water, etc to explore is very fun.

BTW, its solid red... in and out!
sorry about the color, did your pic have the black cover? that may be why i thought it was black, sorry.

deer creek is okay in the morning before the canyon winds would pick up, or week day afternoons if you are lucky with the canyon winds. Jordanelle was much better, out of the wind, etc.

GeauxTigers
03-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Z:
Believe me, I am still a wuss when it comes to cold weather, and I have been living in Utah for 5 years now. We do get out in April and every year we swear not to ever do it again. I had a neighbor's kid out wakeboarding at Bear Lake last year in early May with shorties in 58 degree water. After about 15 minutes of that, we pulled him in and wrapped him up in blankets because his lips were turning blue. :lol:
Of course... he wanted to keep going.

Yearround:
I originally posted some pictures from when I first picked her up in Las Vegas this January. I have not taken any other pics of it, but I promise I will when I drag her to the local dealer to get summerized (hope to go this week). M-W this coming week I am going to be in San Francisco and Thursday I am dragging her in. If you want to see the old pics, look at the topic My Lil Red Boat in the Pride and Joy forum.
On the Deer Creek reservoir, it is a nice small lake, but like you, I drive by it all the time on my way to Jordanelle because the winds just howl in the afternoon down Provo canyon. Plus, the campground at Jordanelle is far nicer!

Sled491
03-29-2008, 07:13 PM
You know last year we skied the Memorial day weekend here in WI. With shorties it was not bad at all. I don't know what the water temp was (didn't figure that feature out on my PP until later in the summer :lol: ), but you weren't uncomforatable. 8)

Buttafewcoe
03-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Already has been boarders on Lake Hickory. Last weekend. Don't know what the water temp is but me toe says it's still pretty cold!!
:?
B

SEARK
03-29-2008, 09:36 PM
We had boarders on our lake yesterday and today. Water was like glass but still cold for me. It's supposed to be about 85 tomorrow so I may have to give it a shot. Just don't want to spend too much time in the water. The guys riding today had wet suits, I don't have one of those. Just have to tuf it out. :lol:

zegm
03-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Well we had a birthday party today for the son and we had the pool up to a nice 87F. We noticed that even though it was 80 out they were complaining that is was a little cool. Alright this was after about 2 hours of hard playing. Tomorrow we will go out in the LS as my son wants to try out this ski I found for him for his birthday. Then we will see his reaction when he gets in the water and I will know how many more weeks it will be before I take the plunge!
Sidenote here!!!! The parents of one of the boys who came to the party are friends that have gone out with us in the Old MC. I pulled the cover off the new LS and showed it to them. I kept hearing wow this is a beautiful boat. THEN!!! We all climbed aboard. It was my wife and I and our friends for 4 adults then we had 6 kids in the boat at one time! My wife and I are soooo Happy to have bought this boat, everyone was sitting down and there was still room. This was impossible before!!! And the compliments don't hurt either!!!!

Buttafewcoe
03-30-2008, 05:44 AM
Heck z, my OB is 4 yrs old, and I still get those compliments. Never get tired of 'em. Moomba is a VERY nice boat.
B

zegm
03-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah the only problem lately is we are getting compliments from people who are coming to the house and pass the boat on the way in! Hopefully next weekend we can get out on the lake.

tazz3069
03-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Z--
I get the same thing. When I take the boat out of the garage and prep it for the trip, People who are just passing by always say what a great looking boat I have. I don't think that I will every get tired of the compliments. When I go to the Lake, my dealer is always there taking a test drive with a potential buyer. They always call me over to them. I tell the buyer how happy I am with the boat.

Buttafewcoe
03-31-2008, 10:23 AM
My son's friend came by for the first time the other day......'wow, that's a 60K wakeboard boat!!!!" he said when he saw the OB in the drive.
I dint tell him any different
B

zegm
04-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Butta,

Thanks!

We are really disappointed today! Couldn't go out last weekend due to illness (son had a sore throat), can't go out today due to this massive storm system! Maybe tomorrow. My son is so ready to try his new ski! My wife is so ready to drive her new boat and I am so ready to hear the compliments and turn myself into the the best Moomba salesman in Panama City!
I owned a MasterCraft for 23 years but never bothered to put the MasterCraft decal on the truck, it only took me a few minutes after I got home to put the Moomba decal on the Silverado!

We only have 3 1/2 hours on the boat!!!!

Membrain
04-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey Zegm,

Are you getting the mess that just went thru Texas headed your way or is it coming up off the coast!? I always love baseball and grapefruit sized hail! It makes my day!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your kid gets to feelin’ better! Tell him to Cowboy Up!!!

Membrain
04-05-2008, 10:10 PM
We now have 9 hours on ours!!! And the PP is working! Life is good!!!!!!!!

zegm
04-05-2008, 10:41 PM
It came from the west so it was probably the same storm but those storms also bring more rain in off the gulf with them! It is supposed to be clear and 82 tomorrow!!!

SEARK
04-06-2008, 08:22 AM
We had those storms through here on Friday. Dropped about 4" of rain, now the lake is full of trash. Want to go out today but after seeing all the junk floating around yesterday I'm not real sure I want to take the risk of hitting any submerged trees.

zegm
04-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Yeah we got over an inch of rain and some more came in this morning. However according the the weather channel it is supposed to blow off by noon. Then we are going out and finally pull someone!

tazz3069
04-06-2008, 12:35 PM
I did the smae thing with the Moomba Sticker. I just bought my truck the other day. When I got home, I put my sticker on. Funny how that works. Decals before registration.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x13/tazz3069/CIMG2575.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x13/tazz3069/CIMG2574.jpg
I got my decal from a member here. His name is Jim Hagen. His company is www.sign-edge.com He did a great job. Just tell him the colors and he will send you proofs.

zegm
04-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Wow did that decal come with the boat? I noticed we had 2 but I thought they were the same, now I am going to go look in that bag and see if I have that same one!

tazz3069
04-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Z--
I got this from a member in here. His name is Jim Hagen. He has a company call Sign-Edge. You can find him on the web at www.sign-edge.com. The only thing you need to do is give him the colors and he will send you proofs. He made other decals for me aswell. I will reveal my boat when the stereo system is finished. She not photo ready yet.

zegm
05-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Hey Everyone!

We almost have 10 hours on the boat!!! We were out both Saturday and Sunday last week and plan to do the same this weekend! The boat is AWESOME!!!!! It PULLS great! It is FAST! It is ROOMY!!!! EVERY time we launch it people tell us what a Beautiful Boat we have!!! Sunday when we put it back on the trailer my wife jumped in it and started wiping everything down with a towel. Cushions were removed as she was cleaning everything, picking up little bits of dirt off the carpet! Right there on the ramp she went into a Cleaning Rage!!! Know what that means???? She LOVES her new boat!!!!!
OK now the sad news, we will be going out a little late as we have to clean the old MasterCraft Saturday morning so that I can list it online for sale. This means we will be late getting out on the water!!!

Sled491
05-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Man Z, you've been talking about getting that boat ready forever. Just pay the kids 10 bucks each and let them loose on the old girl!

zegm
05-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi all!!!

Notice that since the boat arrived I have been missing from the site!!! Well the reason is I don't have time to post because we are always out in the boat!!!
AWESOME BOAT!!!!

Just got my new Radar Senate and will post some information after I try it out soon!!!!

04OUTBACK
05-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Z
Have you actually gotten into the water prior to June? WOW!