PDA

View Full Version : Demo Boat Wrap

Jon
03-08-2008, 07:22 PM
I thought I would post pictures of my shop's demo boat for the year. It is a 2008 Moomba Mobius XLV with MANY upgrades and customizations including the custom wrap/graphics in the pictures. Shop is Diamond Lakes WaterSports in Malvern Arkansas. I don't know if I would ever put this on my personal boat but it definitely draws attention like a demo boat should.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/555040.jpg

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/555041.jpg

Bradfrd
03-08-2008, 07:36 PM
I think it looks great.

spyder
03-08-2008, 07:47 PM
That looks hot.

04OUTBACK
03-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Jon,
THat is SWEET. You'll get lots o looks in that one!

zegm
03-09-2008, 12:45 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like that!

Buttafewcoe
03-09-2008, 05:41 AM
I'd buy it!
B

Aquaholic
03-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Jon, How does the 2 485 look from the front. I like the speaker combo but the front side of them is ugly. Also how is the head room with the speakers and are you going to put the bimini back up. Who is doing the stereo install? my guys in GA are KICK ass and would do a good job. They were at the ATL show and the Charlotte show. Their stereo setup helped the boat sell over 16 boats , one for 89,000 SAN 230. I have some pics if you want to see

TL7
03-09-2008, 05:15 PM
I think that looks great, and I am 33 yrs old!

Could someone explain the wraps to me? What are they made of, and how do they work? More specifically:

1. How much are they?
2. Where do you get them (I'm in the Houston area)?
3. How long do they last?

Thanks!

Jon
03-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Aquaholic,

To be honest I haven't really paid attention to the front (back) of the speakers. All I know is that they are aerodynamic and will help with gas when I go to tow the boat long distances. I think the Cargo Rack helps "hide" any cosmetic dislikes some might have. I don't have a problem with head room. Me and my normal crew are all under 6' so its never been a real problem for us.

I actually do all of the stereo installs for my shop. I'd love to see some pictures of others work though. Its always good to get new/better ideas. PM me a link.

TL7,

Thanks for the compliment. The wrap is basically like a big heavy duty vinyl sticker. The material is printed then is stretched and heated when applied to the boat. It can fit any curve easily. My graphics guy told me it would be no problem to completely wrap an easter egg with no seams. I do not know the exact cost of my partial wrap and graphics (I bartered with the graphics place with some wakeboard gear) but I would guess between $1500-$2000 installed. As far as a place to get them, I would think any decent graphics/tint place should be able to do it no problem. There should be a ton of places in Houston. I think the warranty for my wrap is 3 years.

Here are a few more detailed pics:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/555362.jpg

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/555363.jpg

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/555364.jpg

Membrain
03-09-2008, 05:58 PM
I saw an episode of “Horsepower” on Spike TV and saw all about this! Its cool! They make any kind of graphic you can imagine on Auto CAD or computer aid design. That graphic design is then transferred (for lack of a better word) onto a machine that prints it out on a type of material that resembles vinyl roll up sheets. I’m going off of memory here so anyone who can chime in is more than welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After it is printed onto these sheets, you put in on your vehicle or whatever, and kind of stretch it out over the car or boat. You spray some Windex or equivalent to let it slide around so as to not wrinkle in-between the vinyl and vehicle. It is similar to installing window tint! You use a squeegee to work out the bubbles and wrinkles and such. I think it said that it had around 4-7-year warranty.

It will scratch and tear if you hit it with a wake board or ski, but it is really very durable. I think the show said that it cost around $2,500.00 to do the Nova that they were working on.

The cool thing about this is that you can have any kind of graphic or paint job that you want…it is only limited to our imagination!

Membrain
03-09-2008, 06:03 PM
That is one awesome boat! I noticed that it has the Supra boat trailer fenders and wheels! Is that an option or what!?!?!?! :?:

Jon
03-09-2008, 06:10 PM
The wheels and fenders are not an option from Moomba. I swapped the stock ones with a Supra I had on lot.

yearround
03-10-2008, 10:25 AM
the wrap look great.

next question: what kind of wakeboard racks do you have? are they the roswell swivell racks? are they installed on the leg of the tower that fold down? does that get a little heavy for lowering the tower?

thanks

Jon
03-10-2008, 11:16 AM
yearround,

Yes, the board racks are the Roswell Caddy racks with swivels. It is mounted just below the knobs on the tower. The only heavy part about the lowering the tower is the top. Luckily Wetsounds have a quick disonnect bracket that makes it easier.

yearround
03-10-2008, 01:18 PM
thanks for the info.

some more questions on the racks. I store my boat in the garage. so we are obviously lifting the tower all the time.

can the racks be mounted above the disconnect bracket or does that put the rack too high? where do the brackets sit when folded? i have seen gel chips from the arms or tower dropping/resting on the gel.

i know others have shown some novel solutions to support the tower. i usually tie up to the ceiling with a bunge and i usually remember to unhook it before i pull out.

i like the swivel racks, should solve a few problems:
1) save back strains
2) problems that happen when i slip my foot off the wrong side
3)i could turn the racks inside so that fitting the boat through the door may be a bit easier.

can they be mounted above the knobs?

for now, we are not putting tower speakers on. it is usually me putting the tower up by myself, 2-3x per week, i would rather hold the rope that struggle with the tower before and after. but maybe if i see the convenient disconnect that may change.

what is the cost of the swivel racks?

Jon
03-10-2008, 06:49 PM
yearround,

I'm not sure what I was thinking when i replied to you. The board racks are actually mounted above the tower knobs. When the tower folds down the small lower legs are not long enough to touch gelcoat or vinyl. They will just rest on the tower itself. When the main part of the tower folds down it actually works out perfect to where the black rubber piece on the bottom of the swivel rack rests on that small lower leg that is folded. It works out to where I don't see how anything can be damaged. Retail cost of the racks with swivels is $800.

Sled491
03-12-2008, 07:53 PM
I like the wrap a lot it is just awsum. Rugburn says he does this kind of stuff now ( I only mention him because he is close to me and is who I would use here in WI) I know some guys at the track had there sleds done for about $350. Much Much smaller area, but more curves. I would absolutely love something like that to give my boat more character 8)

Rugburn
03-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Im going to be wrapping my boat in the next couple of weeks and wrapping the truck to match. The hardest part is pulling the trigger on the design, I have 3 different ones going and it make come down to a coin flip.

Sled491
03-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Rugburn, I still have your number, I still need to call you. Sorry about the delay :oops:

03-15-2008, 01:58 AM
That boat is awesome! Do you have any pictures of the interior? The more the better. Thanks.

jdsharpe57
03-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Rugburn,

I'm very curious to see how that works out for you make sure you take before and after pics :)

AustinXLV
07-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Is it possible to post the pictures of the wrap again. They seem to be dead now. I'm about to have some graphics designed for my XLV and could use some ideas. Thanks!

tazz3069
07-30-2008, 07:40 AM
I would like to see the pictures as well. They are not on your oist anymore.

SEARK
07-30-2008, 07:55 AM
I saw the boat a couple of weeks ago when I was at the dealership. They really did a good job on it and it is one sharp looking boat. The picture really doesn't do it justice.

lancesaville
05-19-2009, 12:59 AM
I didn't see this post when it was originally up but i think there's images of the boat you're talking about at

http://prosignsandgraphics.com/index.php/boat/wraps/graphics/hot/springs/arkansas.html

Enjoy. That is a good lookin boat.